1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team Name and Driver Name Editor?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by rsr427, Jul 20, 2020.

1. rsr427

rsr427 Member AMS2 Club Member

It just hit me what all these sims need!!

An old school in-game editor! That was all that World Circuit/Grand Prix needed back in 1994. Then you could change Robert Davies to Nigel and all was good. (That's one thing I like about the open wheel stuff in RRRE, they used the fake World Circuit names for the AI) If I could change the names of the teams and drivers there would be so much more interest in this game (as an offline racer). I have the same problem with AC. My favorite series in PC2 was the Pirelli World Challenge b/c it had real drivers to race against. So much more immersive.

Anyone agree? Maybe we can get some traction behind this, or maybe someone could point out how to do it if its easy.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

I agree. An editor like this makes a great difference to offline players.

Plus, a tool to create car skins and helmets. Then there is the heaven on Earth for offline drivers. :cool:

3. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Live for Speed let you name your own AI opponents, spent hours chasing Nigel Mansell, Jim Clarke and Colin McRae around Blackwood. Makes a big difference I'm all for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

NASCAR Racing 2003 has the Opponent Manager. For every car you can change the driver name, number, team name, sponsor, livery and the ratings of the driver, the chassis, and the pit crew and strategy. It would be nice to add the helmet to that after seventeen years.

Yes, it makes a difference to offline players and adds to the experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I am not interested in this myself, but agree it would be a great addition--mainly because the revamped fields could be shared as mods, and mod support of even a meagre kind will be helpful to maintain interest in AMS 2 in the future.