1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

Does this thread get read by the devs?

Here is my suggestion. Adding ways to make the single player modes more committing.

Basic implementation: adding a hardcore mode that disable the "restart event". If you messed up in qualifications, or if you wanted to extend the practice , or if you didn't get the race start you wanted... Too bad, deal with it. This is a sim.

(I know that with self control you can get the same but with a hardcore mode to commit to it would be more engaging)

Even better: not only disabling restart but getting an offline safety rating. Just the online one but offline. With reports on incidents at the end of the race.

• Like Like x 5
  2. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Would be fine to have real 3D mirrors in VR, could add a little bit more of immersion

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. NickBr956

NickBr956 New Member

Based on Game Build: 1.5.3.6 (April/24)
    Request Title: A few menu features that might help the accessibility for the players in general.
    Description:

I have more than 200 hours playing this game and I have to say it is one of the most fun and accurate sim games I have played, specially for me who still using a controller and racing most of that time in single player custom events based on IMSA calendar. Yeah, I know most of the people prefer online lobby because of competitive, but I am not a try hard while doing my setups and the IA is pretty decent for me so far.

Of course, while playing this game for so long, I've found out that it is not perfect. There are few features that other games have, and I honest missed them while playing automobilista 2. So hoping this post go viral somehow.

First of, while adjusting the setup of any car, there are few instructions the game show in the screen at the bottom left, but the text is too small to read, and while I do, I don't even have time to finish the first line before the whole paragraph itself begins to roll down or up on its own, and there also no button on the keyboard or game pad to control it. It's not necessary a bad thing, but it's stubborn. So I think adding this feature could help.

Second, the game have a lot of different categories, but the majority of them only have one or 2 different cars each. So I think it could be nice when we are creating a lobby (online or single player) we could merge them into one. For example, GT3 gen1 and 2 and GTE in a custom GT category, while LMDh and Group C merged on other, fighting for the same points and positions in a custom championship. Honestly don't know if other players come that to mind before.

Third, a championship feature with multiple races, there isn't much to say here. This is a request I friend of mine discus with me weeks ago, and I think it makes sense.

Four, this one is not necessary a feature, but it's a thing that I discuss with Tony Kanaan and his chat on twitch once. Some standard cars are too dependent of setup to be drivable, depending on their category. And no, I am not saying that reiza should give us the most fast setup to beat everyone, but while talking with TK about the brazilian stock car for example, he said that his car in real life is not that difficult to drive compare to same version on the game, the car in the standard setup lose grip to easy on the rear and look the front tires too often. And this is a thing that could be easily resolved with more downforce and some adjust in the differential, and the game simulates this well when you know what you're doing, but the standard setup doesn't come that way to us. And again, I am not saying that the game should give us the most fast setup from start, but it's not because we are playing a simulator that the game itself have to be difficult, don't know if a making myself clear here, but that is my point.

Well, this is some features that I remember so far. I saw some people saying in other comments that the way the setup is show up could be more like project cars 2 did. But it had been a long time since I played it. Also, I see a lot of people asking for a steam workshop and I agreed to them, no much to say here.
    I am looking to see what the 1.6 version bring new to us, keep it coming reiza.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

I would really like immersive windshield effects. Assetto Corsa with content manager has some amazing reflections of the top of the dashboard. It also shows the windshields imperfections when the sun hits it a certain way, smudges, fingerprints. Really cool

It is extremely immersive. This along with more sounds like suspension and brake squeaks would make a huge difference

5. AllocDK

AllocDK Active Member

You might want to read the 1.6 dev update

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

Recently (a few post above) I asked for s full fledged career mode editor. With videos, economy...
    I agree that it is a bit too ambitious.

But what about something as simple as creating a championship playlist, with basic condition to pass to the next championship. (Finishing on top 10 or top 5 or whatever you decide, option of disabling events restarts, to make it more of a s big feal)

That is easy to develop and we would be able to creat compelling career modes, something we have to commit to and care about. That would make the single player experience a lot better

7. Capt_Quarck

Capt_Quarck New Member

1. Being able to setup a race (single or championship) with multiple practice sessions, with different time of day and weather would be nice and fairly easily achievable, I mean we allready have an option for 2 races in one race weekend.

2. Having a limited number of tyres for a race weekend would be great. Immersive and very fun. Games like F1 and MotoGP allready have this and it has a large impact on both gameplay and strategy. Imho a racing simulator should have this option as in real life it's such an important aspect.

I think both suggestions will add to the atmosphere of participating in an actual race weekend.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. SunBro

SunBro Active Member

I know i'm being very annoying with these ultra specific requests that nobody will care about anyway but while updating the model for 1.6, could you also please update the small vertical endulights?

The upper model was used until le mans 2023, lower model has been in use since le mans 2023 and 6 hours of the glen 2023. When they added the 6 led vertical strip, they also changed the vertical endulights.

lights.png

9. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This has been mentioned in Renato's post of upcoming features in 1.6

10. Capt_Quarck

Capt_Quarck New Member

Really? I just read it but I gues I missed it.. awesome

11. Odd Socks

Last paragraph of "Visable tyre wear and damage"

12. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Member

I know I'm weird but, why AMS 2 doesn't save a Copa Truck at Tikki Dirt 1 Time Trial?
    It is fun as fu**. I know it shouldn't be racing there, but it was addictive, believe me. I think the game should save the laps of every possible combination, no?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I fully agree and it doesn’t save since it isn’t realistic. That’s why RX cars’ lap times aren’t saved when driving on “normal tracks”

• Like Like x 1
  14. DaveLew

DaveLew New Member

With the upcoming tyre updates to both physics and damage/deg, I think an option to enable slow punctures from using kerbs too aggressively before they are up to pressure, and a chance for larger punctures from going off track into gravel or hitting debris would be great. Eventually leading to catastrophic tyre failure if you don't change them once they've deflated.
    Both for the player and for AI. Just to add another layer of realism and *immersion* to the sim :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Racinglegend1234

IMO it should be less of an option and more of a consequence

16. DaveLew

DaveLew New Member

Ah, I suggested it be an option only because I know some people would abhor the idea of nearly finishing a long race only to be hit with a puncture and drop down the field. (I've had it happen in my real car and it suuuuuuuucks)
    Maybe have it tied into either the damage level option or tyre deg level option.

17. Racinglegend1234

Well let’s see what happens. Maybe the likelihood can be changed with the tyre deg

18. Odd Socks

I remember mentioning this before, and it was said that it was certainly something they are looking to do at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

An option to have the pitboard displayed lap after lap with just position, laps remaining and gaps to the car behind and in front. For racing old school or grassroots cars with no radio comms and no HUD, just getting pitboard data every time you complete a lap.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  20. LukeMulcahy

LukeMulcahy New Member

Not sure if its been suggested yet but a weather radar would be an awesome feature especially when running random/historic weather

• Agree Agree x 8