1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I only race on VR, but as I said I do use a wireless keyboard over my lap and I can find the numpad buttons easily through touch (there is a little notch on the 5, from there you can pretty easily figure out where the other buttons are).

I think assigning buttons is a better workaround than ingame menu navigation, unless there is a better way to navigate through menus.

2. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

VoiceAttack software is great for macros, button and voice commands.. It's cheap and available on Steam...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. kodnin

kodnin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It would be nice to also specify the tyre pressures for the upcoming pit stop. The in-car-menu, once improved, would be perfectly fine (for me at least) to do this as well.

At first I'd stay away from a menu that needs to be paused, as the solution to this problem (a better in-car-menu) could then also be used for multiplayer sessions.

And then, the end-game, could be a menu that could be controlled by a single player (while pausing) or in multiplayer (by another team member), along with driver swap. The in-car-menu is still needed for multiplayer sessions with one driver per car.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Yes, absolutely. This is a must have for Endurance racing

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

No reason this simple to use list or something similar could not pop-up with depress of a "pit strategy" button...scroll down to pick what you want and done. Anything more complex could be done with a sub-menu. The issue is that we need to get to this list with one click, not navigating through menus that are poorly designed even if you are able to pause and fiddle with them while NOT trying to drive at the same time.

A list that addresses the 90% or 95% of the most common pit requests is fine with me. May need to be split into three simple areas: tires; fuel; damage. And remember, we should only have to access this when the pre-set (or default) pit strategy is no longer appropriate due to some conditions change in the race.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

...and aero / weight balance change, four till five areas.
    I think the solution of NR2003 season was quite good, simple and clear. Just arrows keys and space bar and you could define which tires to change, changing tire pressure, how much fuel (canisters) to add, repairing damage, doing balance change, add or remove tape. OK, I don't know how VR works, it seems to be a little bit different. Aren't you able to use keyboard? Only the buttons at the controller? Hm.., that's less. Maybe there should be two ways for handle, one special for VR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Coanda

I noticed you can move left/right on the first ctrl+k. This can be done with keys Q & E in this mode...

• Like Like x 1
  8. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Based on Game Build: 1.0.2.0
    Request Title: Ability to set the end timer of a race in multiplayer hosted lobby
    Description: I would like to be able to change the end timer in the race settings menu. This would come into effect after the leader crosses the finishline in a hosted multiplayer race. It would be nice if people that are 1 or 2 laps down can cross the finishline before the timer runs out. Right now the timer is fixed (ala PCars2). Perhaps the ability to set it between 1 to 5 minutes would be really good. Games like Forza allow you to do that.
    Benefits: People a lap or 2 down can also cross the finishline before the race timer expires. Also when hosting multiclass races, the slower class will also be able to battle to the finishline before the timer expires.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Coanda

Request Title: Ability to tag vehicles and tracks as favorites and filter them on the Ui selection..
    Benefits: All

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Coanda

Request Title: Vehicles with racelogic (ie. G58 P2) give the ability to scroll the various info display. I believe racelogic can show lap times, delta, stint time, splits etc.. The G58 currently shows the lap time.
    Benefits: All

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

There is a setting in Options to assign a button for the Motec LCD. I wonder if that is for the Racelogic display as well?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Coanda

Nah that is for the main LCD display. RL is separate..

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Request Title: Ability to control level of allowed tuning in multiplayer hosted lobby
    Description: I would like request a feature where the multiplayer host can enable or disable parts of the tuning options in the race settings menu.

Instead of the only options being "Open" or "Fixed" tuning. Perhaps create 3 options. "Open", "Fixed" and "Partial". Selecting "Partial" will provide a series of check boxes under that, which allow control of car tuning you want the drivers to have access to, while blocking others (greyed out). Eg: The check boxes could be tires, suspension, diff, gear/transmission, engine and brakes.

Eg: If you select "Partial" tuning in the multiplayer menu and check "tires", it allows all the participants to use the fixed setups but allows the tires to be picked and tire pressure to be modified by the players before the race. That way racers can pick their own tire strategy while still being limited to the stock tune on a vehicle.

Eg: If you select "tires" and "suspension" it allows, the drivers to start with the standard setups and modify the tires and suspension settings for that race. Either way, selecting "Partial" can allow the racers to start with the standard setup and modify only those parameters allowed by the race admin before the race.

If "Partial" is not selected and "Fixed" or "Open" is selected, the check boxes can be greyed out.

Benefits: This will provide limited amount of tuning to multiplayer races without opening the full can of worms to those that aren't seasoned tuners. I mean, even when most people go to trackdays, they can set their alignment before the track day and adjust the tire pressures to adjust for track conditions before they start driving. Even something as simple as tire pressures can be a huge tuning tool when a car needs some help.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like to see the ability to set qualy fuel load in the car setup screen. That way there is no need to take fuel out and put it back in before and after q.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Coanda

Request Title: Sort by class on vehicle list view.
    Description: I really like the new list view within the vehicle selection Ui. It would be nice to be able to sort by class which would be sort by class | name..

In addition it would also be nice to keep in memory that this is the preferred selection view on return.
    Untitled.pngams2_car_selection_ui_liost_view.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ChuckieG

ChuckieG New Member

Track Day mode would be a nice addition. Like in AC accessible through CM(basically test day mode with AI on track).

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Apologies if this has already been requested .
    Would like the option to disable certain weather conditions from the random weather selection . Don't know if it's just me being unlucky but 9 out of ten times I select a random weather slot I seem to get a thunderstorm !
    Just doesn't seem very random to me .
    Thanks .

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Coanda

Thunderstorms are just for candy. They serve very little purpose in a Sim as they are red flag conditions..

19. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Coanda

That is rain/heavy rain.. Not electrical thunderstorms found in the game..