1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SMZ1 Formula Rim

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marcel Kleene, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Marcel Kleene

Marcel Kleene Member AMS2 Club Member

My newest Baby to have fun with AMS. Now I don't need any hood anymore.. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The SMZ1 wheel is a state of the art current F1 tech inspired wheel and is made from a 1/4" thick solid piece of carbon fiber with cast in place urethane rubber hand grips. It has 10 buttons, 4 Three way momentary toggles and 6 rotary style switches. The commercial duty shifters are from Precision Design Worx and are billet aluminum with magnetic snap action. It also has dual clutch paddles allowing for controlled starts at the drop of the green. That's 33 individual inputs for controlling even the most elaborate racing cars.

The SMZ1 Wheel is fully compatible with the Z1 Dashboard software. It comes with a license for the Z1 software as well as two years of updates.*

LED Features**:
    • 15 LEDs shift light across the top
    • The 15 shift lights can be programmed for any RPM
    • Top LEDs can be set to include DRS lights
    • Top LEDs can be set to flash when pit limiter is engaged or rev limiter is hit
    • 3 left and 3 right LEDs can be customized to indicate DRS Available, DRS Active, DRS On, Yellow Flag, Blue Flag, Pit Limiter, Water Temp, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure, Low Fuel

If you want one as well...check out: Z1 Dashboard : Sam Maxwell SMZ1 Wheel

• Like Like x 7
  2. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow! That's really nice wheel you have there. :)

3. Paulo Gomes

Paulo Gomes Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Beautiful! congratulations :)

4. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you assign Brake balance or Sway bar settings to these rotary switches ?
    Do they have fixed positions or can you adjust settings down or up by turning them left or right ?

5. BlkJello

BlkJello New Member AMS2 Club Member

That is one beautiful wheel. I just picked up a fanatec clubsport bundle and i drew a mighty bead of sweat writing that check. Writing a check for that wheel would make me have a heart attack.:p LOL.
    Congrats man...that wheel is sick!! :) Are you going to use it with a clubsport base?

6. Marcel Kleene

@SayOhare. yes you can. Actually still have to play a lot around and learn how what works.
    But for the rotary, I think it works like a button... turn right is like Button 1, turn left like button 2.
    So I have for example on one rotary, the opion raise and lower LCD, which I use to select next tyre.

7. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's nice, so you can adjust your ride from your steer,

8. Marcel Kleene

Actually my plan is to have everything from my wheel. No more hood on screen. All info on the wheel display. But the LCD from the game is still needed to change the tyres.