1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telemetry - Fanatec Podium Button Module in AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Ruben Boot, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Ruben Boot

Ruben Boot New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Everyone,

Two weeks ago I bought myself a Fanatec Clubsport steering wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R including the Fanatec Podium Button Module with an OLED telemetry screen. I definitely fell for this wheel, especially for the telemetry screen. Now, the only game I play is AMS2, I don't have to explain myself out here I guess. The problem is that Fanalab (where you can adjust all your wheel and telemetry settings) does not provide a connection with AMS2. It does for AMS1 but I can't get it to work at all.

I really want this telemetry screen to work like in the picture below, but now the only thing I see is the gear I am using. Therefore I have two questions:

1. Will there be a collaboration between Fanalab and AMS2 to make this work?
    2. Is there a way to work around this isue and make it work anyway?

To be complete: I run it on a Fanatec CSW 2.5.

I hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
    Ruben Boot

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Badwheels

Badwheels New Member

In Fanalab, pick one the the grayed out game icons and use that for Automobilista 2.You can assign that to a profile on the wheel even if you have another game on that profile. You just go into Fanalab when you want to play the game, click on the icon you picked and load the profile you created. All of the telemetry stuff will work. I did the same thing with a F1 2018 wheel I use for both Project Cars 2 and Automobilista 2. I just assigned a profile for each on the same selection on the wheel and let Fanalab handle it. Hope this helps

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ruben Boot

Thanks for your response! I followed all your steps.

First I created a profile from a game out of the grey area: project cars 2.

Secondly I saved it and loaded it while I started AMS2.

But nothing happened. It just shows me the gear Im in. Also in AMS1 it doesn’t show me more data (e.g. gear and speed) at the same time like the picture I send in the first message. But at least it changes to a different telemetry input in AMS1.

Does your f1 wheel show gear and speed?

4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You will be happy to know that there is a new beta driver and version of fanalab available now.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ruben Boot

@F1Aussie everything works perfectly fine now! Great stuff. Are you also happy with the update?

@Badwheels thanks again for helping out!

• Like Like x 1
  6. F1Aussie

No worries. Yes excellent update, quite a lot of changes to fanalab too. The new itm telemetry in the wheelbase is neat too, shame I cant see it from my seating position.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ruben Boot

Why can’t you see it?!

8. F1Aussie

Because if my seating position and the fact that my wheel is slightly angled up so the rim covers it

• Like Like x 1
  9. Badwheels

Badwheels New Member

I forgot to add that you have to enable telemetry and lights in the Fanalab profile. Since the new Fanalab is out it has Automobilsta 2 as a choice now. Sorry for not being more specific.

And yes I get more lights than I know what to do with. Dangerous, looking at the wheel instead of the road.