1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And maybe with front and rear wing? Could be named 'Fromula Trainer Super Advanced'
    R.96e9107f5353f9e74d804c5b4c577475.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Can we have Medium rain. I feel like "light rain" is too light and "rain" is too much. It would be nice to have Medium rain to help with frame rate. And please turn off all the AI headlights. These are needed to enhance the VR experience.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Perhaps a GTR2-esque rain slider could be a viable option? :p

4. Henrique Morato

Henrique Morato New Member AMS2 Club Member

Additional Gear Up and Gear Down slots, to make easier to use both paddles shifters and a sequential lever. R3E does it well, and we have so many cars in AMS2 that uses non paddle sequential gearbox ( V8SC, Copa Montana, Indy Car, etc).

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I use a Logitech Drive Force GT and it's automatically configured to use both the sequential and the pads... maybe it's already there.

6. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Any chance that the leaderboard can show opponents mainly in your own class? If im GT4, then im more concerned about the order of GT4 class, so maybe show top 3 GT3 and make the rest GT4

upload_2022-5-7_0-5-52.png

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Racer63

Racer63 Member

Save game during the race. I know it's currently implemented at the end of each session on custom championship. But if I want to do some endurance races or longer races with gt3, group c, super v8 or cart ( big fun of endurance here) I can't.

Remember that some people we don't have time for league schedules or calendars or whateaver reason for doing on line races. So would be nice a save option "a la GTR2".

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I think that this request should be taken as a top priority

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Silvano

Silvano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I rather think it would be smarter to fix some basic annoying bugs first.

10. Scrooge

Scrooge New Member

I suppose that feature has already proposed.
    It’s possible to add position settings for other camera than cockpit ? Personally, I play with Hood/Bonnet cam, but with my Fov setting, I can’t see the hood.

11. ferdiaz

ferdiaz New Member

Honestly, the one single feature missing in this title, and preventing it from taking off in online communities/leagues is multiplayer driver swap.

This title is SO GOOD at multiclass races, it absolutely screams "endurance". But without driver swaps, this is a no go.

I believe once this is sorted out in a reliable way (and not in an rFactor2 kind of way), without server crashes, etc. the number of players will simply explode.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think that its well known that mp is not at the same level as the competition. As it is, ams2 is not suited to esports or serious league events. Lets hope this changes in the future, although it should be noted that this is an enormous undertaking for Reiza to accomplish,

13. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just don't understand where the problem is, even on pCARS 1-2 we have never aimed at the concrete development of the MP.
    I could understand it there because it was also a product for consoles and that P2P is king.
    Here, however, AMS2 inherits the same problem, the MP is very weak indeed scarce, and nothing is done to try to develop it, and it hurts me because we are in the PC and non-console environment, with a more demanding audience.
    There is the same developer of pcars 2 for the development of the dedicated server and I don't understand where the problems are to dedicate resources.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. ferdiaz

ferdiaz New Member

That is clear. But it's in successfully realising massive undertakings where one product stands out from the competition.
    I'd say, they are doing an incredible job at fixing their physics, which I'd say it's just as challenging, if not more, than implementing multiplayer from scratch.
    Actually, implementing brand new features from 0 is somewhat easier than taking something that was already done, and adjusting it to fulfil a new set of requirements/quality standards.
    My hope is that Reiza is aware of that, and put some effort in the near future into tackling this area of their title, in the same way they focused and nailed their physics revamping in Q2-Q4 2021. If they do, AMS2 will become the next big thing.
    All in all, good job Reiza. You're killing it!

• Like Like x 1
  15. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My solution to increase MP popularity is to outsource it to competent third-party partners and give them visibility through the main menu:

upload_2022-5-13_15-4-7.png

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. ferdiaz

ferdiaz New Member

Exactly! That's what I am hoping for too. Actually, I'll be very happy the day AMS2 is included in the roster of events from simracing.gp
    That alone will give it a lot of visibility. Then add the possibility of doing real endurance races, and the sky is the limit.

17. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

The MP issues were inherited, yes. But currently and unfortunately there are other priorities until end of the year according to the DLC/mode estimation, which also includes the Career mode.

Furthermore, changing the online functionality is not as simple as swapping code. It requires studying applicable and functional solutions (we don't want an rf2-like online experience after all), learning the necessary code/theory to work on netcode (or hiring someone with netcoding experience), time to put it all in place without breaking the rest of the game and extensive internal and beta testing to squash the worst offenders before it can even be put on a Release Candidate build.

It'll require a lot of work from the devs and much patience for those of us who have been waiting for an overhaul of the entire online system.

I am not aware of any pC2 devs working at Reiza. Who are you talking about?

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. FearFactor

FearFactor New Member

-Please add a EU speedometer version (kmh) for the Street Camaro

-some "playmates" for the Camaro... Mustang and Challenger would be awesome (street class)

-japanese cars would be also great (i dont talk about miatas and slow civics) There are lot of powerful street cars and racing series to look at them. :)

19. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

sorry but I was wrong, I confused one developer for another and I apologize. with regard to MP so that it is not easy to develop it, but basically in July the gico will have 2 years since the version 1.0 of AMS2 was released, there are already many, and if you do not start investing also on the MP side it will be hard because AMS2 is successful among the simracers who drive only online.

I mean I understand that the team is investing in other content and physics, but the PC audience is a demanding niche audience where it focuses a lot on the MP side, and not having this sector at least sufficient makes the product only an end in itself many. Reiza has been creating a beautiful masterpiece from many points of view, especially using MADNESS ENGINE, where for me it is currently the best graphics engine for current SIM RACING. but sadly AMS2 also inherits a poor MP that is never interested in Slightly Mad Studios in making it better than what was already on pCARS 1.
    I hope that Reiza inserts it as a priority in the development, also because waiting a year to start thinking about developing it would make the game unappetizing to the various online and eSport leagues, where instead other Sims have now become a guarantee for further developments and sequels to the latter. , to the detriment of AMS2 or later, however good they may be on the simulation side, handling, tire model, weather conditions and live track, all beautiful things but only for solo laps.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. ferdiaz

ferdiaz New Member

Let's keep the faith John! I absolutely can't wait for the day I can be part of a team doing a multiclass 10 hours of Daytona in an LMP2 :rolleyes:
    Right now I am maining ACC, but the moment MP is sorted out, I am pretty confident I'll relocate to AMS2.

• Like Like x 1