1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

upload_2023-2-4_16-10-11.png

2. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry, I don't give much attention to ACC and I really don't know any further about ACC setup.
    As I can see by the figure it is a direct comparison of DFs. Rear is 65% of its max and Front is 60% of its max, given in total, the rear is 6% stronger than the front. That car ramps.

3. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I'd also like some of the features within ACC that help with set up further...

But I would also like the telemetry info screen to include drag figures, downforce figures and bottoming out figures... So more people can tweak their set ups better without needing a telemetry app to tell them those figures... If we have a telemetry page in game as we do it should be as informative as possible..

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I suppose no one would be against more information and graphs to car setup in any sim, and AMS2 isn't an exception.

I really enjoyed GP2/3/4 and F1C setup graphs in the past and also GTR2 with its MoteC integration. Maybe one day in AMS2. But now it is what we have here.

It make me think about how vast fields of interest a simracing could have. Some folks like to paint liveries and the likes, others like to create new hubs and timetables, some like to develop car mods, and track mods and much more.

I like all of those fields and I also like to drive!
    I don't consider any waste of time those dedicated to setup anything from computer hardware and controls to car setup.
    More than this I do like people diversity!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

I am sure this has been suggested already, but can we please have custom season information stored as .xml files (similar to the custom livery & AI files)? That would be so incredibly helpful in generating multiple custom seasons (including vehicles, event date, location, time, duration, etc.) and sharing them with others.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Two flippant feature requests now that the AI is sophisticated enough to hunt for the slipstream:

1. AI cars flash their headlights at the player from time to time;
    2. When a player looks at another car that is alongside, it would be fun if every now and then the AI driver model turned its head to look at the player. That would be quite something in VR.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pete Richardson

Pete Richardson Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I suppose one request I have relates to a vehicle licence. We do have a Lola chassis within the F-USA package - would a Lola licence extend to cover the T70 and T212 late 60s and 70s sports prototypes so we have some sports cars to run on the historic circuits?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  8. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

I like your optimism, but I'm afraid it's akin to expecting an iRacing rating to transmogrify into a FIA Superlicense!

9. Pete Richardson

Pete Richardson Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I can only ask and dream! :D

• Like Like x 2
  10. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Save midrace or restore from a saved replay like in RF2 would be a nice addition.

• Like Like x 2
  11. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Can we PLEASE get the option to adjust at least these three things when an online server is set to "FORCED DEFAULT SETUPS" ?? These three things change a lot when it comes to just the comfort of driving a car, not the speed at which it drives. So many cars have a terrible default steering lock and also the brake pressure is set way too high leading to constant lock-ups, and adjusting brake bias would help against spinning around based on how people prefer their braking to feel.

Even something like iRacing allows the change of these things in their Fixed Setup races.
    8464746_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

A way to adjust mirrors

13. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

But that is already there ? In the options menu.

14. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Seconded...

It's one of the reasons I'll drop out of a lobby... Forced crap defaults... I can sometimes drive them with a brake balance and steering ratio set to my liking... But often I just can't...

15. pipimax007

pipimax007 Member

Maybe more default championships. That would encourage me to try other classes.
    Other race modes: some training tracks with cones, drift tracks (and races, why not!)

16. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Better rain shaders.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And also better SFX when the rain hits the windshield + better wiper/rain animations. Right now it is very generic and feels not realistic.

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. ChasteWand

ChasteWand Member

Please add time acceleration options of 3x, 4x, 8x. There is a big jump between 2x and 5x, 5x and 10x. It would open up more options to enjoy the day/night cycle.

• Agree Agree x 12
  19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A 6 would be good too as a 10 minutes race would equal 1 hour, 20 two hour and so on. A x24 option would also allow a 1 hour race to equal 24 hours. I think that is how to should be done, to align better with hours.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Separated dipped and full beam for headlights, and maybe add separate indicators and rain lights at same time, and a headight flash option

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1