1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion: preserve time trial leader board

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by vinicius alvarenga, Nov 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. vinicius alvarenga

vinicius alvarenga New Member

Can I make a suggestion?
    Would it be possible for Reiza developers keep two leader boards, pre and post Physics V1.3 in the game?

It is a bit frustrating to spend hundreds of hours in the simulator to have it completely vanished.
    I understand what is coming is better and everything but, what motivation will we have to push for good laps if the next update might result in all laps being deleted? What would be the point?

All I'm asking is to not just delete the fun people had in the game.

I own a small software development consultancy here in the UK, I know little changes costs a lot sometimes. All I'm asking is just to not throw the time that people invested in the simulator in the trash can.

If it is unviable to keep the old leader-board in the game, fair enough. Would it be possible to extract that info from your servers and render a static html page, with the records per driver, track and class? I know it isn't that easy, it never is, but here it goes: I would be more than glad to help doing so completely for free if necessary.

Best regards

2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

This deletion has been coming for nearly a year. It was programmed as a lot of cars had gained and lost speed over quite a few patches, but it was waiting for the 1.3 driveline fixes to finally trigger it. There most likely won’t be a 2nd deletion since the desired performance and handling baseline has been reached, hence why it also took so long.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. vinicius alvarenga

Thanks for the reply @Shriukan.
    I get your point and I understand that it is fair to start the leader board from scratch.
    I'm not a forum guy so it didn't even crossed my mind that such was planned.

Maybe it is totally my fault, but I participate in other driving communities and I haven't heard anyone talking about deleting the leader board.

Honest question, I really wonder from the player base how is the pie chart regarding players that fully realised the deletion is about to happen and players that have no idea such thing will happen.

If I would have to make a guess I would say that most players usually turn on the computer, turn on the steering wheel, open steam, click paly AMS2 and that is it. It might come as a sour surprise to some players that the hundred of hours they applied are now deleted for ever.

And I understand that preserving the leader board (not necessarily inside the game) is not a priority for Reiza. That is why I offer my company's skill set to help for free (100% free).

I'm not saying Reiza should not delete or create a new leader board from scratch. What I'm saying is, before you delete it, make a backup and either share with the community or pick someone (like me) to build a small website that all it does is let people browser lap times. Then delete the leader board and start one from scratch. This way people can still show their friends how good or bad they were.

4. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Would solve the issue if the rankings have some version or date filter, but I believe that is simple to just reset it.

I have no problem about it, even if I had a some top 1, still have the fastest speed reached in AMS 2 (at least comparing with other TT replays/phantoms) and a lot of fast times. Because we are aways getting faster and new records can be made.

EDIT: What I really want is an option to not share my setups... tired to see folks using my own effort to create a good setup against me lol.

Cheers!

5. vinicius alvarenga

I feel it is fair as well to restart it.
    All I'm asking is to create a backup and share the backup with the community or with a company that would render the same info else where (I already said I could do that for free, it would be a pleasure).

I know that people will most of the time not care about what it once was, but still, if you want to show mommy and daddy how good we were, you still would have a place to do so. It is cliché but lap times have sentimental value :D :D :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you have been fast in 1.2.xxx I see no reason why you should be slow in 1.3.xxx

7. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

I don't think people are gonna head back to a website to check a deprecated Time Trial leaderboard, especially if said leaderboard is filled with times from previous iterations of cars and setups that are neither usable now nor possible to set since quite a few cars got changed or locked out values.

Simply put, it's not worth the work. The only reason I see to make this happen is if you actually create a website to show the current leaderboard and add a small link to view old times, but such website is not planned as far as i am aware.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. vinicius alvarenga

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

9. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

Resetting the leaderboards will also prevent people from saving and using old car setups, that may behave unpredictably with the v1.3 update. I suspect that's the reason for the reset (and obviously lap times that can be achieved in a given car may change).
    It needs to be done to prevent problems going forwards.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. vinicius alvarenga

I wonder if you read my suggestion.
    No one here is suggesting to leave the old one as valid or as the reference to be followed.
    Please wake up :D

11. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

I wonder if you actually read your own post... ?

A direct quote from your OP:
    "Can I make a suggestion?
    Would it be possible for Reiza developers keep two leader boards, pre and post Physics V1.3 in the game?"

That was prior to comments about exporting to a web-site or database. I clarified why that part of your comment isn't realistic.
    Go back to sleep.

12. vinicius alvarenga

The comment is not only that as you just said.

13. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

Thank you Captain Obvious.
    Over and out - that's a big ten four from me chief.

14. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi mate. I just wanted to say sorry for my earlier comments about putting you out of your misery. It was meant as a joke. Appreciate that is was on your behalf and I apologise for that.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I like to run leaderboards as well. To keep things in perspective for myself, I take each attempt as a moment in time and I don't get too attached to it. There will always be someone faster.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

@vinicius alvarenga
    if you want TT to be fun , challenging no matter your pace, and relevant. then I highly recommend you join Team Time Trial on discord.
    Join the Team Time Trial Discord Server!

It’s a monthly challenge and championship that caters to all, and has its own leaderboards.
    it’s just wrapped up for the month, and on hold pending TT reset. Then it will have 4 different combos to work on over a month.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1