1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stock Car Pro series 2024 rules?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by SJors, Apr 8, 2024.

1. SJors

SJors Member

I love AMS 2, but when you do a championship in a specific series it does not explain the rules of that series.

Can someone please explain to me the following rules for the Stock Car Pro series 2024? I dont speak portugese and cannot find them explained anywhere.

-Pitstop rules, how many mandatory tyres to swap?
    -Boost rules. It seems after the first lap you can use the boost at will, but how many times? And on some tracks like Cascavel, it does not let me use boost at all?

Anyone know how it works?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree it would be nice to see a page with the current rules for officially supported series, hopefully that's something that comes with the UI update in future.

As for the StockCar 2024 series I think I read they've altered the Boost usage since the first or second round, but not sure that's in game yet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SJors

SJors Member

Nobody knows the rules? Devs? Moderators?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

5. MarcG

hmm yes I can't make heads or tails of that :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  6. MarcG

I guess this belongs in this thread; I do not like the new SC2024 Boost rules of a 5 Second Delay after pressing the button, no one can predict the future precisely and even in 5 seconds on a race track a lot could happen.

As it now works you need to be thinking ahead about when you'll need it, whilst trying to concentrate on a potential hundred other things (like out braking an opponent into a corner whilst you're down shifting for example "oh yeah I need to press the Boo....<crash>"). Who knows, you might press the button, go off track 4 seconds later and it's a Boost wasted, or you come out a corner with the countdown on and there's a double yellow flag, or car in the middle of the track etc etc

I get that all drivers would (did) just use them on straights at the same point alongside each other, but the idea of limiting the number of Boosts makes that a strategy play over the entire race not a one lap battle with your opponent. Therefore the original immediate Boost was and is IMO the better way to use this feature, of course though I am old skool and would prefer no Boost/DRS/PushToPass nonsense in racing altogether but if the series provides it I *have* to use it otherwise I'd get left behind!

Personally I simply don't like it, it's changed the way I race these cars and not for the better, almost to point I don't want to race them any more and that's a shame as I love the Brazilian StockCars (I may stick to older classes perhaps).

I of course commend Reiza on implementing it as they have done, showing their attention to detail in rule sets of supported series, this rant is not against them at all :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. maitevel

maitevel New Member

I understand what you mean, but you're overstating it:

1) We have 40 boosts. In a "conventional circuit" (Le Mans wouldn't be, for example, but the Bugatti version would), they should last you at least 30 laps.

2) Those boosts are not nitrous oxide either. xD They give you an extra 3 tenths of a second to overtake in a straight line... and that's it.

3) Except for very rare occasions, you can correctly predict 5 seconds in advance if you want to use the boost or not. All this assuming you are on a slow curve before a straight line

Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

For my own reasons, I don't use this class, but I'm sure the real rules don't fully apply to the class in the game.

As for the Real Stock Car 2024 regulations:
    The amount of Push to Pass is set for each stage being two races - Saturday and Sunday;
    Quantity, duration, delay time and percentage of intake opening will be defined for each stage;
    The extra power can only be used after the driver has completed the first lap after the start or a restart and can be used anywhere on the track.
    Curiosity: The engines in the category are identical for the teams/drivers - they are delivered sealed and cannot be altered (there is an inspection at the end of each race). The engines are limited (power) by the intake opening and the Push to Pass only allows for a few seconds, a greater opening of this intake which results in more power. As well as being used to overtake, Push to Pass is also widely used to defend against overtaking.

Mandatory pit stops:
    A window is defined in each race for the opening of the pits where the mandatory stop must be made, at least one tire must be changed (refueling optional). This window occurs, for example, between laps "x" and "y" - outside of this window, any driver can visit the pit if necessary, but must do so again within the window.

The regulations change every year and sometimes even during the season, which is why it's difficult to adapt the current rules faithfully to the game.

However, a more detailed explanation from the company would be welcome, especially for Stock Car and preferably within the game.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  9. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree that SCB rules are not carved in stone, they can change or not at each stage.
    Basic rule is 40 boosts per stage but can vary.
    My vote is for Reiza do what they like (regarding rules)

• Like Like x 2
  10. SJors

SJors Member

I would like for Reiza to put the rules they are using in a series clear in a popup window or something/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. asalton

asalton Copa Classic driver

To be fair with Reiza, this season the Stock Car managers are going nuts with the regulations, adding obscure edge cases every round. The latest is driver Gabriel Casagrande to start with max ballast next round even though he's not the championship leader..

• Like Like x 1