1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. geekyhawkes

geekyhawkes Member

Please can we have an update to the Formula Ult wheels to make them display more information like a 2021 F1 car? Thinking green amber red and the actual temps for all 4 wheels and also a big bold change to the screen when we adjust onboard Brake Bias (like the Merc F1 wheel).

Would also be good to show the lap delta to car ahead and also vs your best as you cross the start finish line (I noted that Merc F1 seem to be doing this from at least Qatar). The widgets etc are nice but there is no reason we cant go full immersion and still have the correct info displayed to us (given F1 wheels are about 50% screen now).

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe its there and i havent noticed it, but it might be handy to have a instruction/description of how the rating system works, it seems a lot of people are for example unknowing that incidents on the cooldown lap are also counting towards the rating. just to make people aware of the way the system works

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

join my server when u can, i had plenty nights where we did not touch any gt car, and also did some more unknown, mostly brazilian tracks, or just create your own lobby for it, which is easy enough lol

4. João Labres

João Labres New Member

Some time ago, I used to play Project Cars 2 on keyboard and I found that you can change the fuel mix using SHIFT + Q and SHIFT + 1. Last week I tested and you can change it on AMS2 too. My sugestion is: as the game already support a shortcut to change the fuel mix, then why not add the option to rebind that key? I think that's a large amount of people would like this feature.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. obvious_sarcasm

obvious_sarcasm New Member

Ghost Car +2 Seconds. So you are chasing your best time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. benvelor

benvelor Member

Different car power: like in old geoff crammond's grand prix, not only drivers skills, but also power and failure rate (i.e.) for any cars, including player's one, so it will be different to drive a ferrari in 1989 respect a brabham in the same year....

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. maconnolly

maconnolly New Member

Based on Game Build: All
    Request: Additional/extendable livery slots per car model.
    Description: It would be great to have the ability to increase the number of unique liveries for each car model, beyond their current limits. I am not suggesting Reiza should have lots of liveries designed in addition - but rather a system that recognises additional liveries if a user loads them via custom XML.
    Benefits: This is a quality-of-life suggestion. For those of us who like to race 'bigger grids', being able to tie a unique livery to every car is hugely immersive. As an example, if I want to run a Sprint Race championship with a 26-car grid (13 teams of two), I am having to make a concession and assign 13 unique liveries to 26 drivers. Doing this means I have to sacrifice car numbers on the liveries to achieve this goal.

I appreciate this may be a niche request, but I also feel like making it possible to recognise additional liveries would not require a fundamental development effort. It's just about opening up the appropriate index/database to recognise new entries from custom XML files, combined with a dynamic UI in the car-selection screen.

Edit: I note this has been discussed/requested via the Custom Liveries thread, too.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  8. RacingAtHome

RacingAtHome New Member

Request Title: Renaming classic venues to show years of use
    Description: The current circuits do not show years of use despite many being used far longer than the years they are used for.
    Benefits: Showing this would make it easier for those who would like to drive period-accurate races and would provide a clearer view on when these variations of circuit were used. I've provided a number of examples below through RacingCircuits.info. Although the surroundings wouldn't be the same, the layout and pitlanes would be reasonably unchanged to be relevant to the replicated race.

Monza Historic 1971 10k - 1966-71 Monza Historic 10k
    Monza Historic 1971 10k (no chicanes) - 1959-65 Monza Historic 10k
    Montreal Historic 1988 - 1988-90 Montreal Historic
    Kyalami Historic 1976 - 1961-87 Kyalami Historic
    Imola Historic 2001 - 1995-06 Imola Historic
    Imola Historic 1988 - 1988-94 Imola Historic*
    Imola Historic 1972 - 1953-72 Imola Historic

*For this layout, Imola is shown to have a motorcycle chicane that is new from the 1981-84 variant. However, the GP circuit remains unchanged.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Would be nice, if the AI got warnings and penalties, too. In current state of the game, they can do whatever they want on track.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 8
  10. Fred The Baddie

Fred The Baddie New Member

Request Title: A visible but fixed steering wheel
    Description: An option to have the steering wheel visible, but fixed so it doesn't rotate. Many people like myself can't race with a moving steering wheel on the screen as it causes extreme visual uncomfortableness for various reasons. However, many cars have their LCD screen in the wheel, so we can't see any of that information if the wheel is turned off.
    Benefits: A MASSIVE quality of life improvement for all drivers like myself who are otherwise missing vital information on screen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. RacingAtHome

RacingAtHome New Member

Request Title: Add an Identical setting for championships in classes with multiple cars.
    Description: I'd like to see the game have the same Identical setting for championships with multiple cars within a class such as Brazilian F3.
    Benefits: One specific benefit is the ability to run a championship using only the Dallara F309 because this car is the only F3 car that has the real-life 2020 F3 livery pack updated for it. FIA Formula 3 2020 + AI Driver Names

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

It works great with Voice Attack but the problem is that whatever strategy you created, the game for whatever reason rearrange the list and that causes Voice Attack to fetch the wrong strategy. Why the heck they never bother fix this...it's been going on since the released of the game.

13. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

It would be great to have the option to have private qualifying like we had in AMS1, it sucks when I'm doing a good lap in quali and have some AI driver ruin my quali lap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. RacingAtHome

RacingAtHome New Member

Would be great for the incoming ovals too. As opposed to having every car on circuit at once, you would be able to create a more realistic qualifying session.

It wasn't in PCARS2 so I'm wondering if the engine doesn't support it as we currently know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Request Title: A more "general" demo
    Description: Another (or perhaps a replacement) demo for AMS2 that showcases its content and capabilities beyond the TSI Cup. Maybe something like a Stock Car 2019/21 as a showcase of the higher quality cars, some GT3 models or something to net in the average simracing crowd, and an open wheel model as that comprises a majority of AMS2's content (Formula V10 or F3, I'm thinking). As well as this, a couple of tracks like maybe Interlagos, Azure and Brands for instance to let each car type stretch its' legs and show Reiza's track-building capability. Also possibly retain the TSI Cup content and simply add the suggested content onto the current demo
    Benefits: A much larger chance of netting new players by letting them try out what this sim has to offer before buying, or to give people who are still hesitant on the sim's quality a chance to see its' strengths

16. Rober

Rober Member

But you know that the demo is not a demo, right? They use the demo option in steam to release the free game that they agree to release with VW & Acelerados.
    I suppose they can release a separated free game for VW (a la PCars Pagani Edition) and a real demo for AMS2 but that seems like double the work and is the Reiza choice.

17. iksmean

iksmean Member

Request Title: Goodyear tires for 1998 F-USA
    Description: If possible it would be amazing to have the option of Goodyear shod cars for 1998 F-USA. I'm assuming the 1995 cars will have Goodyears since less than 5 cars had Firestones that year.
    Benefits: More historically accurate, more realism, and immersion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A visual request here, that when you change wing settings it is reflected visually on the cars

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Key bidding for all FFB adjustable parameters not only gain
    PC2 has it

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can I have a button to flip off the competition?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1