1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Zsozsa

Zsozsa Member AMS2 Club Member

I disagree. What you mentioned that is part of the show even if it is painful. But a serious sim doesn't need this function or at least it can be turned off by the host.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

With a limited tire allocation for a race weekend, I would like to see some pit strategy proposals that we could select.
    Speaking of pits, I'd also like to see a pit entry line as well (like a racing line option). Thanks.

3. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Could there be a delay between the time you press the button and your car be delivered back to the track, as if you ask for racing support team to push you back. Even if it's not allowed in most of pro leagues, could be a game design solution. But the right this was to punish those who do takedown.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Adam Bodorkos

Adam Bodorkos New Member

Please, please make my Lobby settings persistent and unchanged after I join someone else's Lobby. I know the settings I prefer (and would always use, with just some minor tweaks like track, car and weather).

It's so tiresome to have every single setting change, and then having to reset them all to my preferences. It makes me not want to host anything, because this is just so frustrating.

If anyone has a solution, even if just some external script or something, please let me know...

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Not sure if this has already been stated...

But I can't find where to map buttons the fuel mappings or engine modes on anything bar the KERS systems... I can understand the focus on KERS, but fuel maps/engine modes are an important part of many racing series and would really add that extra level of immersion as you race like they did in a lot of cars represented in AMS2...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

I would like to have race start position in championship menu when I skip qualifying session as present in quick race

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

It would be nice if we could disable Motion Blur and Depth of Field in replay mode.
    Even with a 3080Ti can be a struggle to keep the replay stable without dropped frames and occasional stutter.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. DayrFile

DayrFile Member

User definable BOP Groups: With the vast amount of cars available, it would be nice if users could define groups, where they put various cars which roughly match (so not multiclass). Then the user would fine-tune the boost power and weights for the individual cars. At the end you'd have a nice group of competitive cars to create a championship with. Even nicer: a possibility to exchange those group definitions like liveries or custom AI files.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Jodurson

Jodurson Member

I think, implement of DLSS and FSR is a must have features for 2-4K resolutions.
    And finally really need a normal camera from the hood.

• Like Like x 2
  10. thealexmill

thealexmill New Member

As someone who likes to mess about with Photo Mode, the ability to save preferred filter settings would be amazing. That way you can have one saved for vintage shots, modern shots, whatever you wish.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. mist3rf0ur

mist3rf0ur Member

I would also like to see DLSS and FSR added as an option in-game. It would be helpful when I race in 4k on a TV, for those with triples and VR users as well. Currently using the VRperfkit by fholger but I can only imagine the performance boost of using DLSS 2.0+ and FSR 2.0 in it's place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. hb22

hb22 Member

Also vote for DLSS- given we aren't focusing on tiny text (like in a flight sim) the results might be very good especially for VR

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. TH_Sharpshooter

TH_Sharpshooter New Member

An overtake button for both the Formula Ultimate would be awesome. As for technical stuff, DLSS would be sweet. 4K would be even smoother than it is already. Love you, Reiza devs! <3

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

Generally speaking DLSS is horrible for VR, because it applies an anti-aliasing effect. Due to VR using a different image for left/right eye, this causes the image to be perceived as a blur-fest.

Not only that, but it's not easy to implement because it requires training the system. The effort/value for VR is v.poor IMHO, look at ACC. Everyone uses FSR if they use either. I think you'd need to turn the resolution way up to minimize the blur and then you're losing the benefit of using it at all.

FSR with MSAA works quite well (this is what I use in OpenXR), the MSAA in combination with FSR doesn't seem to blur the image like DLSS (for reasons I cannot explain given the nature of MSAA). But you will still get shimmering on wire fencing and the Madness Engine has particularly bad shimmering on night races on the back of the cars in front.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
  15. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

I agree with ya, as MP on AMS2 allows for some bu77-heads (because there is no real iRacing / LFM monitoring) getting punted has a much higher probability of happening. Ultimately this will deter users from using MP at all. Allowing the option would be nice, as extra configuration is often a nice middleground for those in private groups/leagues etc.

16. hb22

hb22 Member

I think DLSS works pretty well in VR in Microsoft flight simulator, the only places it is too blurry is on the tiny numbers on glass cockpit displays, which I don't think would be an issue in a racing game, for me at least

17. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

I haven't played MSFS so I'll take your word for it. It's pretty unpopular with ACC though (in VR at least).

18. hb22

hb22 Member

Now I think about it I am thinking just of the image quality, I actually have no idea how it copes with fast motion!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Saffaboy

Saffaboy New Member

Hi,
    Please, please, please can you create a slider on the vehicle select menu. Scrolling with a mouse wheel is really painful. A slider would make life so much easier.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

The photo mode could really use an internal super-resolution upscaler - Instead of rendering the frames at your native resolution, you'd have the option of rendering it at 2x, 4x or even 8x. This really helps with people with low end graphics cards or people that play on lower resolutions to still get a really good shot regardless of their settings (like from 1080p to 4K upscaled). Used this feature a bunch on the Assetto Corsa Content Manager and it was a complete game changer, would love to see it here too!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3