1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Nats

Nats Member

Based on Game Build: 1.2.1.2
    Request Title: Jump to timeline locations in replays
    Description: The ability to jump quickly around in the replay videos by clicking on the timeline at various points.
    Benefits: At the moment if you want to see a certain event in a replay you have to fast forward to the specific location you want to see which takes ages of sitting listening to angry bees - sometimes 10-15 minutes depending on the length of the race replay! Please can we have the ability to quickly jump to locations in the replay videos by just clicking on the timeline?

Edit: Be even better if we had a race highlight reel to watch/save as well, where the camera changes to the car most suitable for watching the event. Used to be called an 'Action Camera' in old flight sims I used to play lol. Think they used to have this in Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 4 as well.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Neem

Neem New Member

Based on Game Build: Any
    Request Title: An ability (or web service) that allows me to request Time Trial data
    Description: i would like to make a simple call to a web service that would allow me to request the Leader board information for any given Track and Class/Car combination together with the position numbers (e.g top 20) or (positions 20-30) and provide a filter to just my friends list. Returned in JSON format.
    Benefits: I run a Time Trial competition and currently have to log in and refresh the times regularly in game and manually capture the data. I’ve found no reliable method to do this automatically (lots of research). This web service would (correctly throttled and authenticated) reduce the load on the leaderboards and allow me to better promote the game allowing me to open the fun to a larger community (currently limited by my typing speed). Thanks for listening, hope it’s not a difficult thing to do… (even dumping the leaderboards from my client would be helpful so every time I view them, it drops them into a log somewhere)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sao Paulo 300?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Based on Game Build: 1.2.2.0
    Request Title: Show Hot Brakes Heating Tyres in the UI
    Description: When brakes overheat, change the colour of the UI tyre edge to indicate that the heat is bleeding through to the tyre carcass.
    Benefits: This will help drivers to adjust their tyre pressure and brake ducts (and maybe their driving technique) to prevent tyres overheating during a long race.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. rmagid1010

I suggest some fire should emerge 3D2DBAE9-CEA5-44FB-AABD-49D0132E9F42.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. ahpigsy

ahpigsy Member

Would like the ability to edit driver names in Custom Championships. It would be nice to simulate a real world championship with proper driver names.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

map-able keys to adjust game--master-volume when driving.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

possibility to change temp colors in tire-app into values (colors are useless for me because I'm colorblind)

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Scoops

Scoops Member

Agree as I’m colourblind as well. I think it’s around 8% males so given this seems to be the demographic it might be worth looking at

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Request Title: Summarise Inherent Circuit Characteristics in the UI
    Description: Insert a short paragraph emphasising the inherent characteristics of a circuit: low/high grip, smooth/bumpy surface, altitudinal effects, and whether tyre wear is biased to the right, the left or neutral.
    Benefits: This will help drivers, particularly beginners, to adjust their car setup, including tyre cambers, suspension and gear ratios, to match the demands of each circuit.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  11. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We really need a kick button as a host in a open lobby, not the vote to kick as its there now, yesterday i was in a open lobby and got taken out by a dirty driver, which after that took out several others as well, and there is nothing you can do about it

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

WE also need to retain Host name in setting up sessions.
    Its inconvenient to have to keep putting in Host name when all other settings for the session are saved, between sessions.

13. Roy Niessink

Yeah and that the settings arent changed to the settings of the lobby you joined before so you have to check everything again when you setup a lobby

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

This is also crucial. Esp if their session had no P because your new session will have P starting at Midnight as I reported a very long time ago. Midnight should be changed to midday. by default

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Roy Niessink

Yeah what also would be great is that you can save several presets, as in controller setup is now possible.

16. rmagid1010

Porsche Cup onboard sound updates;

17. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

Classe de turismo Nacional com os carros brasileiros atuais.
    nova sprint race classe.
    opcao de farol alto, baixo nos gts.
    AMD fsr.
    pinturas metalicas, foscas, satin para as skins customizadas.
    @Renato Simioni ajuda nois ae

18. Zeeflyboy

Zeeflyboy New Member

Request Title: Create bindings for menu navigation
    Description: Currently the game lacks the ability to bind eg a hat switch and buttons for up/down/left/right/enter/back menu navigation.
    Benefits: This will allow menu navigation for those users with other than standard wheels/button boxes ("custom" control type) without the need to resort to mouse

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. rmagid1010

This i agree with, I would love bindable buttons to select tyres or adjust fuel before a pitstop, it is so fiddly to do it via the ICM or by creating pit strategies.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just having the ability to have the ICM active until you press a button to close it would make a huge difference too. No need to try and rush changes to it then and lose focus of where you are when driving.

• Agree Agree x 2