1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The dedicated Accuforce FFB Thread

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Wayne Whitmore, Apr 16, 2020.

1. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I haven't tried these settings yet, but they are pretty similar to mine mostly. My question is do they eliminate the horrible grinding on the wheel that has appeared just recently, like someone is holding a drill against the steering column and it is not engine noise? I ask as you have a much higher level of in game damping.

2. Katch922

Katch922 Member

Didn't have much time to dial in last night, thought last night my gain was too low. This is my new settings. Damping in game you mean? From what I read, damping in game for DD wheels should be about 50 to100. Close to 0 is for low torque wheels, like non DD wheels. This one honestly is so hard to dial in. I keep playing around, atm I am happy with 55.

As far as grinding goes, depends on the car in AMS2. With certain cars I get a lot of grainy feeling. I believe it's Sim related not the wheel, but yes for some cars I have to increase the in game force feedback smoothing to about 30% while my default setting atm is at 16.08. I used to get this a lot in ACC too, but after their update where they increased freq to 400Hz I haven't had any issue at all with ACC. I am not sure what else ACC have changed, but I def noticed the new 400Hz in their game settings. And in ACC I run GFF smoothing very low at about 3.14%.

Just tried ACC in a long time, GFFS 10.59%. 3.14 was def not smooth!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. neal

well I think I've pretty much eliminated all the grinding now. I increased Game Force Feedback Smoothing, on the Effects Tab to 60%, still feels good so I don't notice any loss of FFB detail.

4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

With the AccuForce, 60% isn't really that much as the overall scale-range goes quite high.

5. neal

yes I know but I only wanted to use enough to get rid of that horrid grinding sensation and that was the amount I found to be effective.

6. Dean Ogurek

That's fine, I don't disagree.

When I used an AccuForce, AC produced very grainy ffb effects to the point that I used up to 150% smoothing, even more in Dirt Rally. Keep in mind though, I also like to have more road details than most people, so extra smoothing was needed to eliminate the grainy feeling.

I suspect that the high scale nature of smoothing in Sim Commander is one reason why the AccuForce sometimes get the criticism it does (Compared to other DD's), some users simply don't utilize enough smoothing to clean up the signal, especially in some titles.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. neal

tbh I've never found a problem like that until the latest AMS2 update. As I'm not a tinkerer I found a generic set of values which I adopted from when I first got the Accuforce and stayed with it ever since and remained totally happy with it. Maybe at some point SimXperience sorted the firmware and got rid of the graininess you mentioned.

8. Dean Ogurek

Maybe but, I still find those titles produce grainy ffb, even with my current wheel. ACC has it as well. We do have a filter to handle that but, it has much less variability in the scale.

I remain a fan of Sim-Commander. I wish we had something similar in the SimuCube environment.

9. Katch922

Katch922 Member

I find overall, new cars can get away with less smoothing, but some of the older ones need about 30% smoothing.

I intent to finish this list after the holidays, minus the formula cars since I don't really enjoy driving them.

One setting I recently changed that makes a big difference is tiny bit of friction in SC settngs. For ams2 I use 1.18%

Steam Community :: Guide :: AccuForce Pro v2 FFB Settings (Updated 17 Nov 22)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steve Isaacs

Steve Isaacs New Member

Has anyone noticed the forces when putting a wheel on a curb are backward? The force should pull the wheel toward the curb but for me the force pulls the wheel toward the track. Is there a way to reverse this?

11. Dean Ogurek

I have noticed that tendency and it does feel counter to reality. When one tire has to climb a raised curb, it affects the self-aligning torque by increasing angle and pressure on that tire.

There may be a parameter in the custom ffb files for that but, not 100% sure. I know there are some curb-specific lines present. It could be called something like "Curb Pull" effect.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  12. Steve Isaacs

Steve Isaacs New Member

It's hard to be sure. In the AMS2 custom FFB I've set the GAIN, LOW FORCE BOOST, and FX all to 100 to make it easier to feel the difference. But it's still hard to be certain. It is possible other values for road surface also need to be inverted. If you try this let me know if it makes sense or I'm imagining an improvement.

This is feeling more correct. In rFuktor 5.0.1.3 change this line:
    (curb_started (if curb_started curb_started (if FL_bump_kerb -1 (if FR_bump_kerb 1 0))))
    to:l
    (curb_started (if curb_started curb_started (if FL_bump_kerb 1 (if FR_bump_kerb -1 0))))

Basically reverse left and right curbs.

This is an obscure syntax so I have no idea what this really means.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  13. Dean Ogurek

I don't fully understand the line syntax myself. Better to ask in the Custom FFB thread for confirmation / more info.

14. Steve Isaacs

Steve Isaacs New Member

Being relatively new here I didn't notice the Custom FFB thread -- duh. Thanks, I'll see what I can learn there.

15. Steve Isaacs

Steve Isaacs New Member

I wasn't feeling loss of traction in the front very well so I increased the slide_factor from 0.9 to 1.5 which feels much more real to me.

(slide_factor 1.5)

16. Dean Ogurek

Can you describe the difference in feeling? Is it changing steering resistance?

17. neal

hey man, I think you've hijacked this thread enough. Please take it to the appropriate forum or start a new discussion. This was made as a DEDICATED thread for us Accuforce owners, please be respectful

18. Dean Ogurek

Sorry, just because I use a SimuCube2? I am also an AccuForce user on occasion.
    No worries though, I'll keep my distance.:rolleyes:

19. Steve Isaacs

Steve Isaacs New Member

I tried the D70 from the Custom FFB thread and found it to be way too noisy masking important stuff so I went back to the 5.0.1.3 rFuctor file. IMHO for my Accuforce wheel this is still wrong to me so I modded to my taste.

I increased the slide_factor which in my weak mind at least translates to feeling the wheel get light when braking too hard for the front wheels or using too much steering input. This also translates to a feel in the wheel when the rear wheels start to slide.

The curbs are backward to me so I reversed the left vs right curb_started when contacting the curb. Check this by driving really slow and then put a wheel on a curb. Check both left and right sides. I don't know if other effects also need to be reversed.

I then discovered the flat spotting. I set flatspots_scale to 0.75 so I can tell when I'm hurting tires under braking. I tried 1.0 but that was too much in my opinion. And here I was thinking only rFactor 2 models flat spotting. Pleasant surprise for me.

Finally, in game I set the FFB to 100% and the FX to 75% and then use SC4 to fine tune to taste. Mostly I used the game FFB smoothing to bring back a more rubbery feel.

Here's the file. I commented the original lines for comparison.

Feel free to correct me if I got something wrong.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Should be sufficient to say that little improvement has ever been able to be felt with using custom files over what simXperience has already provided within its available channels of tuning.
    That is why you will not see discussions involving custom files in this thread.
    Custom file discussions have their own pages for discussion.

• Agree Agree x 1