1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. aboe_83

aboe_83 ABOE AMS2 Club Member

Given the number of pages, I haven't scoured the entire thread for this particular suggestion, so it may have already been mentioned:

The ability to select multiple individual cars from the number of car classes permitted, both in SP modes and in MP mode.
    Example: say I create a Custom Championship and want the G58 to race alongside the C8 GTE... currently you can select both of the classes those cars belong to but you will get a random number of each model from each class, with no control over which individual models are included, only how many from each class will compete. This would also be a decent feature to include for multiplayer as well, if say, you wanted to exclude a particular model from a class, or select only certain cars to race with in a two-make or even three-make multiclass race/series, for example the Ginetta G55 GT3, the Porsche GTE and the AJR Honda, for want of a better selection.

I also think it may be worthwhile extending this feature to allow for car Types (e.g. Prototypes/GTs), Time Periods and, perhaps more interestingly, Manufacturers, so that it would be possible to allow for only vehicles from one (or more) car brands to enter a race/championship/session, etc., for example a Porsche Track Day at Nords, or various classes of racing machines built in the 1990's competing at historic Monza.

It seems to me the the filtering system is already in place to do something like the above, given you can search for vehicles by type at the moment, so perhaps this is something that could be 'ported over' to the car selection aspect of things, and not just the search aspect.

I hope this idea resonates with some of you :)

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I would love it if we could choose our helmet before a session, or at least have a way to set a specific default for our profile. I noticed that what helmet you get is basically random, although some seem to show up a lot more than others. There's lots of really great fictional helmets and suits, I would love to mix and match with different cars and liveries. I drive Formula Retro cars a lot, and I see the AI have so many cool helmets but I am almost always stuck with the black and white default with the reflective visor, only sometimes do I spawn in with something different.

Obviously you can assign custom override helmet designs to each car/livery, but I would love to see the default in-game ones be selectable and changeable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yerffej

Yerffej Member

Ok, only one for my Ocd self, the option to remove cars and tracks from the menu, I never use ?

Its an Ocd thing i have.,,,, :whistle:

• Like Like x 2
  4. EverlastingApex

EverlastingApex Procedural Career dev

There's a way to make that work with the custom drivers XML file, just put an entry for the liveries you want, and add the appropriate number of cars for each class, and only those entries will join the race.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. aboe_83

Thank you for the tip, sounds useful :)

Is this something that can be done in MP as well then?

6. aboe_83

Sorry for the double post...

A keybind to remove/display ghost cars during TT (similar to how you can currently remove/display driver names above the cars)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

That won't work for MP unless you are running a server with AI, but I'm not sure if custom AI works online...

8. aboe_83

Hey Scar. Thanks. I guess I was thinking more for selecting invdividual cars for human players for the MP aspect of things, as opposed to AI drivers.

9. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I know... That's a good feature request... There's too many classes with poor BOPs and good cars within them to have fun with...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tornado

Tornado New Member

I don't know if it was mentioned before but P/Q sessions are mess because AI drivers run it without proper stopping in the boxes. I mean AI just run several laps then make a pitstop and straightaway comeback on the track for another run... o_O it is unrealistic behaviour at all and it makes a mess and awfull traffic when you have simultaneously all 20-30 drivers on the track.
    So AI drivers should simulate P/Q sessions properly in realsitic way and return to the pits to stay there for a while

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

100% agree, I think it should not be a a quantum physics dilemma difficulty to do it. I am not a programmer though, so someone that knows better could shut me up and put me in my place :p

It would be pretty cool to have some AI do some long runs while other do qualy simulations and when in the pits they stay for some minutes randomnly before going out again.

• Like Like x 5
  12. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

+1 - I'd love to see the quali behaviour in particular made a little smarter. E.g.:
    - AI on out/in laps take extreme avoiding action to stay out of the way of others on a hot lap.
    - AI on out laps try to create a gap to the car in front before starting hot lap(s)
    - AI aim to do a certain number of laps (based on session length, or tire sets available if/when that is implemented) and spread them out across the session based on strategy/conditions/traffic, instead of just running relentlessly with race pit stops.
    - AI don't exit pits to start a run if they won't have time to complete their out lap

