1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. aboe_83

aboe_83 ABOE AMS2 Club Member

This was a feature which was present on the online leaderboard website for AMS1 iirc, so it may be something that isn't too hard to implement into AMS2. Perhaps it's alrady on the cards, who knows.

2. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

Features and changes I would like to see
    New replay car sounds, more realistic reverb to add depth.
    Better replay cameras, right now the cameras zoom too much, would be nice to have a more realistic camera on replays or add a secondary replay camera with different positions.
    Option to change paint materials, matte, metalic, setin, glossy
    Option to change headlight colors
    Gte cars to have the door numbers glow in the dark.
    Wheel animations for tc, boost, drs, or any changes to engine modes, show the drivers changing the switches on the wheel
    Stock car push to pass light onboard to be able to see when it is available with we dont use the hud.
    Better particle effects for sparks, exaust flames, better smoke, fog and water spray
    Better rain on windscreen. For me Driveclub has the best rain effects in any racing game ever, would be nice to see something similar.
    Would also be nice to see the skies have a warmer tone as right now the colors are in a colder side, more blue tint than green and red.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-possibility to switch to TV cam not only in replay, but also when driving.
    -spectator view (non VR users) with custom control (zoom in/out, cycle the view around, like it was possible iin AMS1)
    -manual switching of TV cams in a logical way within the next TV cams which near the car (not to toggle around cams around the whole track), in AMS1 this worked fine

• Like Like x 1
  4. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Little request: custom drivers helmet liveries to match the real ones. I'd like drive with F1 or Cart drivers with proper helmet liveries.
    thx
    :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would love that we finally get a Ghost in TT that continues to represent the fastest time in the session, and not some incomprehensible stint time. It's very frustrating that you think you're faster but you're slower because you've just fought a lap against a slower ghost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ijac

ijac Member

Please turn off telemetry data output during replays. I have my bass shakers at the perfect strength while racing but the intensity of the bass shakers is far stronger during replays.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Why not ask the software devs to add an interrupt keybind on the software you use or to have telemetry ignored when replays are running? The game's telemetry says when it is playing a replay back so the solution doesn't have to come only from Reiza. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That may be so but as far as I am aware every other sim disables it through the replay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Wolf WolfZ AMS2 Club Member

Add the new airport track to the stock car 22 Championship and allow for custom championship to add race 2 scoring system as race 1 has more points than race 2 in the real series. You have both options available but can only utilise one scoring system for race 1 and race 2 . Hope this makes sense.

10. SasaFraz

SasaFraz New Member

I would love the rain/dirt/generally looking through perspex on visor effect without the rest of the helmet overlay for vr, just because the normal helmet overlay causes so much lag

11. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

+1 for the helmet liveries. It would be great if they could be specified as overrides on a per-driver basis (i.e. the helmet livery is related to the custom AI driver, not the car). This would be great for recreating historic seasons and may also prove useful in the future career mode for drivers switching teams :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think hotlap challenges would be a great addition to the game, along with the invitational events from PC2 (which could show off specific car/track/weather combos). The cool thing about potential invitational races in AMS2 vs PC2 is the custom AI, they could do some really cool stuff there.

For the hotlap challenges, they just need to revisit the times after major physics changes to keep things normalized. Maybe this is coming with trophies later this year?

• Like Like x 1
  13. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tyre skid sounds that build gradually in volume as you go over the limit of grip rather than just playing the sample at constant volume. Would make it more immersive and also assist with driving over the limit. They sound much better in AC and R3E, for example.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  14. MJP10

MJP10 Member AMS2 Club Member

And another one here! So desperate for custom helmet and overalls... I would rather this 100 times over any new car, content or features. That will all come, but this would keep me occupied, and happy until they do and way beyond:whistle::)

• Like Like x 4
  15. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

Ability to reload the custom FFB file from within the game itself rather than you having to restart to pick up any changes.

this will rapidly accelerate the development of the custom FFB files which IMO can transform the driveability of cars and enjoyment of the game.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 16
    • Agree Agree x 4
  16. xoph

xoph New Member AMS2 Club Member

Provide save option for templates for creation of multiplayer sessions. It is most annoying that they are always overwritten once one joins or even looks at another server.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. viper4r

viper4r Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it possible to add an option to disable the pedal rumble motors.

There are many FFB options for the wheel and also custom FFB, but nothing for the pedal motors.
    I have the Fanatec CSP V2 Pedals (connected via USB to PC) and the Brake Rumble works out of the box, which is nice, but you cannot configure or optimize it in game to your own likes.
    If there would be at least an option to disable it I could use the API and 3rd party software like SimHub or Fanaleds or SLIMax Manager Pro to control it.
    For these tools the pedals must be connected via USB directly to the PC, which means there is no other option via Wheel or Fanatec software to change the rumble behaviour. It is controlled by game only and there I can not configure anything.

Thx

18. Mike Evans

Mike Evans Member

Would love to see an action cam in replay. A camera that jumps to the Acton going on such as overtakes and incidents. Would be great for creators.

• Agree Agree x 9
  19. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The 107% Rule
    This rule states that if the track is dry, any driver who fails to set a lap time within 107% of the fastest lap during Q1 will not be allowed to start the race without permission from the race stewards.
    Since we don't have race stewards, perhaps it is possible to let the cars not making the 107% (or don't qualify at all) start from the pit.
    All cars that don't qualify and want to make up for it at the start are out of the way and can't dive-bomb other cars in the first corner
    I think this can prevent the turn one carnage a little

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. SlowAssDave

SlowAssDave CrazyCanuck (CASS) AMS2 Club Member

It may have been mentioned before but having multiple session servers would be amazing.

For instance, do practice, quali, R1, R2.

So you could do a 2 x 25 minute race and, if possible, have flip top 10 (or host's choice) options too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2