1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Opps my mistake. I knew I had it working on my Simhub dash, but I'm using a Simhub computed value.

2. Full Pace

Full Pace Full Pace Simracing AMS2 Club Member

The Simhub computed value works with the engine property = if engine is on ignition must be on too... it's not the way we could work with the status

3. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

Yes!! I dont want to have same dry weather all the time but I also dont want random rainstorm.

Random dry would be so freaking good.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

This would be such a great feature, every time I've set up events with random weather, I end up with a session in borderline monsoon conditions and it really sucks all the fun out of it. I've gotten into the habit of manually setting up progressing dry weather throughout weekends, it's fun for example to have the sun come out towards the end of an otherwise cloudy qualifying session, raising the track temperature, or have clouds roll in over a longer race. But it's also a pain to set up for a custom championship, and obviously takes all the guesswork out of it, like I obviously know exactly what the weather is going to do and can plan accordingly. Random dry weather would be a great addition. Maybe the player could choose a general forecast for a race weekend and the game could randomise within that parameter? Like for example you could do a race weekend and choose overcast, heavy clouds, medium clouds, and light rain, and then the game shuffles those throughout the weekend.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jotaeme

Jotaeme If you want a custom livery / design, send a DM.

I'd love to see this kind of things for making liveries:
    - Some kind of pearlescent (with any kind of base material) for custom liveries, as well as glow maps, for doing all kind of stuff like leds for example.
    - Have bigger templates, for painting the diffusers and everything that is carbon fiber.
    - Being able to paint all glasses, for stickers, headlights covers, etc.
    - And I know this might be more delusional, but being able to change the tyre manufacter / edit it and change the rims colors, but I think that involves licenses.

And please, make the BMW M4 GT3 matte material work :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

I race in VR and the colours are a little too strong/cartoonish in AMS2.
    It would be great to have a colour saturation slider so we can turn down the saturation/vibrance.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Scottsparkrider

Scottsparkrider Member

An AI engineer that recommends set ups for different cars at each track.

• Like Like x 3
  8. mikesch250

mikesch250 Member

Because I like to make liveries for cars, i would like to have some more options in the car showroom. I know it´s not priority number one, but this is a feature request thread, right? :)

- change the setting of the showroom scene (add a blank white or black room)
    - change time of day (to check the glowing numbers/leds)
    - small preset of camera views (sideview, front, back, top) so every mod/livery maker has the same sideview for the preview images
    - a "refresh livery" button to update the body texture

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

10. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have one request to make: being able to choose my race start position with "Player grid position" (in "Oponent settings") when there is a qually session enabled and it is simulated. It would only be effective when a qually session is fully simulated ("Skip to end" menu choice without ever going on track).
    The reason is that I want to do a quick race without doing the qually but with a grid of AI cars sorted by AI performance (which is much better than random to avoid slower AIs blocking faster AIs). For this, you need a qually session and to simulate it (otherwise, without qually session, grid order is random). But without having the ability to configure your position with a simulated qually session, you always start last.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Scottsparkrider

Scottsparkrider Member

Sorry in advance if has been asked for previously. Animations of marshalls waving blue/yellow/chequered flags around the track. Has there been an announcement on whether they will be added at any point?

12. MH-S81

MH-S81 New Member

*Proper livery editor
    *Ability to edit driver glove colour
    *More weather slots or even a timeline
    *Random dry weather
    *Emptier tracks during testing & more life in the pit lanes during races
    *More tracks with seasonal changes
    *Ability to flash lights mapped to separate button
    *Button modifiers

Last edited: Jun 12, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Carson

Carson New Member

Is it possible to make additional key mapping as OK button and directional keys to navigate in menus with VR? Ive had csl elite wheel and it was premapped that a was able to navigate with wheel buttons with OK, BACK, 4directional JOY. I changed wheel for simagic alpha and its gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Scottsparkrider

Scottsparkrider Member

Free hypercar drop before this weekend's Le Mans 24 :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. SunBro

SunBro Active Member

I don't know if this counts as a feature request but can ***someone from the studio*** say if they're planning on adding the rakes above canopy and the additional headlights to the caddy? Rakes were always there and the additional headlights debut back in le mans 2023. The current car looks odd without these. Especially rakes.

16. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Can you show what you mean since I’m interested in knowing what you mean?

17. SunBro

SunBro Active Member

31-action-express-racing-cadillacc.png

31-action-express-racing-cadillac.png

headlights i understand "they weren't there on the cad data we were given bla bla"

but the rakes were there even on the test car

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. ulotrix

ulotrix Member

VR
    Implementation of "hidden area mesh" would be amazing as "hiddenMeshVerticalScale" can be set limit the vertical fov to get more headroom as it can be done with OTT in Quest headsets.

20. RobLoyst

RobLoyst New Member

An option to have 32 bit z plane buffer if there is only 16 right now.

Option to turn reflections off completely because the reflections are pure flicker

Make grills and taillight meshing an image and not 3D so reflections won’t affect them with shimmer.

Fake shadows under cars so if you have shadows off because they are blocky or whatever, you can still have shadow under the car. But just static or fake. Wouldn’t look like a hover car

OR shadow setting for cars only.

Just generally do something about shimmer and flicker, even if it’s a workaround somehow.

Basic contrast, color temp, sharpening, highlights and shadows control.

That’s literally it on my end. SIM is awesome, just some graphic stuff that is annoying and ruins immersion.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1