1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Anthony 123

Anthony 123 Active Member

So the AI follows each other in a train and can't overtake each other because they have a different tire model?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, i didn't say this but I replied to those who complained about the AI being poor.

3. Anthony 123

"Pretty new here and to the game. What bugged me so far is that the AI is driving like a pearl necklace perfectly behind each other. Would be great if they at least move 10cm left and right behind each other."

This is what we were talking about. I think you misunderstood something my friend.

4. Selcuk Koc

Selcuk Koc New Member

I did not mean the AI is poor. I mean for example if I play Assetto Corsa, the AI is all over the track while in AMS2 all the AI cars drive in one perfect line behind each other. But I just want to mention I had only 4-5 hours into AMS2 so far and only tried AI race with one open wheeler. I dont know how it is with other cars and tracks.

5. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Any chance in the future of pre-selectable dates/time for real weather? And that the dates for the presets chosen are the same as real races in the past (I.e. every GP at Monza with the current layout, with correct time and date). ATM its a bit arbritrary what date you select unless you research what you want to simulate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

As we have Indycars now, it would be nice to see an oval track pack in AMS 2. Can also be fantasy tracks if there should be license issues.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Apex

Apex Active Member

I'd love to have more period correct pit crews for the vintage and retro stuff. The historic tracks and cars are terrific, but the present-day-looking crews kinda break the illusion of historic racing.

Looking into the file structure in the Pitstop folder it seems the game can already handle different types of pit crews. There are even some of the BFF files that are named 'historic'.

Late '60s and '70s pit crews tended to wear uniform overalls and sometimes just uniform t-shirts but not full-face helmets.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Selcuk Koc

Selcuk Koc New Member

How are the chances to get something like the special events in Assetto Corsa? I put at least 200 hours into these in AC and its totally motivating to me to finish all of them. Actually I almost had all of them (besides drift) in AC and since you cant reset it, I created a new Steam account and bought the game again lol...

I really love AMS2 but there is not much to do in the game besides career mode (wich I did not try yet). Thats what most sims lack unfortunately. Anything that keeps you going. Together with AC, Gran Turismo is king in this discipline, even though the events in GT are pretty stupidly made. Just tune your car to the max and win every race easily.... AC does it very well with 4 AI classes. And the hotlaps are also not that easy to achieve gold. You have to put some work in.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You're in luck. They've already said that Racing USA Part 3 will be focused on ovals, including the oval variants for all IndyCars that were featured in Part 2.

I think we're all assuming that there's going to be an American stock car of some sort in the game. The only oval that's currently modeled in the game is Daytona, which is there as part of the road course, and it's unlikely that they'll give us Daytona and not a stock car.

Racing USA Parts 1 and 2 had three tracks each, so we're probably going to see three ovals added to the game (which may include Daytona or it may not.)

Indianapolis is pretty likely, although not 100% as the F-USA G2 and G3 cars didn't race there. Also, if you look at CART in 1995, 1998, and 2000 seasons, every chassis manufacturer that raced in those years is represented in AMS2 except one. Penske. Roger Penske owns the rights to those cars, and he also owns the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Also, Penske owns the modern NTT Data IndyCar Series and licensed it to Motorsport Games for an IndyCar game that will come out in 2023. If Reiza is having trouble licensing things from Penske, that might extend to the race track.

PCars2 had three ovals in it: Daytona, Indianapolis, and Texas Motor Speedway. Reiza says they don't reuse the PCars2 tracks, but they have used some trackside graphical assets when they're remaking a track. The tracks in PCars2 might be a hint, or it may not.

Also, Reiza says that they're going to add Full Course Yellows to the game. The engine doesn't currently support that, so they have to put it into the engine.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Anthony 123

This is so exciting!!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dolphin

Dolphin New Member

DLSS please. I sorta understand there is a process to it and it may involve ticking Nvidia boxes/applying and other stuff I don't understand to get Nvidia to do it - but it would be great if we had an idea if this something you guys are thinking about or are in the process of doing.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

hello, the custom championship mode is a mode that I really like. Thanks Reiza for this feature. Would it be possible to add a small presentation screen before a race with the name of the championship, the round, the circuit, the weather, the date, the starting grid, the classification of the championship... just to make the more immersive championship mode. Thank you

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

Free Flying Camera Mode
    - A nice feature for videomakers and content creators
    - Speed, DoF control and camera shake would be also a nice addition to this feature.
    - Maintain camera smoothness rate using the mouse (ctrl + m)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Apex

Apex Active Member

Maybe some more liveries for the F-Retro Gen2? There are only 12 available for the generic car, so you can't really create a full grid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

I would extend this to all cars. Some classes have only few liveries available. Metalmoro P2 has only 4 for example.
    Expanding this amount would also allow for more custom liveries.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Crilin

Crilin New Member

Feature: Associate User Control Pre-settings to each car

It would be nice if we could associate to each car one of our "User Control profile". For example, if you have three control profiles:
    - N1 called "Paddles": mapped paddles to shift up and down gears
    - N2 called "Sequential": mapped sequential shifter to shift up and down gears
    - N3 called "H-pattern": mapped H-shifter to shift form 1st to 6th and R

If we could associate any of those profiles to any car, we could link "Paddles" Control Profile to all car you want to use paddles, "Sequential" Control Profile to all car you want to use sequential shifter and so on.
    In this way it wouldn't be necessary to re-map controls if after a race you change form one the type of car to the other (paddles-sequential-H-pattern) i.e.: from GT3 to GT1.
    upload_2022-4-3_11-45-38.png

Probably you can figure out another situations where this could be useful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Moo Ammekaatu

Moo Ammekaatu New Member

Feature: Possibility to give each race a name

Wouldn't it be nice if we could name every race happening when creating a custom championship? Like sometimes in the real world a race can have its own name in addition to the series' main name.

We can now name our championship series, which is nice, like "Monogram World GT," but the race name is just the track name. Like " Jerez chicane." I'd like to name it, for example, "CIE Automotive Spring of Jerez" or "Iberdrola Pure Energy GT at Jerez", and so on.
    Ok, thanks for reading folks

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Anthony 123

Can you tell me what the difference is between dlss and nvidia image scaling? I tried Google and they sound like sort of the same thing. I use NIS because my gpu can't handle my monitors resolution. It helps a lot. Would dlss help more?

19. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

I think to have a complete Formula 1 experience it would be a nice addition to have a 2006-2008 era. Cars were much more evolved aerodinamically, had V8, and very different both from formula V10 (let's say 1998-2000) and formula Reiza (2010-2013). In my opinion that would close the F1 circle..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

At Montreal

upload_2022-4-9_22-26-2.png