1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T500RS not recognized

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by boomerkc, Apr 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. MREis

MREis New Member

@BrunoB Could be, but at least in DIView there is not a single other input detected while turning the steering - and its not bothering any other game except AM2 and PC2 (same engine).

@Jaro I have even unplugged them - makes no difference (they are pluged in the wheel with a RJ-12 kind of plug).

2. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

pedals are "seperate" or"combined"
    I suggest seperate if you set to combined.

3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Im sorry I cant help you more - but using some logic then there must be a reason the game SW interpret the output from your wheel as "Multiple Inputs Detected".
    I mean your device is at least detected but obviously the output reaching the SW have a form/attributes that the SW interprets as more than one device.;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. MREis

MREis New Member

Always seperate - but as mentioned also tested not attached.

5. MREis

MREis New Member

I am thankful for any attempt of help, but I do try and research as far as possible before asking… so ...now you are standing where I am – and yes, the logic is simple, but the cause not necessarily (do not get me wrong, often it is, but not always).

Something in the way the driver delivers data and the PC2 Engine interprets that data has gone bad (it used to work, but some AM2 Updates, Some Steam, Some Fanatec later it did not) - no clue why.

For the Game, it would be nice if it would SHOW what it thinks it’s getting, like list the inputs coming in or visualize them on the actually listed axis, buttons and so. The GUI Works fine if everything works - but you do not actually see anything beyond that, alternatively you could also have an option to choose or ignore certain inputs specifically.

Strange is, as said before, all other Racing games work fine and have no trouble at all interpreting the data coming from the wheel... Its only in PC2 and AM2.... (so the same core interpreting the data).

Also, using tools like DIView you can see what data is produced - and there is no other data coming except the wheel axis.

So… for whatever reason - fanatec and PC2 Core do not understand each other in my case (Am I the only one? There are more posts on Steam, PC2 Forum and in here) - I have no clue why or what – it could be some stupid config stuff gone bad, but I did not find it till now, could be that fanatic and Ryza might need to chat… I can’t tell without a look in the source code.

if it would be simple, i can only ask you to trust me, i would have gotten it, if not overseen by mistake, I spend hours before I did my first post anywhere.

Could be only the devs can tell… or some driver update will fix it – but is quite sad I cant use my investment – the game and the wheel in combination.

6. MREis

MREis New Member

Here you can see how it "works" in acc...

7. MREis

MREis New Member

And one why its not working in AMS2/PC2 (and just tested in PC1 :-( )

8. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

It has all controls filled up, was this filled by default CSL preset?

BTW, pedals Separate is to be used in case pedals are connected to USB, Combined if they're plugged in wheelbase. Bad wording here. It doesn't refer to combined or split brake/throttle axis.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

in your YT the pedals calibration looks wierd. Like throttle is always on 100 and break/clutch jumps in.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MREis

MREis New Member

In Short - its Solved - Thank God and Thank you all

In longer:

I started doing updates again for the Chipset, GPU, and so on - I used the Ryzen AMD Tool (for CPU/Chipset, instead of Asus stuff). Changed noting at first. I unplugged everything again, checked nothing and so on, the usual last hope stuff.

After I did that again a second time and was fiddling in the USB Controller Setup (Windows) it popped a notice after a Wheel Plug/Unplug/Plug that shortly showed something with "Firmware Manager ..." (Fanatec). And then that I would need to power off and on again the Wheel. I went in game and again nothing, kept switching between calibrate and setup - and there the first change appeared on 2nd try (calibrate, assign, calibrate) It said I would need to assign the correct axis first. I went back to assign and then it took the axis!

So still not 100% Sure - a combination of stuff I guess - Fanatec Update, Windows did some updates and I guess AMD for the Chipset (USB Controller) - something must have gone weird some time the last month and got unstuck now with the updated and plug/unplug action.

I guess it was the Fanatec driver, worked for other games, but maybe whatever the PC2/AMS2 engine is checking did not work out.

So Thanks for sticking with me and helping with your Tipps and expertise - now it’s finally time to spend all those hours in racing again :).

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. MREis

MREis New Member

12. MREis

MREis New Member

That went smoother also after the hick up was solved.

• Funny Funny x 1