1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

It's not perfect as is but, it's very effective with most vehicles. There may be cases where I'd like to have the operating range percentage a bit different (F1 vs. Copa Trucks being a prime example) but, in most cases, I don't mind some discrepancies, if I even may notice it.

I'm able to utilize 2-stages for both the shift lights and rev-lights (medium blink speed / fast blink speed - green LED's /// Medium to fast - Red LED's for Rev's). That allows more margin of operation depending on the vehicle. It's a bit like a range extender. I can just adapt my shift points to a different LED blink speed. ;)

In theory, I could even set up a 4-stage system for each function: No LED / Slow blink / medium blink / fast blink / constant-on LED state.

In addition, I have LED's for flags, engine-stop, pit-limiter, etc. Some work in most titles, depending on what trigger is supported / in use.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  2. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Would love to see a wheel and pedals testing area in control settings (in order to check if the wheel is centered or not) like all other racing games (e.g dr2, rf2, rre, ac etc). Even AMS had it.

Something like this:

Wheel Test Area

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Hard/Medium/Soft/supersoft Intermdiate/wet tire compounds or all cars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Unlimited action radius of drone camfor making screenshots.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

I would like to see controller Assignments option for Separate Sequential Shifter And Flappy Paddles.

I know there are third party solutions, but this should be in game.

J

Edit for Suggestion: I use "JoyTOKey" to use both flappy paddles and Sequential.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. GForce134

GForce134 New Member AMS2 Club Member

There are 3rd party solutions? Which ones?

7. ToMythTo

I use Antimicro and quite happy with that. But only assigner my dpad buttons as they haven’t recognized by the game.

8. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree.
    In the mean time you can have a nice power vs torque graph using SecondMonitor.

9. Karlo Spicyweiner

Karlo Spicyweiner New Member

Give us an F2 car!!! F309 is awesome. The F1 cars are also awesome. But the jump is too big between those classes. We need F2! Almost no other sim has it, it would be very special

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Karlo Spicyweiner

Karlo Spicyweiner New Member

The ability to decide whether you want to start on warm or cold tyres would be great (blankets/no blankets?). Also, it would make the formation lap make sense, as it doesn't make any sense now. Also, the ability to do standing starts after a formation lap would be great!

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

In broadcast/director views we need the ability to move the information (Timing etc) around as separate HUD elements from the usual. The broadcast/director setup needs quite a bit of work TBH, I'm currently wanting to run through the issues I find to build a decent list.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a way to be able to see the rearview mirror on a second monitor???
    It would be very nice if possible .... ;)

13. ToMythTo

How it is done? any tutorial on this? Maybe we can create a thread full of this graphs per car.

14. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

SecondMonitor is a telemetry (free/donation) app for many simracing titles including R3E, AC, AMS2.
    You only need to complete at least one lap (the more, the best) and choose the right graph.
    Hope this help. I'll be at home for Christmas.

15. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit Member

Add RPM limit for each car on selection screen. Allows you to set your off board tachometer's shift light before your in the pits and saves you redlining it to work it out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

This seems like a really nice app. However, is there a page which explains how to connect it to AMS2?

17. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

You just need to have Shared Memory set to Project Cars 2 in the game's System Options (UDP off unless you are accessing telemetry from another device). The program will detect AMS2

• Like Like x 1
  18. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

Yeah, that was it, thank you

19. sunnysunday

sunnysunday Member

Please add ability to add a second shifter button for my sequential stick shift :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Please remove the rain graphics on the wind deflector of the F301 wind deflector and replace with the rain graphics experienced on the camera lens.

In cockpit view in VR raindrops on camera lens is like raindrops on a helmet visor which is great. At speed the droplets flow upwards and sideways with the 'wind' and disappear quickly as they do in real life. Not so great is the graphic of water flow on the perspex wind deflector mounted on the car. The water looks black and does not flow according to aerodynamic effect, ruining immersion. If this is not possible its probably better to remove all representation of water flow on the deflector.

Otherwise super work :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1