1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Sir_Anth

Sir_Anth New Member

Request: radar improvement for VR.
    Problem: In VR the radar seems to be to much to the front, it should be pushed further back or the Left-right eye render should be closer together.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. From33to77

From33to77 New Member

I would say not only power, but we got to start somewhere. Edit overall physics of the cars. From engine to gearing to aerodynamic performances. It would be wonderful. Even if it's basic with sliders to overall adjust each cars characteristics.

However for licensed cars this would not be possible.

3. STV_Robin

STV_Robin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree with Le Mans, it is the only triple crown track missing. But I also think especially the Hungaroring, Paul Ricard, Magny Cours, Mexico City but also Zandvoort and Barcelona-Catalunya for example would still be very popular even outside of F1 as they are or have been used by so many other racing series. Plus lots of them also have different historic layouts and historic racing is one of the biggest strengths of AMS2 so I think DLCs including these tracks would also sell very well and add to the game brillantly on an overall level.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Amazes me how AMS2 still a very beautiful game, even compared to newer games, as Gran Turismo 7. But there is one and only one thing that is disgusting and don't match with the rest of the package.

Please, Reiza, remake the windshield rain effects... because, actually, it just feels like a PS2 game.

Abração!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

I feel like I'm going cross-eyed trying to look at the radar in VR (I put it over the steering wheel when the HUD is enabled so I can glance down if needed.)

6. Marg

Marg Active Member

I would add that it would be necessary to make an cooldown lap in qualify session also. Because I was finishing my qualify session, crossing S/F line, when time ran out. But other AI's still did not finish lap. I waited 1 minute after that - car was auto controlled with standings on screen, and then a couple of drivers improved my lap time, as track was drying, so it was OK after that, but game should have waited until all AI's finish their lap. Track was Spa 1970, so it was a long lap, and it matters in this case.
    P.S. And on the other side - when race finishes game could also show at that moment "A.Senna has won a race". Like it is alsready in qualify session "N.Mansell has set the fastest lap".

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Rather than a feature request, this is more of a change request.

Can the menus that choose tyre wear/fuel acceleration etc be moved to the race set up menu where you choose time& weather?

Sometimes I want to change the tyre and fuel acceleration based on the race I'm doing and not globally.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  8. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

I know that the pit lane speed limit is hard - imposed for all cars and all series, but I wish there was a way/option to disable it sometimes. When racing with 1980s-to-early-1990s cars, I wanna just blast in and out of the pits like they used to. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

200kph isn't too bad when it comes to speeding out of the pits... Still makes getting into your pit box interesting enough... lol

10. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

some classes with only one car model only have 20 cars like Opala 1979, Opala 1986 and stock Omega 1999. They look a bit like classic Nascars but with only 20 cars, hard to deceive. Please increase these classes to 30 cars. Thanks.
    If you could add 1 or 2 extra ovals even fictitious configured like Miami or Charlotte or Bristol...that would be great.

11. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Some more ovals would be nice. Can be fantasy tracks if there are license problems.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Custom championship.
    Having race options available in all modes.
    Example: currently there is no option in custom championship for proper multi class scoring....it just scores the entire field as one.
    Yet it's available in single race and multiplayer?
    It would also be nice to have the race presets available too...ex. DPI + GTE + GT3

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. deCarrera

deCarrera Member

Will the Camaro GTR4 ever have more that 5 available livery slots?
    I seemed to think that number was already increased but there are still only five slots when I run the game.

14. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Came across this piece of Australian motorsport history in a thread from the PC2 forum, it would make a great fit in AMS2.
    Clockwise oval racing anyone?

It would fit well if we get any 80s-90s classic racing cars for Bathurst 83

15. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Also some car shouldn't have pit speed limiters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

You can set the limit up to 200 km/h since latest update. Unfortunately, it does not work in championship mode yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Marg

Marg Active Member

Yes, it's just 37...

18. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Oh really I never knew this. How can it be done?

19. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

In the rules of your race. Where you can set flag rules and warnings.

20. Kegetys

Kegetys New Member

Some quality of life requests:
    - Button to toggle virtual mirror on/off (I need it in some cars but would like to turn it off when I see the mirrors properly)
    - Allow binding two buttons to all actions in the controls section, now only some have that ability for some reason. (I have a rim with no buttons, I'd like to bind some actions like lights & hud also to keyboard keys or a button box as alternative when driving with that rim)
    - Maybe longer press of the hud page cycle button could turn the hud on/off, as an alternate to cycling through every page.
    - Controls indicator in the corner of the main menu to check my pedals and wheel are working correctly before entering a race.
    - Indicator in the race setup menu for sun + moon position/phase and ambient temperature.
    - Option to turn off all the background sounds while in the race menus. Listening to a constant helicopter or drone noise when doing setups is very tiring (I had to turn those environment sounds off completely)
    - Pressing an already bound control in the controls menu should highlight the currently bound action in it.
    - Restart session in hotlapping mode shouldn't erase my lap/sector times history.
    - Allow moving the VR near plane further away than 0.1, the suit neck collar comes into view in some cars.
    - The VR head-cursor should not be active when AMS 2 is not the active window, when I alt-tab out of the game the head cursor thing takes over my desktop mouse. Also keyboard arrow keys navigation does not seem to disable it unlike wheel button navigation.
    - Adjustment for the VR main menu plane size, distance and curvature. (I think its way too close and big currently)

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2