1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuttering issues - discussion & suggestions

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Spin, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member

I would expect it to need new drivers from Nvidia tbh

2. Richard963

Richard963 Member

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  3. Richard963

Richard963 Member

4. Novotny

Novotny New Member

AMS v1.4.9r & Nvidia 388.31, clean install. I am no longer having any issues with stuttering whatsoever, running beautifully.

5. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

I experienced stuttering briefly after changing the video card. Strangely I've had no problems with old Radeon 7950 and then after changing to Geforce 1060 stuttering was horrible on some tracks (Imola especially).
    This was only with DynHUD enabled. Once I turned the DynHUD off (could do it within the game with F key) stuttering was gone. Someone suggested capping the game to 107fps after which I no longer had the problem even with the DynHUD. Shadows set to max, time progression on.
    I wonder if people still experience it with the new native HUD?

6. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member

I have both stutter (fps limit at 60) or low or inconsistent fps image (any other fps limit or off), even though fps is 100+.
    Smooth only with vysnc on, but then I get the very obvious input lag. Alex suggested I was low on cpu power - using 5 year old sandy pentium.
    Will try to update as soon as I can and see then if it makes any difference.

7. Ami_M3

Ami_M3 Member

I run the game with vsync off. I wonder what would happen if I removed the fps cap. I am at steady 107, it never fluctuates. However since everything works great now I'm scared to touch it. I'll be upgrading to 144Hz monitors next year so eventually I will need to remove/up the fps cap

8. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member

Vsync off here too.

9. mkel1966

mkel1966 Member

I tried what you did. Cleaned my gpu driver with DDU then went back to Nvidia 388.31, capped fps to 107(tried 97), dips down to 71 once in a while but my stuttering on every corners are gone. Much better with Vsync off. Wow:D!!! I don't know how many times I freshly cleaned my gpu drivers nothing worked after that FCU. But this time it did. Just very happy.:):):)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Novotny

Novotny New Member

Excellent, it's so frustrating when things won't work as you know they can. :)

11. FS7

FS7 Active Member

Oddly I got stuttering after switching from a 2GB GTX 750 ti to a 6GB GTX 1060. Using normal hud instead of dynhud solved the problem. Game looks beautiful with shadows on high and everything else on max.

12. rsr427

rsr427 New Member

I really like the new hud they rolled out a while back. I think its the normal hud.

As for me, I may have stated it before, but my issue was specific to using Carbonite's automatic backup service. I changed one setting and it was cured.