The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

  1. OniGarage

    OniGarage New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2026
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I love AMS2, for me it's the best sim and I love the work you guys put into new things and making the game better and better, new tyre physics, weather...

    But I have two requests that I would really love to see in the future and that I think would make AMS2 even better:

    *Control Mapping:* Please add 12-click mapping for rotary encoders, it would add so much immersion.
    *TC, TC Slip and TC Cut:* For cars that actually split traction control into three separate controls. I think it's mandatory by now.
    *Rain Effect:* The rain animation on the windshield with wipers is really too dated and also out of sync (rain disappears before the wiper passes) and this really hurts me considering everything else has incredible visuals, a step above any other simulator. So I really hope you fix the rain spray with something more realistic or at least synced.

    Keep amazing us guys!
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. sergio rivera

    sergio rivera New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2026
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Great job on the qualifying setup; it’s very dull to qualify in isolation during endurance races just to avoid mixing with other classes. Now, the only thing left is to unify the classes on the starting grid as well, so that a driver who didn't qualify—or qualified poorly—doesn't end up mixed in with other classes at the start.
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. Wolke

    Wolke Member

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2020
    Messages:
    52
    Likes Received:
    10
    (again) Some MP "features" that are imo basic for every sim

    - admin commands on the server like 1. "kick player" (Vote kick is useless) followed by "restart session, advance, High ping kick" etc.
    - a proper sorting and filtering function in the MP Browser, e.g. by password-protected servers (I mean, to have to ask for that is a pain)
    - Player position display during rolling starts(also SP)
    ----
    General:
    Device recognition is still awful, automatic detection of the used rim IS possible
    Asetek products as profile
     
  4. Despi Routo

    Despi Routo New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2025
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    22
    Is it possible to have a side mirrors HUD option ?
    Playing with cockpit cam on a single monitor feels too narrow for me and some lobbies restrict racing to inside views only. I'm aware I can peak on the sides but considering we already have the rear view mirror as a HUD option, I feel it would be cool to add side view mirrors in the HUD as well.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Marius H

    Marius H Forum moderator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2016
    Messages:
    7,637
    Likes Received:
    4,266
    Feature request: Audio-sliders per car

    I joined an open lobby the other day. F1 Classic, or something like that. Unfortunately I joined kinda late, so it was sorta direct to Race. Oh boy, the car was so loud I started to regret that I joined that lobby. Eventually I adapted to the sudden increase of the audiovolume, but I would like to see audio-sliders per car. If FFB can do that, I hope Audio can do it as well. Yeah, audio-sliders per car!
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Maechyl

    Maechyl Active Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2025
    Messages:
    131
    Likes Received:
    87
    Feature request: Setting race length by distance as well as laps and time.

    I know I could calculate this myself, but if the software could do it instead that's preferrable.
     
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. Wilfrandy Ramirez

    Wilfrandy Ramirez Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2023
    Messages:
    133
    Likes Received:
    60
    Feature request: ability to select between Single-file or Double-File restart.

    I have been doing a few of NASCAR racing against AI lately, and while I am having a blast, I would love to have double-file restart after a FCY. Also the rolling start should be looked into, the AI seems to no maintain a proper space; one of the lines will be further ahead of the other making the player gain one or two positions.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Mumblesh

    Mumblesh New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2020
    Messages:
    17
    Likes Received:
    1
    Feature request: Audio device option "default". Why there is no default audio option I do not know, seems like a logical thing to have.

    As someone that switches between, VR, External audio and Headphone, it is bizarre that every time I launch the game, I have to enter the audio options to cycle between a lot of audio devices until I get to the correct one for current sound output.

    -------------------

    Feature request: Better qualifying AI and pit-lane "qualifying monitor screen information".

    AI on qualifying needs to better decide how much time there is available and therefore make sensible decisions as to when to join the track. Mostly they just all pour out at the same time and fill the track with far too many cars at once, it becomes more like a race. I do understand that it can be tricky because not every qualifying session is set the same way, but there needs to be a better logic I think.

    Secondly, when you are monitoring from the pit it helps to see "with clarity" exactly how many cars are on track and where they are (real-time monitoring from a track map) so you are better informed as to when to leave for your out-lap. This makes it less likely you will get stuck in traffic as you can better plan when you leave the pit and join the track.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2026
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. XTRMNTR2K

    XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2016
    Messages:
    1,135
    Likes Received:
    1,324
    Feature request: HUD indicator for pit stop windows & mandatory pit stop status (served, not served, etc.)

    As far as I know the game is missing some kind of pit stop indicator on the HUD that shows the status of pit stops for a given race. Things that should be visible at a glance: Pit stop window, status of mandatory pit stop(s) if any, minimum number of tires for a pit stop to count as valid, etc.
    Been a while, but I think ACC has a decent indicator for this.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2026
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. Ricky Richards

    Ricky Richards Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2025
    Messages:
    141
    Likes Received:
    33
    Quoted because related.

    Feature request: AI tactical use of limited stints and/or laps.
    Particularly where there is a max number of laps or stints, they should spread them out through the session. Either by tactically looking at when the other cars are out they should just randomly spread their sessions over the time available. So I tried a max 12 lap 2 hour qualifying (like old school F1), and everyone is doing their first 3-lap stint in the first quarter hour - those ought to be spread over the first half hour.

    Doing it randomly might be more natural than doing it tactically. In Geoff Crammond Grand Prix 1 (and possibly later versions, I don't remember), in a full length qualifying, cars would leave the pits until there were exactly 6 cars on track, then as those cars came in, the track would empty, and new ones would prepare to go out until it was exactly 6 again because they were mechanically following some optimum. It might look more natural and immersive if you just work out the number of stints everyone should do, how long a stint should take and then give everyone 4 (or however many stints) randomised times between the start and end (or one stint-length before the end) of the session for when they should go out.

    If you can't easily change the current garage-out-pit-out-pit cycle the cars all do(so internally it's one stint just with pitstops) then at least delay some cars' original out-of-garage move to get the track occupancy spread out.

    Anyway, cool feature and I'm sure it's going to be even better in later versions.
     
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2026
  11. dm7c3

    dm7c3 New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2024
    Messages:
    14
    Likes Received:
    14
    Pit Speed HUD: Ringcolor dependend on speed

    Is it possible to change at least the ring from red to green if i am below the pit speed limit. It irratetes me if it stay's red, i think i am still to fast.
     

    Attached Files:

  12. Nev

    Nev Member

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2024
    Messages:
    33
    Likes Received:
    15
    PreSet.
    I currently only race preset events but am not capable of running the full distance. Consequently I have to change a lot of parameters each time I race. Would be nice to have the ability to save some sort of custom set up and apply it to each event.
     
  13. OfficeChairRacer

    OfficeChairRacer New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2025
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    - FullForce
    - More Wheel Input Configuration Options. Can´t config the ABS Rotary Encoder on my Bentley Wheel
    - HDR
     
  14. Manbird12000

    Manbird12000 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2023
    Messages:
    151
    Likes Received:
    90
    Feature request : preselects for time of day dawn, noon, afternoon, evening and night.

    For example, when is sunset at Le Mans during spring? With the different seasons and so many tracks in different time zones, it’s difficult to set the correct time of day. Time of race isn’t as important as position of sun, which is what most of us are setting the time to achieve.
     
    • Like Like x 2

Share This Page