1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Testing Multiplayer Screen Freezes (V1.4.1.3 onwards).

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Matt The Sim Racers Arms, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Matt The Sim Racers Arms

Matt The Sim Racers Arms Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Update on "testing multiplayer screen freezes" no hardware/software changes

Running V1.4.7.2.2285

15/5/23 (Racecraft.online)
    Whilst taking part in 'racecraft.online' servers I founf the following;
    One to three 'real' drivers & the rest AI no stutters/issues.
    Minimum grid or more of 'real' drivers and no AI the usual stutters from around lap 3 (depending on circuit).

This is a real shame as the multiplayer and services like racecraft.online/LFM etc. will stuggle whilst this issue is left unresolved.

#Multiplayer-Freezes

2. EdLeigh92

EdLeigh92 New Member

Just to go off of this...Recently Racecraft turned off the AMS2 ranking system on their servers. Since that point I haven't had a single screen freeze or stutter. Most users I had in a race was 7 + AI in a 25 minute race. But yeah, just done a couple of races today and nothing, no issues. Thrilled about it but...bit of a weird bug if it's the AMS2 ranking system causing it.

3. Matt The Sim Racers Arms

Sorry for the late reply!
    Yes, I messaged RaceCraft.online and told them about the issue. They were great and responded almost immediatly to remove 'Ranking' from there servers.

4. Matt The Sim Racers Arms

VERY small update...
    As of week starting 13/11/2023 screen freezes after 3 laps or so are still happening.
    More testing after the new update comes out.

5. Mattevans

Mattevans New Member

I have been struggling with this for ages. I have attached the Nvidea performance monitor log and highlighted the lines where I had a 2 second freeze. Does this give any clues as to what might be happening? Is there anything else I can run that would help someone work out the cause?
    RTX3070, AMDRyzen 5 3600, 48gb ram, game installed on NVME drive.

Attached Files:

6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Could it be due to something in AMS2?

7. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Like I wrote much earlier this year, my freezes ended when I stopped using my second monitor and those freezes stayed away too for good. (100-200h of AMS2 since then)

At some point, I started to use that monitor again, but this time I made the refresh rate of both monitors to match and be fixed to 120Hz (both would support 240Hz) and the problem didn't come back like this.

So at least in my case, I'm quite convinced it was something related to the monitors back then... maybe I was using mixed refresh rates, other being much higher or the computer /gpu just couldn't handle those properly.

8. Red

Red New Member

Hi.

I had the same problem and I kind of still do.

I think the problem lies in a secondary hard drive going in idle mode mid race therefore causing the 3-4 second freeze blabla but I haven't messed around with any power saving options because too much uncertainty/work and;

Because I found a workaround that works 100% of the time for me.
    This is gonna sound ridiculous but it just works. Don't ask me why, but here goes:

Got only your wheel connected and no other gaming devices through USB, yes? Here comes the magic:

I plug in my xbox controller into the USB as well. AMS2 shows the controller icon top right and thinks Im playing on a controller but I don't use it. Just play on the wheel.

Voila. no more 3-4 second screen freezes in ranked online mode. Tested this over several races.

I hope this helps.

-Red

9. Red

Red New Member

scratch that last post, same old sh*t acting up again. worked for a while tho...

im ditching the game again unfortunately

10. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

I get the freezes but only in ranked MP and on two different PCs. I am guessing it is due to some comms between the game and Steam cloud, perhaps to do with saving the rankings or suchlike.

11. Matt The Sim Racers Arms

The 3-5 second freezes (as detailed on my very first post at the start of this thread) ONLY happen in RANKED races for me so I still conclude that it is a sync/server side issue.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Yes, to be honest Reiza should just eliminate the ranked option and that would solve most issues. If it can be fixed and brought back later, great, but it´s no loss at the moment.

13. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

I noticed today that the freezes happened after exactly 5 and 10 minutes in a race then no more till the end. Also got one in non ranked for the first time.

14. eKlasik

eKlasik New Member

I seem to have developed this problem recently when using Racecraft Online. In 3 Ranked RCO 12 minute GT4 races I've had several large freezes. Only ever in the race, with no issues during Qualifying or in their practice server.

I then took part in a 45 minute Le Mans race in a random online lobby and had no issues. Really frustrating as it seems to have developed recently, and have taken part in RCO races before with no issues.

UPDATE Jan 21st 2024: I had the issue in a Non Ranked race yesterday. After deleting my replays and disabling Shadowplay instant replay, I had no issues. I need to test just Shadowplay on its own as I have had successful races while having saved replays before...unless some replays can become corrupted in some way?

UPDATE Feb 9th 2024: I have narrowed this down to the Replay issue. Occasionally when viewing a replay it will duplicate itself, when this happens the freezing occurs. It isn't all replays like others have suggested in the past, only when they duplicate. Delete the duplicated replay and it's smoothing sailing again.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2024