The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Mike Shelton

Mike Shelton New Member

The ability to change AI strength in multiplayer lobby would be nice.

• Like Like x 2
  2. race_miata

race_miata New Member

Exactly. Problem with Multiplay session is that host may finish session quick and it's very very easy to miss the potentially short time window where the "Save Replay" button is available. "Autosave Replay" will solve the problem. I like the idea that only the last few races (or multiplayer races) will be kept. I have more autosave algorithms in mind but this will be the easiest to implement so hopefully the devs really look into it, please!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cornflex

Cornflex New Member

Random weather and random number of weather slots please!

It would be nice if not only the weather slots could be chosen randomly, but also their number. Of course, this has to depend on the chosen race length. It makes little sense to have four weather slots if the race only lasts 20 minutes.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Fbicio

Fbicio New Member

i think would be great insert some cars from 1976 Formula one season. the legendary season of Hunt vs Lauda. (a packet with M23 of Hunt,Ferrari 312T of Lauda and Carlos Pace Brabham Bt45 would be great). other important season that miss in my opinion : 1998 season; first year with new rules ; cars totally changed from 1997. with Newey Mclaren Mp4/13 as favourite , adding maybe Ferrari and Rubinho Stewart ford! :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Djangopass

Djangopass Formula Vintage cars

And 1982 season: the Apex of the ground effect!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

And F1 cars from the 50s to get some vintage stuff

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. benvelor

benvelor Member

This!
    I loved the weather prediction in GP4

• Like Like x 3
  8. benvelor

benvelor Member

a BOP system: I would like to feel the difference driving a Williams in 1992 or a Andrea Moda...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. pr07

pr07 Member

That would also be useful to balance the classes that are awfully unbalanced, like the Copa Classics for example.

• Like Like x 1
  10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

A "Formula LowTech", without TC and active suspension like in 1994 would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

Don't we have the F1-V12 for that? Mimicking the 95 season?

12. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

The older F1 cars that are already in the game seem pretty low tech to me. :)

13. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

94 had V8, V10 and V12, extremely lowered chassis (with the wooden floor plate after Monaco because of all those acccidents) and all aids were banned.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

When creating an RX championship, the joker lap does not apply. On the other hand, during a single race, with the Rally Cross preset, the joker lap applies correctly. It would be necessary to be able to apply the RX preset when creating the RX championship. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  15. madeinbrazil140

madeinbrazil140 New Member

Please create a tool that we can edit the points system!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. kmikiwi

kmikiwi Member

An option to setting the Qualy to a limit of laps... So, session can have a duration of 30,40,50 minutes for example, but in that interval you only can do 6,8,10,11 laps (free to setup the number of laps) and you get checkered flag, or the left time of the session laps will not count after you make your 6 laps for example. You could make that in rfactor and ams1.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. NedimMehmedovic

NedimMehmedovic New Member

I really wished there was a feature that prevents one or two leading AIs to sprint away from the rest when you are behind them. I hope I am not alone on this one

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

If Madness Engine suports shadows details to be changed when racing, will be nice a setting to lower it from like ultra to low when start rain. A lot of tweaks can be made for performance If some effects can be changed when racing with tons of performance in some conditions with minor visual losses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. mcdtin

mcdtin New Member

Would love to have the option to turn the driving line on just for practice sessions (or practice + quali). I like trying new car/track combos often which means learning new braking points. But I don't use the line for the race sessions. I'm guessing there's quite a few people who do that. This would save the need to go back to the options menu and turn the driving line on and off for every session.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Shanakar

Shanakar New Member

These may have been mentioned so forgive me if they have already but as per my Steam review, I thought I'd join up on the forums and post here too. I'm relatively new to AMS2 so I'm not as well versed on the roadmap so hopefully the below won't be an annoyance to read again by some of you. I am heavily enjoying the game but I like all of you have my suggestions for what I would like to see in the game or even updated.

1. Biggest thing is the ability to have more than the allotted teams for any specific category. Right now cars I've been told follow an ID system so if there is only 12 liveries, that's it, you can't add another team. Hopefully that changes to become more rFactor like where you could add as many as you like.

2. Custom Championship Points System: The ability to make my own points system when creating a custom championship would be great. To add points for the amount of positions I desire, to determine if there will be differing points between race 1 and race 2, points for pole, points for fastest lap and even maybe a race percentage option if the race has been red flagged and stopped prior to hitting that percentage, you get awarded half points as an option to turn on/off

3. Career Mode: The ability to create a championship career. Heck, I'd love to work with you guys on something like this. How would this work?

Similarly to creating your own championship, it would be a career creator allowing you to select;

1: How many tiers will exist in your career and then select the categories from lowest to highest
    2: The championship rounds and tracks can be used in each tier. The likelihood of season to season chances existing.
    3: Driver Changes Between Seasons Yes/No
    4: Team Changes Between Seasons Yes/No
    5: XML file with full driver pull for all tiers editable by player
    6: XML file with full team pull for all tiers editable by player

XML file for drivers and teams like the current team/driver list in a season XML file can include additional settings for each AI driver such as

Driver Loyalty: Controlling how likely the driver will switch teams throughout their career
    Driver Series Switch: Controlling how likely the driver will switch series tiers throughout their career
    Driver Series Loyalty: Controlling which series the driver will aspire to advance to and stay in for the majority/entirety of their career

Team Series: Controlling which series you want to allow this team to compete in. Multiple series can be chosen separated by a comma or an additional team series line.
    Team Driver Loyalty: How quickly the team will replace the driver from one season to another if they are not performing to their desires.
    Driver 1 Expectation: What position the team would expect their number 1 driver to finish in the championship. Finishing below this could put the team loyalty lower in which case after a couple seasons, the driver could be replaced.
    Driver 2 Expectation: What position the team would expect their number 2 driver to finish in the championship. Like above, failing to do so can be more detrimental to driver 2 than driver 1.

7: Spectate AI Race: One of the things I love to do and want to do more on my Twitch and Youtube channel is to be able to have AI races and watch them in TV Style mode. Currently, you have to select a car, go to the race, then go back to the pits and then to the Monitor. It would be good to have a Spectate Race mode where you can select the series, track of choice and go straight to the first session in monitor mode.

8: New Monitor Mode options. Ability to assign keys to positions so if you want to switch camera to a specific car, you can do so by pressing that key. Of course those combinations assigned would only work during Monitor mode. It would allow for a more TV Style Director capable monitor view. Heck, would even be nice if there was a separate director mode screen that could be used on a second or third monitor and the game wouldn't minimize or pause when you go to it.

It would allow content creators like myself to do a lot more and have a lot more fun showcasing this game to our communities and newcomers well into the future.

For now, I'll leave it there. Really enjoying the game though!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1