1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight4 Studios And Reiza Studios Announce Strategic Partnership

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, May 19, 2023.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

COOL

2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried VR but unfortunately my brain can't cope with it, after 2 laps in Interlagos historic, I was sweating and had awful nausea :D.
    I have a Quest 2, so it's not the best quality headset, might give it another chance after trying other less motion intensive VR games, see if my brain can get used to it.

A shame because the immersion is awesome!

3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

To the best of my knowledge almost all people can get used to VR.
    Its just a matter of slowly get more and more minutes>hours with these googles on.
    People are just different to adapt.
    If you just take your time ... then ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Have you considered old, one eyed pirates like me in your statement? I tell you VR is a lie and there is no 3D in Reality.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. pitkin

pitkin New Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know whether to to be worried or excited for this news. You sum up my feelings pretty well.
    On the one hand, Ian Bell is kind of mad professor figure to me. Genius ideas, but they seem to come out half baked and then he's on to the next thing he's excited about. PCARS was lots of promises of features, many of which didn't go anywhere. Then those features would have to wait until PC2. Most didn't come then either. The Community Assisted part of the title was just funding for the sim rather than the development input it was supposed to be, so IMO he never kept his side of the bargain. Luckily for me PCARs and PCARS2 ended up being 'free'. As an initial investor, I got my money back over time and more than enough to pay for PCARS2. But by the time PCARS3 came I had no interest in it. I'd be very cautious of buying another sim he was involved with.

On the other hand, Reiza is a studio I have absolute faith in. Everything they do they make the best of what they got. What they did with AMS1 was amazing for me as a solely offline player. If it had varying weather and decent VR I'd say I had my perfect sim.

AMS2 has taken a lot longer to get to a good place than I thought it would, it's not quite as good as AMS1 yet, but it's getting there. I wish for them that they perhaps released a year later to iron out some of the issues that made people say it was just PCARS2 with a different name. It's so much better than that now.

Maybe Ian's crazy ideas and Renato's drive for perfection will be a good match. At the end of the day, Ian now has the some of the best sim developers ever working with him. This is his chance to earn back some respect and get back on top. I hope he does.

Last edited: May 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  7. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Haha good one Mc:p
    Before digital cameras became mainstream I took 3D fotos (slides) with 2 small synced analog cameras side by side.
    And then displayed them on a metallic screen through angled polarised filters.
    When viewed through equally angled pola glasses the 3D quality was smashing.:eek:

But we discovered that my old mother in law was very blaze - because why this 3D fuss she said.
    The reason was nobody including herself had discovered she only did use one of her eyes 5-10%.
    Her brain more or less did shot the info from this eye off.:p

8. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Same for me, 70/20. Albeit, the visual is so irritating sometimes that I use an eyepatch for convenience.