1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. skylineforever

skylineforever Member

in the future ? :
    - safety car procedure (full course yellow)
    - new interface for when win a race, podium, dnf...
    - new musics for menu

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow!! :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  3. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

I respect your opinion, but here I'm going to disagree. The menu music is very good to me. Fine taste. By the way, somehow it reminds me the menu music of Geoff Crammond's GP4.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Based on Game Build: 1.0.2.5
    Request Title: Ability to change race sessions in hosted Peer to Peer multiplayer
    Description: Currently in the game, it is not possible to change the race session parameters once you have created a peer to peer multiplayer lobby. Eg: Number of laps for a race can't be changed between races. If the host wants to change a race session setting, they have to exit the multiplayer lobby, host a new one and invite all their friends into the newly hostly lobby. Please add the option to change the race session parameters, so the host can change the race session parameters between hosted multiplayer races. This is a feature that currently exists in PCars2 and is very handy.
    Benefits: Ability to change the race session parameters between races without having to close the multiplayer session and creating a new one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Since there's so much 1990's content real engine blow ups are needed.
    Such blow ups aren't seen anymore in modern F1, sadly.
    Generally, defects aren't really integrated and are missing.
    Benefit: more realism

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. DaWorstPlaya

Request Title: Either a color palette selector or more basic base colors for cars in game
    Description: Currently in the game, there are a limited number of liveries to choose from. Would it be possible to just have the option to paint the all cars with a limited color palette (eg: green, red, blue, yellow, black, white, silver, etc) that can be applied to them and used/shared with others during a race? Or just have more liveries for every car with no decals and just a base color that people can select before a race (eg: green, red, blue, yellow, black, white, silver, etc). Doing just multiple base colors with no liveries might be easier and simple to implement.
    Benefits: Everyone in a race can have a unqiue livery or color of car and nobody has to repeat a livery.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Edit: deleted. Wrong thread. Sorry.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  8. Richard Harris

Richard Harris Scrench

Please add the greatest go-cart track in the world, from AMS 1, Buskerud Kartkurs 1 & 2. Everything else may as well be a Wal-Mart parking lot with cones

Add F1 V8 car from around 2010, the pinnacle of that engine.

Add Mucello track.

Thank You!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Frode Hansen

Frode Hansen New Member

Wishes for future updates:

1: Menu when in garage: Same button for going back. If you go to "Edit setup", you have the big "back" button top left. If you go to "advanced setup", the "back" button has now changed to "Exit". Instead there's a "done" button underneath.

2: A way to identify AI's on servers before you join. I, and many others, HATE servers with AI's, and I want to race real people.

3: A fix for losing contact with my steering wheel altogether from time to time. (Thrustmaster Ferrari 458)

4: Adding the brilliant Potrero de los Funes track.

10. bmanic

bmanic New Member

Sort of unrelated to the actual game.. but..

FR: Full documentation of all the available custom FFB parameters/variables and ranges/units

11. DaWorstPlaya

Request Title: Gray out tuning options not available in certain cars
    Description: Currently in the game, if you go into the advanced tuning menu. There is no way to tell which parts of the car are tunable and which parts aren't. You just have to blindly click on each tuning parameter and see which change and which don't. Some change and some don't and it's very hard to keep track. It would be very helpful if the game grayed out parameters that can't be changed.
    Benefits: When jumping into the tuning menu, the user would easily know which tuning parameters they can change and which they can't just by looking at the screen.

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This has probably been mentioned earlier in the thread but it would be great to know which drivers are AI in a multiplayer session. A symbol or coloured dot as part of their name seems simple to do and would be obvious on timing screens and on track.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To achieve FFB happiness for everyone's personal definition of "ultimate FFB" for their own wheel type, modify the UI from 1 slider to have multiple sliders to provide the equivalent FFB adjustability offered by an .ini file.

Have sliders for...
    • Rack force
    • Curbs
    • Road Surface Details
    • Engine Vibration Details
    • etc...

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. TheDoctor

TheDoctor New Member

Based on Game Build: 1.0.2.7
    Request Title: Rival's Ghost
    Description: Add a button with a preselected 1 second faster ghost.
    Benefits: For someone who wants to improve their times, it is good practice to target someone who is neither too close nor too far away, and 1 second seems to work fine, at least that's what I do. But right now there is no shortcut to find that rival, you have to scroll through several pages to find it, and with time, the number of pages will inevitably be greater.
    20200830202548_1.jpg 20200830202606_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's actually not such good practise. There are three things you work on when learning a circuit; line first, then corner exit speed and finally braking and entering the corner.

If the car you're following, or using as a target, is not at the World Record then they may not have the right line. You're actually better off practising, qualifying and racing against a small field of AI opponents. The fastest drivers shouldn't be so fast that you can't see their line for the whole lap unless you're too slow. Practise and qualify against the AI at 100%, 110% and 120% until you can beat their times at 100%. There are only a few WRs that are faster than the AI at 120% and all you need to see is the difference in their lines.

If the laps are faster than your best you won't get better by trying to beat them, you get better by matching their line and trying to be smoother with the wheel, the brake and the throttle. Trying to drive faster than you can makes you sloppy. Try to be smoother.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. benvelor

benvelor Member

Based on Game Build: 1.0.2.7
    Request Title: Track condition options
    Description: Possibility to choose wind speed and track conditions (green, fast, dirt, etc.) both in test and race and option to add IA in test, like AMS

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. TheDoctor

TheDoctor New Member

I must agree with everything you said, or was it Skip Barber in Going Faster ?, just kidding. You are talking about the theory, and that's the base, I'm going for the fun factor, aiming at the competitiveness among drivers so typical of this genre. It's rewarding to defeat someone faster

:)

18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like to see a mapping for neutral implemented, for example when I come in to pit I can put it in neutral to roll to a stop at my box or if involved in an incident on track can hit neutral to stop a stall, etc etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Xblurone

Xblurone Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like to see more functions of NVIDIA RTX being exploited. Like DLSS, VRSS for sharper distance viewing in VR. Also for VR I would like to have a slider function with live view of sharpening and fov.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I was thinking.. Since I am also doing flight simming since a few weeks.. It might be fun to use the mouse to toggle on the engine, ignition and all that. For more simulation :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1