1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Spa Classic must have a free roaming update. The road accesses are there... inviting you to explore... but, them, invisible wall. No more invisible walls, plox!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Yonky

Yonky New Member

Buttons for random car and random track!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hweaton

Hweaton New Member

Request Title: Hide halo (or at least halo bar) on Formula Ultimate cars
    Description: Make an option to make the halo bar transparent (like in iRacing), or invisible altogether (like in the official F1 games), or the entire halo for a more classic feel. There could even be "Formula Ultimate Gen 2 - No halo" as a separate car within that category so you could get locked out if it if a league wants to run with it on, similar to the Formula Vee vs Formula Vee - Fin.
    Benefits: Visibility for those not running in VR, and slightly better visibility for those in VR.

P.S. If modern Indycars get added, please do the same for those.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I would like to renew my request for Pikes Peak with this video:

5. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

In AMS1 there's a Formula Ultimate 2017 model (without halo) and a Formula Ultimate 2018 model (with halo). Maybe they could do something similar in AMS2, have the current model with halo and add another model without halo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hopefully just a clear or transparent pillar, not remove the whole halo :)

7. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Is there any halo visual solution in PCARS2? Maybe it's an engine limitation, as with the player can't choose manually what aero pack to drive.

8. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

The 2017 version was based on the F1 model of the same year - which was the last year the cars didn't have the HALO. So no, the early F-Ultimate that FS7 proposed to be added to AMS2 should not have a HALO.

Besides, this has been requested since the early days of AMS2, and since it's also historically relevant to show the evolution from pre-HALO to the newer cars, I find it somewhat baffling it hasn't been added to the sim yet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Iirc none of the open-wheelers in PCars2 has halo, Formula X has aeroscreen, Indycars have 2 models: road course & oval.
    Reiza has recently added low-downforce models of some cars, so I don't think having a F-Ultimate model without halo would be an issue.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Elcid43

Elcid43 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree, was only speaking of the Formula Ultimate G2.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zabam1

Zabam1 New Member

I don't know if this has been proposed yet but I think the opportunity to create a multiplayer championship with AI and Real Player could be really beneficial.
    With this small Player groups would get the opportunity to have full size grid races even if they are driving unpopular car/track combos. And the biggest benefit would be that the result of an online race wouldn't just vanish into the ether since there is no cumulative point scoring system over several races chained together. Right now you have one race at a time with no connection to the next one and you have no real incentive to stay in the lobby for multiple races in a row.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would like a F1V8 circa 06 to 09 to fill the gap between the FV10 G2 and the Formula Reiza. Also a Super Gt500 equivalent, I think they could be quite popular.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. STV_Robin

STV_Robin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Adding to the 2017 type Formula Ultimate and Formula V8 (06-08) requests mentioned above, I'd like the 2014-2016 type F1 car that was in AMS1 (I think it was called Formula Extreme or something) to make a return.

• Like Like x 2
  14. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Request: Manual starting grid feature for lobby host.

Benefits: Many leagues have had issues with game crashes, drivers getting booted, or hardware issues causing the whole group to need to restart a lobby. Being able to reset the grid ourselves would save a lot of time without having to resort to random grid. Also, it would allow leagues to run more creative forms of success ballast like reverse grid, grid penalties, or championship order.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

After playing a little rF2 yesterday and today, I'll finally avoid to play this game. rF2 has natural physics but in terms of replays, graphics and especially FFB (non power-assisted cars are ridiculous for me) is very bad. One good thing that would be great to see in AMS2 is the physics in gravel and grass surfaces, rF2 feels very good when you lose control and slides in these types of surfaces.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Can you please explain why you believe the graphics in RF2 are better. I believe the complete opposite of you

17. Pink_Stripes

Pink_Stripes New Member

I'll second this. Especially the ability to create multi-race sessions with reverse grid. It would be extremely helpful to small communities organizing events and leagues.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain well (bad English). I mean that rF2 has natural physics but poor graphics, replays quality and FFB. AMS2 for me is better in all the aspects, but it would be great if Reiza can improve the physics when we are out of track, in gravel and grass surfaces. :p

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

They will probably do that when the Adrenaline pack is released. Come back in a few months and then We will see

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

DLSS !

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1