Soooo.... what did you drive today?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Professionalsimracing.com, Mar 13, 2016.

1. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

After a few laps at Taruma in the Opala 86 ( one of my favorites), I gave the Formula Ultimate a second try.
    I did a couple of quick laps at Hockenhiem when it first came out, decided it was too fast for me and switched to Formula Retro on the old circuit ( which is awesome).
    Fired up the Ultimate again on Brands Hatch GP and had a blast...so fast and smooth, my brain does not go that fast, but it was a lot of fun. I have the bug now. Thanks Reiza.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

The new Stock Car 2017, in proper long and wide tracks, makes me forget about GT3 cars.

Overall, it feels like it is a little easier to drive than before. I'm spinning less often in tight hairpins, and I'm even managing to drive without assist (in the past, TC was a must-have for me in Stock).

Interlagos, Imola, Suzuka, Hockenheim, even Jacarepagua 2005 and Curvelo long, this car feels like it's made for them. Not to mention mod tracks like Barcelona, Nurburgring, Monza, Silverstone, Melbourne, COTA, Road America... Stock 2017 handles too damn good, it's great on long fast tracks, something between a tipical touring car and a formula car. But you still need to break and handle tight corners like a touring car. It is (like real-life) really a low-cost version of a DTM car, with all its goodness.

The new Chevrolet Cruze silhouette is very beautiful, car looks sleek, mean, aggressive. Now I spent some time after races, just to see cars in replay.

And now, with revamped Push-to-Pass functionallity and the AI effectivelly using it to overtale you, Stock 2017 became the best car in-game again!

As for the rest of Brazilian tracks (too short, too narrow), the Montana is the fittest substitute :)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

After downloading build 1.4.5:

GTR Ultima Race @ (Patrick Giranthon's) Spa. AI on 103%, High Aggression.

Being the fourth of a five-car group that kept going side-by-side, I tried for an overtake on the downhill stretch to Pouhon. Yes, I'm an idiot. It was like the Charge of the Light Brigade - cars to the left of me, cars to the right - but with extreme cowardice on my part as I clung to the inside of Pouhon and watched, screaming, as the cars in front, beside and behind me somehow emerged intact and still on the racetrack. With each AI update, Automobilista gets more and more exciting.

I can't remember if I made the pass. The terror has wiped my memory. :eek::D

4. Scraper

MCR 2000 @ Curvelo. AI on 103%, High Aggression.

I spent a happy ten laps in third place, trying as hard as I could to catch the front two. The MCR is a slidey beast of a thing and yet behaves itself, even offering redemption from bad mistakes. Curvelo has a few corners whose camber dips at the apex, inviting the driver to plunge into them. In short, as the tires warmed up, I began to absolutely chuck the car around the circuit. A desperate last few laps got me holding a drift and counter-steering as I stamped on the loud pedal. Marvellous fun.

I stayed in third place. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Had a blast with the GTR Ultima Race at Oulton Park and Brands Hatch.

6. Novotny

Novotny New Member

F309s at Oulton park on 100% AI (the new medium agr), 20 cars, 20 laps, no tyre wear. Brilliant fun.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Scraper

F301s with Niels Heusinkveld's setup at Imola. I took two seconds off my best time but I'm still as slow as molasses compared to the Cookie Monster. ;)

MCR2000 @ Brasilia Full, AI 104%, Aggression High. I started with the default setup by mistake but not to worry - it gave me 10 laps of fun. It's not exactly a handsome car but it drives beautifully. To my ears, it also sounds a bit meatier than before.

• Like Like x 1
  8. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Trying out the Caterham 360R at Brands Hatch with a multi-class set up of 19 vehicles including the 'Mini' and the 'Lancer RS' ....awesome fun...for me personally setting up different multi-class races is something I really enjoy, whether normal car groupings or bizzare groupings like Formula Trucks, Opala 1986, Stockcar V8 and me driving the Ultima Race, all on one track...great fun.
    AI is very competitive now and it makes it a challenge to race and win....very happy with Automobilista at the moment, it just feels right...keep up the great work Reiza.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spin

Spin Active Member

F309 @ Brasilia short while testing out my new csl elite lc brakes (sold my Fana csp v3).

F309 @ Brasilia short is sort of like my default car/track combo to test hardware out due to it's simplicity and how familiar I am with that combo although, technically speaking, it's definitely not the best test track.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  10. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

11. Scraper

Vanport? :)

• Agree Agree x 1