sound problems

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by testdriver69, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Xzess

Xzess New Member

It's really nice you say, really nice you listen too, and really good you are fixing. Nice work, I appreciate the words, and I'm glad I helped.

I know the sound engine it's a bit strange in Gmotor, I didn't deal with config sfx files or programing internals, but a way to avoid strange offset pops when random loop, (if there is a way) is to put some default fade when sample change with some miliseconds it will avoid poping hopefully. Really noticiable for example if you quick move the mouse over main menu selection options. It pops and clicks a lot.

Also another thing I didn't notice anything whel resampling the camaro sounds, what to expect?

2. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Weird noise in high frequencies, like some R2D2 language and some whistling pitching up and down randomly. Maybe wind overpowers it, try leaving only engine and drivetrain slider at 100% set others to 0%. You should hear it easily (much easier noticable on silent cars). That random noise is practically inaudible with 96kHz samplerate which we have been using for probably 5years. That will soon come to an end as there is a solution for using lower sample rate and not getting any noises. Very simple thing in code but with many pros, less cpu, less ram, less storage space.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

The update will effect spotter sounds too?
    Please put an eye on them too...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. testdriver69

testdriver69 New Member

cool so my thread was not in vain ! happy happy happy :)

5. Xzess

Xzess New Member

@Domagoj Lovric Nice work in the udate :) Engine sounds now are free of pops.

But I have one complain too ejjejeje just to inform, some fx maintain pops, some gravel/grass, maybe brake hiss, and the most evident are the curbs.

But anyways sound is really improved in this update!! continue as this!

6. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

For issues - aware of them all, had more then few attempts already at remedying that. Remaining issue is stopping of effects. Sometimes they are stopped abruptly and it causes a click. I already tried few solutions, all of them eliminated the clicks, but all of them had one thing in common: CTD sooner or later. So all of them eliminated game stability as well :D
    Every so i come up with something new for this specific issue.. Think in last update it should've been lower then it was before.

• Winner Winner x 1