1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supercar DLC driving test.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Dylan Hale, Aug 25, 2023.

1. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Marc, I'm going to have to relearn how to play this game now because it's so damn different

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

What? Did you re-do your FFB settings?

3. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What where your FFB settings before? Seeing that we have the same wheel, I have no idea how bad your settings were for you to find it so different.

As I wrote before the issue is not detail or strength, is the deadzone I feel which I don't like compared to other cars, but as I also wrote, maybe it's just the nature of the beast and I just don't gel with the car.

Gave it another go and the sausage curbs do give a pretty big jolt. You have to use TC on the car for it to be more enjoyable, it's not a car that you can play around with it much, you will lose control.

4. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Marc Collins Your explanations reinforce the need for a revamped FFB UI with text that explains what the settings do and with recommendations for different FFB wheel types. Some YTubers turn everything except Gain to zero and probably persuade their viewers, who might instead benefit from official Reiza advice, to do the same.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

A FFB guide could be added to the wiki

6. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That would be helpful but most players, especially the more casual ones, will not go to the trouble of consulting a wiki or this forum.

7. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

True

8. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't really think about "throttle-steer" when driving. I just think about the traction circle and also trying not to upset the weight balance with abrupt inputs.

9. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One thing I can say on my end: changing FFB file to the correct custom one made zero difference on my end with every other car that was not the Senna. Not even the Brabham BT62, which shares the same tyre. Did some setup work on the Sauber C9 before bedtime afterwards and again, nothing different to be felt.

The FFB tweaking process is something to ponder, and on its current form the McLaren Senna seems like a good tool to fine-tune it until finding a sweetspot. But my thoughts on the rear end of this car remain unchanged; if this sole car is more dependant on very precise FFB settings, it also means it's more treacherous and knife-edge that a 1986 F1 or a Group C prototype. I cannot agree with that.

10. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

I don't see how. I do loads of laps with my wheel unplugged.
    It doesn't make any difference to the way the cars drive.

11. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, but many simracers rely on FFB as their way to lean on the edge of grip, consciously or sub-consciously. Personally, I did not believe I was very FFB sensitive, even with a Direct Drive, until this episode of mine testing the Senna :p

12. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, so I was running 0 dampening, 0 LFB 50 FX and 50 gain.

I'm now running 50 dampening, 5 LFB, 90 FX, and 85 Gain and its a completely different game.

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

If you are using a custom FFB file, you can ignore what I said--it applies to the built-in FFB only. Custom all bets are off. You need to consult with the author of the file to determine what settings to use in the game so that you can then tweak and adjust the variables in the custom file. One step too many for me ;)

• Informative Informative x 1