1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. pr07

pr07 Member

It would be nice to have an option to enable/disable tyre warmers in a race. Currently, for example, the LMDh cars come out of the pits with warm tyres, and that costs us the fun of dealing with ice cold tyres after pitting, and the challenge of managing pitstop strategies knowing you'll be seconds off the pace immediatelly after you pit. I believe it would be tough to balance the AI on this, but if it's ever viable, it would be great

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yerffej

Yerffej Active Member

Hopefully Reiza can sort out the Pit Stall occupied , having a great race today, pitted only to find out my Pit Stall was occupied. Be nice to be told, when pitting if it is available or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

But you can still pit. You just end up ghosted together. We discovered this during a league race at Laguna Seca.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Yerffej

Yerffej Active Member

I haven't been able to pit when it is occupied, car just drives straight through the pit lane,.

5. ChasteWand

ChasteWand Member

Enable manual pitstops is the answer, not sure where the setting is, but provided you can brake and engage the pit limiter, you're golden. Highlighting the pit stall helps, just brake to a stop in the marked area.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yerffej

Yerffej Active Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

I will like if someday we have a kind of proximity visual indicator that mimic lateral peripheral 180 degrees vision (in VR will be really nice), with some kind of aid in border of rendered FOV, not the arrows or radars center screen with 360 degrees we have now.

More realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  8. John Istead

John Istead New Member

Would it be possible to extend Time Trials to mod cars & tracks also

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Turco

Turco Member AMS2 Club Member

Some classic Indy venues like Mid Ohio, Gold Coast, Portland and Vancouver

• Like Like x 2
  10. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

Being able to save your race weekend progress between sessions, so you can have an hour long qualifying then save and go racing the next day.

• Like Like x 5
  11. mikesch250

mikesch250 Member

Saving sessions (and saving mid race and continue it another day) would be such a game changer. It´s one of the only features I miss so much and it´s the only reason I start rFactor2 and make endurance multiclass races at Nordschleife. You just load the replay and continue where ever you like. You can even resume as another car/driver.

This feature and a 60+ cars grid and there is no need to fire up rF2 ever again. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis Active Member

They also need to fix the AI so they know how to overtake slower class cars, right now they tailgate them for half a lap before finally changing their line and driving past, which they could have easily done straight away. Pretty disappointing that stuff like this hasn't yet been fixed in a game that's been out for four years.
    AMS2 is so NEARLY a great game, but dumb **** like this really spoils it for me.

13. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I have had a fair few racers with the endurance pack at various tracks, the lmh never seemed to have a problem passing the gt3 cars.

I cannot speak for mixing other classes.

14. Peep Espino

Peep Espino New Member

Hello everyone. One question
    Do you know the date when the "major" update that also implements ranked with LFM will be released?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

16. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

Is it crazy to ask for a toolset to make your own career mode? You could add your own text, audio voice,video, choices to decide, events with specific goals, plot twists, wallets
    Then you can directly upload it to the game

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  17. Capt_Quarck

Capt_Quarck New Member

I suppose you can do this if you set up a custom championship with just 1 race, instead of using single race.

18. DFG22

DFG22 New Member

Can we have the option to make the bottom centre column of the Halo on the Formula Ultimate Gen2 car completely transparent?
    Right now switching it off only makes the very middle part of it transparent and still has dark shadowing around it still making it hard to see etc.
    We need the option to complexity remove it (yes this may effect replays but you can always save the replay and before replaying it enable the halo column again)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Someone had mentioned this idea in a post somewhere and i would like to mention it here.

The ability to make our own replay videos and replay views from having full control over a flying drone cam with no restrictions in real time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

More immersive audio for driver view, suspension and break squeaks, stuff like that would add a lot to immersion

• Like Like x 1