1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I mistakenly assumed that the new AMS2 Website would also contain the Virtual Xperience Portal,
    Now that does not appear to be the case, I would like to see that as an addition.
    For me, that was an beautiful feature of AMS1

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This makes sense given how many different buttons and switches are in many of the cars. Even people with extreme controller set-ups would run out of options, let alone most people with standard wheels/shifters/game pads.

• Like Like x 1
  3. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Right, a little bit 'mouse control' inside the cockpit, like in X-Plane 11 (or MS FS2020, I don't know, thought about buying FS2020 but it's too graphical and took X-Plane 11 instead, it's not so graphic but a really good SIM) would be a nice thing. But it must be differentiated which functions are needed to control from a controler and which are OK to control with mouse. I think, switching ON/OFF lights or others which should be controllable while driving musn't be controled just by mouse.

• Like Like x 1
  4. benvelor

benvelor Member

like AMS, i would like to see all session time, if I click with mouse right button
    mine and IA's, it's useful to compare lap times

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Pacchia

Pacchia Member

Grid girls? Lol

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

how could you even think about objectifying woman..

shame on you!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. parisx

parisx New Member

Hi, I'm new to this forum. First of all I want to thank Reiza for the amazing work they've done trough these years.

I think this is the right threat to 'make a wish', so. I would like to know if it is possible to make a variant layout of the Cascais (Estoril) circuit without the chicane.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 3
  8. benvelor

benvelor Member

edit teams and drivers name for each class, and power and reliability as well :whistle:, so we can do more immersive races

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marc Collins

You will soon be happy...

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there something comming up?
    I hope something 'old style'...prior 1999

11. parisx

parisx New Member

Well, if it's not too much to ask, 80's layout would be even better :D

Thanks for the answer, Marc.

12. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Lock horizon in a simple and robust way.

as much as I love silverstone historic oh boy no chance to drive an open wheeler there honestly

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. benvelor

benvelor Member

Monza track (even with fake name, like Brianza) :rolleyes:
    more minor open wheel series, like Gp2 and Gp3
    update F3 with modern chassis
    I believe in AMS2 and Reiza, the current release remember me assetto corsa in early ones, I think it can become the greatest sim, but we have to wait patiently ;)
    they are my wishes, more of a request

• Like Like x 1
  14. chabalian

chabalian New Member

Hello, it really is the most important option that the game lacks. As it is, you can't drive the Bathurst circuit without throwing up in the corners. All the simulations I have been playing for about fifteen years now have a function of blocking the horizon. In fact, in real life, the human eye adapts and eliminates any jerks generated by suspensions. It would be normal if this game could interpret these movements in the same way. In any case, it is an option which should be systematic and the fact that AMS2 does not have it, makes this game unplayable.
    cheers.
    Take care of yourself

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Marc Collins

Agree the options here are problematic and not easily interpreted. But, there is a total lock to horizon already in the game: WORLD MOVEMENT = 0

I use WORLD MOVEMENT = 15 and G-FORCE EFFECT = 15 because I like a small amount of movement from each, but are you still having issues when you move WM to zero?

16. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Well, if Reiza implement in the game 80% of the suggestions of this thread, I have no doubt AMS2 will be the best racing game ever made in the history of Universe.

17. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo New Member

I do not know if it has already been commented but having the argentine Turismo Carretera would be fantastic ... If not officially if with another name. Some argentinian tracks would also be very welcome.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. chabalian

chabalian New Member

First of all, I think it's important to clarify which view it is. In fact, for more immersion in the game and more realism, I use the views: "COCKPIT CAMERA" or "HELMET CAMERA". The FOV is set to 90. All camera movement settings are at zero. In fact, in real life, our eyes don't move, neither up and down, nor left to right. Take the test in your car. Why is the sight moving so much in this game? Here are my settings

cameras-AMS2.jpg

19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Check some videos and reports from RL Race-car drivers and you will find examples where they may suffer vision problems related to rough tracks, sometimes lasting for days or even weeks after a race on a rough track. Sebring is one such example where drivers may experience various problems due to surface-bumps combined with stiff suspensions.

In our region, where we have extreme temperature swings, the roads are very rough, (especially when riding in heavy-duty trucks or SUV's), our vision is certainly impacted by severe bumps at times. There is only so much our eyes, bodies, and brains can do to compensate.

I'm not suggesting it's a constant issue with all tracks and cars by any means but, bumps certainly are a factor in some cases.

Still, I agree that some further head-motion smoothing is needed, especially evident when in VR. Some cars / tracks in AMS2 are problematic for me and I'm not particularly prone to motion sickness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. chabalian

chabalian New Member

Totally agree with you.
    However, horizon blocking, "lock to horizon", like on other well-known simulations, can be an optional option, without hindering users who don't want to benefit from it. It is a pity that this possibility does not exist in Automobilista2, leaving the choice to any player to use it or not.
    I hope Reiza will add this feature soon and thus allow many players to enjoy this game to a higher level.
    Thanks Reiza

• Like Like x 1