Stockcar Brazil Series info

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by wowbagger, May 1, 2018.

1. wowbagger

wowbagger Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Does anyone have a good source of online information about the official Stockcar Brazil (2017 or 2018) series? Things like:
    - number of practices & session length
    - qualy format & session length
    - how long is each race (is it time limited or lap limited)?
    - do they pit? (tires, fuel?)
    - tire set limits?

From youtube and the srs I've figured out that they have rolling starts and full course yellows with safety car.

Info in English would be preferred (since my Portuguese is non-existent) but I'd appreciate anything. I couldn't find much on the official site or wikipedia.

Thanks for any guidance.

2. Alexandre Sene

Alexandre Sene Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. wowbagger

wowbagger Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Obrigado!

There is some good information in there about session numbers and lengths and it seems to have translated quite well, with google's assistance.

So far:

Double Racing
    Stock Car stages are carried out with two races. Both have the same duration time, 40 minutes and one more lap, but they have different scores, the first one having a larger weight.

Compulsory supply
    All riders are obliged to carry out the obligatory supply during the race period determined by the race direction in which the pits will be opened for five laps.

Punctuation system
    The winner of the first race of the double round wins 30 points, while the winner of the second race earns 20 points. In the Grand Final, held in a single race at the Interlagos racetrack, the score of the first race will be doubled. The winner of the event will score 60 points, second place, 52 points, and so on.

Classification model
    The qualifying training that defines the starting grid of the stages is divided into three parts. In the first, the drivers are divided into two groups and the fastest 15 advance to the next stage, where all the riders are on the track at the same time to define the six that will compete for Pole Position HERO. In the decision, the top six run for a single quick lap to decide who will drop first in the grid.

Phases
    The current season is played in 12 races, with 10 of them being played in a double round. Only the Million Race and the Grand Final are held in a single race with a different score.

Friday
    11h05 - 11h40: 1st Stock Car Training (Group 1)
    11h50 - 12h25: 1st Training Stock Car (Group 2)

14h10 - 14h45: 2nd Training Stock Car (Group 1)
    14h55 - 15h30: 2nd Training Stock Car (Group 2)

Saturday
    08h00 - 08h35: 3rd Training Stock Car (Group 1)
    08h45 - 09h20: 3rd Training Stock Car (Group 2)
    11h00 - 12h00: Stock Car Classification

Sunday
    11h00: Race 1 Stock Car
    12h05: Race 2 Stock Car

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. hashegotabeard

hashegotabeard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Most of this is described accurately in the series file.

I was surprised that they've managed to get the different points between race 1 and 2, even. I've not tested it but it should also support the staggered Qualie system as well.

The things that can't be done, I'd imagine, is the 2 longer single races and the 'compulsory supply' which I'm interpreting as a Mandatory pitstop within a 5 lap window.

5. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Some weird translations in there, lol.
    Higher score.

Mandatory refueling.

Rounds.

For the first race grid is defined by qualifying results, for the 2nd race grid is defined by results of 1st race with the top 10 drivers inverting positions.
    Also, for the first race at Interlagos each car had 2 drivers (full season driver + guest driver) and iirc it had different score.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1