1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Abe Duarte

Abe Duarte New Member

More GT2, GT3, GT4 and GTE cars. This game is amazing but the car variety is something that would directly contribute to promoting league play.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. GiVil27

GiVil27 New Member AMS2 Club Member

It would be great if a function was added to cancel refueling at the pit stop. It would be a lot easier to do a spontaneous race without much planning. In the end, losing good placements with the tank almost full just because the pit stop took too long is unsatisfactory. I know the functions of creating custom pit stops, but it would be much easier with this function.
    Greetings and Merry Christmas to everyone !!!

3. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

If you use Crew Chief there is an auto fuel macro which will set your refuel amount based on fuel usage from telemetry and remaining laps. There are also macros to select pit strategy by number from your list of strategies.

• Like Like x 3
  4. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I think they disable the oval track on purpose because they don't want anyone to enjoy oval until USA Pack 3.0 come out lol.

5. sdeups

sdeups Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, this has certainly already been asked, but here are 2 questions:
    -why it not possible to had relative timer with front and rear conccurent?
    -why it not possible to change the preset control during a race session?

thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello Sdeups,
    We have The relative timer with front and rear concurent. Check the personnalisation of the HUD, on the left, the widget is off by défaut.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Member

I would be nice to have ambient & track temperatures, plus wind direction available
    via the HUD. It's all nice having that info whilst in the pits, but would be handy
    knowing the current conditions when on track...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Iirc you can see all that info on track by hitting pause and looking at the top of the screen but I agree that having the option to have that info on the hud would be better.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. jonathon

jonathon Linuxer

I did a search for "lap time delta" and didn't find this, but I might have missed it.

Lap time delta is based on previous lap rather than best lap so it's not great for tracking pace.

It would also be nice to have something more granular than sectors, similar to the Performance Delta widget available in AC.

Or, a RaceLogic display in each car... :p

• Like Like x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The controls mapping for split times switches between the different time delta modes of the widget.

This widget can be activated in the HUD options, when being in a session.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Drag race mode in the tunnels at Cleveland. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

Could we please have on the timing screens the fastest sectors highlighted maybe in purple so at a glance we can see who has the fastest sectors.

Thanks

• Like Like x 3
  13. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Unless you're claiming for ingame feature, you can get it from external apps like SimHub, DashPanel, Z1 and many others.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Brake Balance adjustments in 0.5 increments needed in AMS2, to compete with all other games.

15. EzCheez

EzCheez New Member

Most control over the weather and smarter ai pitstops and tire selections.

If you start a race with random weather, and it's dry practice but wet start, the ai starts with slicks and you get a free win.

It's clear from the historic weather that the engine is able to create patches of weather, so why can I only select 4 slots and it creates the same weather over the entire track?

Someone else mentioned adding a % based system like IRL and maybe a weather radar you can look at before a race

16. Blaine7

Blaine7 New Member

Being able to save custom championships as templates so that I can reuse them or change them. If I create a Custom championship and save it and restart the game, I cannot change any details anymore. Some of my championchips took quite a long time to set up and it was really annoying when I spotted a small mistake afterwards and had to do everything again.

• Agree Agree x 10
  17. Blaine7

Blaine7 New Member

I would also like more customisation for how points in a championchip are attributed, instead of just having pregenerated options.

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. Blaine7

Blaine7 New Member

This has probably been requested already or maybe it is not possible but I would really like to have a car radar like in ACC.

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. DayrFile

DayrFile Member

Was using @toniware 's perfect spotter dll with activated safety rating progression info. This small feedback of how I'm progressing was so motivating for me that I was really enjoying the MP races a lot more (thanks for this feature at this point).
    Reflecting about myself and why this increased my fun during the race I had the following idea for AMS2: would it make sense to monitor progression (via stats or medals) of track knowledge (something like 15 clean laps), car knowledge and combinations of both? I could imagine that this simple feature would motivate some users to try out more of the large amount of cars and tracks, and start to discover the sim in a new way. I know that this is probably not something for the very purist racers :), but if its optional ...:rolleyes:

20. GAFChuck

GAFChuck New Member

In the setup screen, can we get the highest inner/middle/outer tyre temperatures from the last stint? Opening the overlay is incredibly distracting, and having to memorize all the things I need to adjust and do the mental mathematics, WHILE trying to drive properly is just not feasible.
    Also whether the car bottomed out or not would be useful.

• Agree Agree x 6