1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tarmac Terrorist LIVE! Live Server Streamed On Youtube!

Discussion in 'Fan Sites & Community Events' started by Tarmac Terrorist, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

2. Tarmac Terrorist

I have to say I am majorly impressed with the updates to the oval track A.I. paths and tire physic's for the F-USA cars.

I've been trying for a week and a half to make a video showing how the new A.I. are working at Indianapolis (the reason its taken so long is because I've been having terrible problems with VR loosing tracking and crashing to a blackout screen, only happens when im recording with OBS, otherwise its fine), so obviously I started out with the 1.5.0.5 build which already had oval A.I. improvments, and then swapped to the 1.5.0.7 build as soon as it came out, and its another big step forward!

I used to not bother racing the A.I. F-USA at ovals as they were just plain slow at 120% skill many builds ago, but since 1.5 they have continually improved to the point that now I can get a very competitive race with them at just 100%, this is great! As no matter how much I practice and work on setups, I always want to be able to make the A.I. a little faster than me, so I never run out of decent A.I. competition.

Out of Daytona, Indy, Gateway & Fontana (Have yet to try Jacarepagua) oval tracks, the biggest improvement in terms of lines and speed of the A.I. is Fontana! Even after 1.5.0.5 improvements the A.I. were still slow and took odd lines here, now in 0.7 beta they are great at just 100%!

Thankyou so much for these improvements, I can now have real good A.I. oval racing!

The improvemnt to the way the safty car comes out has also stopped the extreme A.I. slow down (like they go from top speed to pace lap speed far too quickly) and makes this much more realistic, I do hope that now thats in place it will lead to being able to make all the cars remain solid on pace laps (at the moment you can still drive through cars, including safty car during pace lap, i really dont like that).

Also during pace lap the order is now kept, if you go forward a few places it will make you go back to the exact position you need to be, or penalise you, this did'nt used to work so well!

I finally got a race recorded in VR (even though it did blackout halfway through, but I somehow managed not to crash and get it to come back and finish the race), and it was fantastic! Some of the moves the A.I. made were so impressive! I even tried to keep one out of my slipstream and every time i moved, it did aswell, it was like trying to block a human! (not that I'd do that with proper racing rules, just to tyest the A.I.

I've put both my Helmet cam and trackside cams in the video so you can see what the A.I. are doing all around me, and you will probably be able to notice the moves they pull on each other, in practice runs I've seen some amazing A.I. on A.I. battles!

Im not saying they are perfect, but they're bloody impressive! And bare in mind this was on Max Aggression!

Hope this gives a good view of the A.I. at work for anyone interested, and on a side note... Mirrors! Make sure you set them up to your liking for oval racing and try to use the Enhanced Mirror seeting in graphics, as you want as much detail in them as possible, they are paramount for oval racing!

Bravo Reiza, great work!

3. Capt Ahab

Capt Ahab Member

The radar is the best thing to happen in ovals! I have it enlarged and center screen...in a tight pack I am focused primarily on that as it takes the guesswork out of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tarmac Terrorist

Useful in single screen opperation but i'd never wanna use any HUD at all in VR, or if I had tripples, but i've no room for tripples so radar will do when im in single screen for now

5. Tarmac Terrorist

buggy front.jpg buggy rear.jpg This turned up at the jam session I run yesterday and got alot of attention, even one of the musicians got a ride in it!
    As soon as I saw it I immediately thought "man i've gotta have a go in the Kartcross in AMS2 tomorrow!" and just had to get a picture, this thing reminded me of the Kart cross alot, it had a 500ish bhp motorbike engine and even a lockable diff! Got me thinking aswell for some reason (maybe because the road outside the pub reminds me of a hillclimb section), might be good at some poit to get some hill climbe courses in AMS2.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Tarmac Terrorist

A.I. in latest Beta just keeps getting better and better!

7. Tarmac Terrorist

Reiza Fix Longstanding Missing Wheel Madness Engine Bug In Automobilista 2

8. Tarmac Terrorist

9. Tarmac Terrorist

After my last stream i've been testing further and found some interesting stuff happening in this Beta, and mucking about with a lesser known feature that I knew was on one car, but not on another unexpected car. So I'll be discussing all that in this stream tonight if anoyones interested, and will post all findings in a text only post for the devs later on. Going live V shortly! https://www.youtube.com/live/kiZp4UBHHHo?si=HhBfMCvc_FxQmHaa

10. Tarmac Terrorist

AMS2 Lesser Know Advanced Simulated Feature. Do Any Other Sims Actually Have This???

11. Biggybaz

Biggybaz Member

When we seeing you next mate? Guessing music is taking priority for you atm. Thinking i may try and join your next live stream when you do one

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Tarmac Terrorist

Hi mate. Yep, been busy driving around trying to get gigs, but also have had the pleasure of coming down with show stopping flu, which I got over, only to get banging toothache, so thats all put pay to many days when I've gone to bed thinking, right, live stream tomorrow, only to wake up the next day to realise I feel like crap and can't do one. I hate the winter, its cold, its miserable, it gets dark real early, and then the body always starts going wrong, winter can feck right off!

But, good news! I'm feeling ok today (touch wood!), so I will be running a live stream at some point soon today, however due to everything being wrapped up in beta stages in AMS2 and not being able to talk about that publicly, it will not be AMS2 content I'll be streaming, but you can still join in if you have RF2! As I'll be racing on their new Racecontrol system, but you will need to opt into the Release Candidate version to join in.

Theres so much good stuff in the pipeline for all the sims atm, we've got great new features coming to AMS2 and Le Mans to look forward to, RF2 is having the biggest online party in its history with the fantastic new RaceControl system, and now we are even getting the Nordschleife for ACC. What times!

13. Biggybaz

Biggybaz Member

I get it, more than most. I suffer with a severe panic disorder due to ilness (MS). Along with that comes seasonal associated disorder which always hit hard when the clocks change. Tbh this bloody summer weren't worth a wank either really so this year it felt like there weren't much relive.
    so believe me brother i feel your pain.

I’ll be giving the action a miss today as im bloody knackered and cant drive for toffee but i will get stuck in with you one day in the future

thanks for the vids mate and the heads up for the server, keep the good work going and fingers crossed you start to feel a bit better

14. Tarmac Terrorist

15. Tarmac Terrorist

Beta Testing RX A.I. 120% Skill @ Spa RX. Last To First In One Lap

16. Tarmac Terrorist

17. Tarmac Terrorist

18. Michael3

Michael3 Active Member

Well I'm glad you love it but maybe you'd get more viewers if we didn't all get 2 or 3 posts every time you create one? And then you ask us to subscribe so we'd get a message from youtube as well?

People will either watch your videos and streams or not but I'd suggest they are less likely to if you annoy them - and I don't know about other people but I stopped watching your videos because I found the repeated posts annoying.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Tarmac Terrorist

I posted my stream here and in the videos section as it was relevant to both.
    If you have unsubscribed from my YT channel then you will have no notifications from YT when I post a video on YT.
    If you would like to not be notified when I post in this thread you can simply click 'Unwatch Thread' on the begining of this thread.
    If you would like to not have any notifications when I post anything here on the forums you can simply click the ignore button on my profile.
    Hope thats useful, all the best!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
  20. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't seem to have the option to unwatch the thread. Please advise, as I also am a bit tired of the cross posts/self-promotion. Your last video was also posted in beta. This is not your personal forum and cross posting is in truly bad form, it not against forum rules. Please try to control yourself in the future. Thank you for your cooperation.

• Like Like x 1