1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Licensing

2. RacingAtHome

RacingAtHome New Member

Based on Game Build: Current
    Request Title: Increase availablility of cars in a few classes
    Description: Going through Wikipedia, I've noticed for full-time cars, there are some teams who have to step aside from their representation. For example, in Formula USA Gen 2, skin creators have elected to move a Walker Racing car into a Reynard Ford because there aren't enough models available for the Reynard Hondas. Of course, the ideal solution to this would be to implement a system where we could add car models ourselves for the mods we can add and that's a separate issue. I collated some sheets which visualise exactly what I mean using the 1995 IndyCar and 1998/2000 CART seasons.
    1995 IndyCar
    Untitled.png

This season is the one with the most issues. Although I appreciate the space available for the Penske Mercedes in both the Reynard and the Lola, the other cars is where the issue comes up. With not enough Lola Fords available, modders have to make a decision which teams they include which makes this difficult. When only looking at the full time cars, there are 9 to go into 5 slots. In the IndyCar 1995 pack, the modder decided to omit my favourite team in Coyne. (Or Payton/Coyne as they were known as at the time.)
    1998 CART
    CART98.png

The relative lack of part time entries make this season a bit simpler and I think Reiza did a better job. Although there are only 26 cars, there are concessions made already. For example, Penske is able to slot in to be a Lola team fairly easily with the Arnd Meier #77. The Reynard Mercedes and Honda are the only slots missing cars meaning modders are moving cars to other models like missing out on a Coyne car. (Can you tell I'm a fan?)
    2000 CART
    CART2K.png

This is easily the best collection of the lot. There are actually more cars than needed. Although it's frustrating that some teams have to move models, it's not the end of the world and there are extra cars on top. I even get an extra Coyne livery to drive.
    This isn't an issue localised entirely within Formula USA with Formula Reiza only having 20 cars when 24 cars ran in 2011 and 2012.
    Benefits: Modders can more accurately recreate seasons the cars feature in such as IndyCar 1995, CART 1998 and 2000. Hopefully, Reiza will look towards real-life recreations to ensure they have the right amount of cars needed. If Formula USA 2022 has engines, that would need to be looked at more closely with the Honda and Chevrolet.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

I would love to see the mythical Volkswagen SP1 being added to Copa Classics. Or maybe the VW SP2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. Gianmarco Fiduci

Gianmarco Fiduci Member

Based on Game Build: 1.3.8.xxx
    Request Title: Replay improvements

Description: I’d like to see a better replay system, with the new main feature of having the “status bar” of the replay length being selectable. Instead of having to click on the 10x arrows we would be able to immediately access a certain point of the replay.
    Secondly, replays right now go back just one lap, or in the case of longer laps, even less.
    It would be great to have an accessible full session replay.

• Like Like x 2
  5. rmagid1010

In the VW Virtus class, all of the drivers shift via telepathy. The gear lever is set into the PARK position. I recommend that the gear lever be moved into the sequential position (marked 'S', so fully back and to the right), and make the driver use it to shift gears. Also it would be good if the lever went into the reverse position if you try and reverse the car.

upload_2022-8-20_16-36-35.png

Also;

• The hazard lights dont activate when abs activates (cred: @Shriukan )
    • Rear windscreen wipers dont work on the polo models
    • The foglights are on by default in the normal polo, and the daytime running lights dont work on the normal polo either.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jaime DC

Jaime DC New Member

Based on Game Build: Current
    Request Title: LowFuelMotorsport.com integration

Description: The community at Low Fuel Motorsport | Sim Racing Team and Community have more or less made it redundant to play iRacing for GT3s with an amazing community-driven safety and elo rating using ACC. They have expressed that they've been looking to add rF2 into the mix, but haven't been successful.

If AMS2 became the option to drive Open Wheelers, Prototypes, etc. on the service, I'm 100% sure that a lot of their members would join those championships.

Benefits: The sim would receive an already working competitive ranked matchmaking mode without the devs having to do anything other than work with the LFM guys to ensure compatibility.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Would love flags and boards flashing like RF2 , adds to the immersion greatly.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mohnsen

Mohnsen Member

Ability to race with more than 31 opponents

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mohnsen

Mohnsen Member

AI driver switches (e.g. for GT races)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mohnsen

Mohnsen Member

Possibility to add more liveries (not only replace)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

"Track Day" mode like AC, so I can do laps around Nordschleife, constantly passing slightly slower traffic.

Why not just play AC you say, because AMS2 runs better for me in VR that AC.

12. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Just set up a long practice session. Or join my Touristenfahrten server online.

13. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

Wind Speeds higher than 50km/h, (I may have learned that was the limit by trying to race in a hurricane)

14. rmagid1010

this already exists, you can find this in the 'in car menu' to swap to an ai driver when you pit

15. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like to be able to assign the sequential gear shift separately, in addition to the paddle shifters.

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. projupiter

projupiter Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree. You could use joytokey as a workaround i think.

17. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Request: Add "year" to car info. Both real and fictional cars.

I don't know very much about motorsport history. Sometimes I get confused if a certain car + historical track combo would be possible. Or maybe I dunno exactly what year this "Formula Vintage Gen 2" is representing.
    Adding "year" to car info would a small addition but that would be greatly appreciated.

Example:

upload_2022-8-24_4-22-32.png

upload_2022-8-24_4-23-22.png

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Would even be great if you could race 31 opponents on all tracks. On some, you just can choose 19.

19. Mohnsen

Mohnsen Member

I mean driver switches for AI opponents...

20. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Is possible for AMS2 to have engine swap as with GT7? Maybe tyres swap?