1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would also love it if the screen got covered when racing on the dirt tracks when wet.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Yerffej

Yerffej Active Member

Would like to be able to adjust the camera for the Car bonnet and bumper cam, finding myself enjoying the game more using the bonnet cam, but on some cars the bonnet isnt visible.
    Just amazed at the detail of the game when running in that view...
    Thanks

3. Magic

Magic 24/7 Racer

Some optical post race things, like Fans climbing on fences or stands nearby the track, waving marshalls, fireworks, smoke, little ceremonial etc.

The Replay-Save-Bug to solve

Sparks in the replays would be nice., also high-beaming (flashing).

There is more than a decade between the F1-V10-G2 (2000) and the Formula Reiza (2012). So i think we need atleast one new model for the time between.:whistle:

2004 - Michaels 7th Championship
    2005 - Fernandos 1st Championship
    2007 - Kimis Championship
    2008 - Hamiltons 1st Championship
    One of these years would be nice, better all of them !!! Please :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Mad Day Man

Mad Day Man Member AMS2 Club Member

What i forgot to ask for :whistle::
    Backmirrors with visible car parts. Would be very helpful for cars, where the rear wheels are wider than the front, so you can clearly see before you come on the grass, while going far on the outside line to attack a corner. Maybe as an option to choose, if you do not want it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

A hundred times yes. But it appears every game that implements real time mirrors always suffers massive performance losses (see BeamNG).

Given that's it's always either classic mirrors or real-time mirrors, I wonder if there really isn't a "hacky" way to do a middle ground between them.

Maybe devs just can't be bothered.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MediocreAtBest

MediocreAtBest New Member

For me I wish:

1) For static info text which is a pain in the bum trying to read without triggering another one in VR (IE click on an "i" icon and it stays put)

2) Support Asetek Prima/Forte wheels properly without the need for 3rd part apps

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Daniel Boobier

Daniel Boobier New Member

I would like to see driver swaps for human drivers. A cooperative endurance race with long stints before swapping out to your mate would be awesome.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Natán

Natán New Member

Hi everyone. I don't know if this is the right place for my question.
    Some one know if would it be possible for the game to send telemetry during replays, so that my motion platform is active and I can take a lap around the circuit from the perspective of a co-driver?

Thank you, everyone.

9. Peter McMullan

Peter McMullan New Member

Would it be possible to get a weather radar for when rain is set to middle of race so as to time the tyre change before the spots of rain appear on windscreen?

Also completely off the wall comment, how much extra would it be to make a few rally stages having all the dirt and such physics rather than just rallycross? Ano prob like a million reasons why not just curious as AMS2 starting to become the big hitter in sim driving

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Fiyah

Fiyah Member

I know that since P.Cars days, but no weather selection as in test day.

11. Kirti Rana

Kirti Rana New Member

please have a RANDOM option in weather to have only DRY variety weather. thanks

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Toni

Toni New Member

A cinematic celebrating on the podium would be great.

It would also add more atmosphere if there were mechanics from all the teams in the pits.

Although I don't know if the latter would raise the CPU too much and consequently slow down the game.
    Maybe I would remove the characters from the roof, at least the majority

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Michael Scott

Michael Scott Member

An option to hide cars that have retired. I recently had a race at monza 10k with group 5. After two hours there were only 8 runners left out of the max possible. Frame rate got a bit choppy every time I drove past the pits due to all the cars parked there...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd like to be able to start from the back of the whole grid when I select it, not at the back of the group of cars I'm in.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. pipimax007

pipimax007 Member

Very important Request:
    Please Reiza, PLEASE: do something about the shoowroom! >Boring as hell lighting, almost no reflections in car (everyone is mate there), and on top of that is so convoluted that it's hard to move the camera around....

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Considering that the current layout of Monte Carlo (Azure) is a generic track in AMS2, could we please get a few historic versions? At the very least, Ayrton Senna himself has given us six compelling reasons to include the layout from 86-96.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Full Pace

Full Pace Full Pace Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Can we please have ignition status in telemetry data?

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It is there.
    I believe it's the second bit in CarFlags

19. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

I've noticed that the automatic gearbox in some of the F1 cars (Hi-tech and V-10 Gen 2) doesn't operate like in real life, and instead simply uses the game's built in automatic transmission assist. For example when you enable automatic upshifts, the game will prevent you from doing a manual start during a race, it's impossible to jump the start as the game automatically applies the clutch and brakes until the lights go out, which makes no sense. This is exactly the same as when you choose automatic under the assists in the menu. I also noticed that if you have automatic gearing turned on in the assists, the car's settings override this, and in the case of the Formula V-10 Gen 2, which only has automatic upshifts and not automatic downshifts, it's actually impossible to have the game downshift for you, even if you have full assists on. Personally I drive manual, as I'm sure most players do, but it thought it was worth mentioning as it's not ideal.

Down the line I would really like to see the automatic gearboxes in the F1 cars behave realistically, and separate from the automatic transmission assist. Or alternatively, split the automatic gearbox assist in two; automatic shifting, and start assist, allowing players to use the auto upshifts while still being able to control the brakes and clutch on the grid.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Full Pace

Full Pace Full Pace Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I think it's Engine Status, not Ignition...

enum CarFlags
    {
    CAR_HEADLIGHT = (1<<0),
    CAR_ENGINE_ACTIVE = (1<<1),
    CAR_ENGINE_WARNING = (1<<2),
    CAR_SPEED_LIMITER = (1<<3),
    CAR_ABS = (1<<4),
    CAR_HANDBRAKE = (1<<5),
    CAR_TCS = (1<<6),
    CAR_SCS = (1<<7),
    };