And while we're talking about qualifying - I'd also love to see more quali rule options to facilitate recreating various real/historic qualification formats, e.g.:
    - One car at a time quali for x laps (like at Indy ovals, or F1 in 2003)
    - Lap-limited quali (e.g. 12 laps max)
    - Two quali sessions (like F1 in the past)
    - Elimination quali (like F1/IndyCar)
    - Grouped quali (like IndyCar)
    - More cars in quali than max race grid size (i.e. like when F1 had DNQs, Indy bump day)
    - Pre-qualifying where there more entrants than pit boxes (like F1 in late '80s-early'90s)
    - Aggregated qualifying (from two sessions)
    - Quali fuel (and/or tires) must be used to start the race

I'm sure I am forgetting some, but you get the idea -

Maybe I'm being optimistic again :whistle:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Tornado

Tornado New Member

not working for me...for example I want to create custom F3 championship only with F309 model (it's faster car than F301) and I have custom liveries for it with legendary F1 drivers from the past. Your advice doesn't work for me. I still get random grid with both F309 and F301 cars.
    you are too optimistic :D

14. jusk

jusk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't really use championships much because they are quite limited... if it was just for a single race you can just set opponents to to "Identical" instead of "Same Class" in the opponents setting. You'll be limited to 16 opponents though (the number of F309 car/livery slots), or 11 for the F301. But that option does not seem to be in the Championship mode, which is odd.

I think you could possibly still do it with a custom AI file though. E.g. make a custom AI file with 16 opponents only (with the relevant F309 livery names specified), make sure to select 16 opponents in the championship. It should only include extra random F301s if you include more than 16 opponents - but I haven't tested that in championship mode.

15. Hweaton

Hweaton New Member

Request Title: Set fuel usage to x1.5 as an option.
    Description: Addition of x1.5 fuel burn instead of having to run x1 or x2 (or greater).
    Benefits: This allows for more opportunities with different tire wear settings so fuel burn or tire wear can run in conjunction instead of one always being the dominant reason to have to pit.

I imagine the tire wear physics will change slightly in the 1.5 update, however as of now the tires really don't start to be noticeably slower until after they've run down past 0% life, thus the need for this setting as x3 tire wear still doesn't seem like enough to force people to pit more than once or use harder compound tires (when available).

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. RnageyRover

RnageyRover Member AMS2 Club Member

Request Title: Send sound to more than one soundcard output
    Description: Allow the sim to route in game sound to more than 1 output
    Benefits: Allows shakers to be driven from in game sound without using an external software splitter like Voicemeeter or similar, which introduce significant latency, in the order of 200ms

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Request: Allow adjustment of weather slot duration, ideally on a per-slot basis, and possibly add more weather slots as well.
    Sub-request: Also add a duration variability setting to allow for more or less deviation from the set average duration per slot.
    Benefit: Adding this option would allow for setting up races with very long or very short extreme weather changes without messing with the rate of precipitation, which is currently the case when accelerated weather is used. This feature would be very useful for having shorter races with multiple weather changes, like short rain showers.
    Also adding a configurable variability setting - ideally per slot - could increase or decrease the level of randomness for more or less surprising weather changes and pave the way for more interesting strategies.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wondering if rear view radars could ever be possible

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

More game modes ? As it is, it is all centered around Lap Racing or Time Racing How about stuff like:

- Elimination Race - Adjust X amount of minutes and / or Y amount of seconds after which countdowns start, the driver in the last current spot is DQ'd and sent into the pits.
    Would be cool for short 10 minute races, maybe an extra setting like "Last 5 drivers running will not go through elimination and will finish the race", or even that could be adjusted to how many could finish a race.

- Team Race - Host of the server selects between 2 to 4 teams, by selecting 4 liveries of the specific car, each team having one livery. At the end of the race (whether time or laps) you would see on the leaderboard which team scored the most points (would require point system options like what Wreckfest offers)

- Hot Pursuit - Timed or Lap race, X number of drivers are robbers while Y are set as cops, the cops need to ram the robbers off the track and wreck their cars before they reach the end of the race and cops can also call roadblocks plus chopper support if alright this one is just me pulling your legs but was curious if you thought i was serious.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yoyoyo they can’t add police to the game! If they do they can’t get a certain Japanese manufacturer license cuz hur dur illegal street racing in video games hur dur /s

• Funny Funny x 3