1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Current plan seems to be end of 2023.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Touc

Touc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like to see more details on what sort of gear box each car has. As In the sequential cars have a sequential stick or Paddles on the wheel

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 11
  3. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wish in multiplayer when setting up a lobby there was a selection option for cars "any/all". At the moment it is Same car, same class or pick multiple classes, but I would also like "any". This is because we sometimes run different cars vs each other. For example I pick an IndyCar and a slower driver picks the 97 McLaren. But then I can't foresee all the combinations we want to choose, so we are stuck with the 10 classes (which is quite a lot, don't get me wrong) I have preselected when creating a server. I think it could be easy to implement "any/all" selection, but I don't know for sure. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Important feature for Oval racing: strobe light show at the end ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

It would be great if Reiza includes this on board engine sound effect (like Porsche in the last minutes of the video) in all the cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

Can we PLEASE get a current 2021-22 Indy car added to the game?
    Its a shame that AMS2 clearly have the Best Road America, Watkins Glen and especially Long Beach tracks in sim racing and not have the current Ultimate car that race there!
    (you can just do the road car and skip the speedway car since you only have Daytona and Indy doesn't race there)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Chadd Lowe

Chadd Lowe New Member

Loving the new 1.3.8.2 update. I love the new tire physics and the track pack. For the cordoba track, would it be possible to have cones blocking the other layouts? It gets confusing when being on the track seeing the other layouts and nothing really directing you. Thank you for all your hard work

• Like Like x 4
  8. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ovals are coming in the Racing USA Part 3 pack. WWT/Gateway, where IndyCar and NASCAR both race, will be one of the tracks included in the pack.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

Well then...
    the Gen3 USA car is just not the same as the new "Gen4" cars. And with the new tire physics it does not grip as well. I lost 2 10ths off my Road America time. You also cannot downshift as fast with the gen 3 as you can with the new Indy Cars. you can drop from 6 to 2 almost as fast as you can blink. check out Romain Groseans onboard video at Road America.

10. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We use AMS2 for league racing and have a team live-streaming using the broadcaster and director roles.
    To make AMS2 great for streaming, would be the facility to use the replay system during the race, allowing you to select individual cars and rewind, slow motion and replay, like a DVR with multiple angles.

11. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Mid race saves. If that was done I'd love to do some longer races off line.

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. MJV_1973

MJV_1973 finnish ed AMS2 Club Member

Could you check wheel slip telemetry because seems it´s very weak at AMS2 compared to games like iRacing and ACC.
    So at curve when you loose grip it would be nice to properly feel it with buttkicker and motion rig.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Mack518

Mack518 New Member

would love to be able move the "invalidated lap" pop up while in vr, it always manages to be in my line of sight and it cant be moved out of the way.

Also a full track map please, I understand its available through addons but I deleted assetto because im tired of 20 mods and apps needed to make it complete. I dont want to go down that road w ams2 its nearly perfect on its own imo.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Full Pace

Full Pace Full Pace Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Hey guys!

After the last updates everybody told me I should give AMS another shot and I gotta say I really like it! Keep up the good work!

The only downer for me are HUD elements. I wish I could turn off most of the notifications like best lap, flags etc. It really breaks the immersion. I prefer Simhub Dashboards on external screens. The only two things I need are penalties and pit stop countdowns. So if you would make them available for simhub would be even better but allow us to disable all the message cluttering would be a nice start. cheers

• Like Like x 1
  15. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

You can switch as many off as you like. When in race weekend, go to Options/HUD.There you can adjust the HUD the way you like and switch all off. Press "Save" and it is done.

20220718082216_1.jpg

20220718082226_1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Please Reiza, finally add more garage spots to Spielberg Historic. On the track back then, there were much more cars racing than just 20.
    1974 GP: 31 cars in qualifying, 25 in race.
    1977: 30/26
    1983: 29/26
    1986: 26/26

In AMS 1, there are 32 pit spots on this track. :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Full Pace

Full Pace Full Pace Simracing AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, i think that every track should be able to fit 32 cars for online at least, possibly some virtual ones, but it is quite annoying that when you want to setup a lobby to race in whole night, you need to consider which tracks you want to run and adjust the amount of people allowed in the lobby accordingly

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Ah, just saw, that you can only switch off the basic HUD elements.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

When doing a custom championship, you also must consider the amount of garages on several tracks when it comes to the number of opponents and it is not possible to do a full grid championship on original tracks with several cars.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1