1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Wastelander

Wastelander New Member

So the game has this awesome feature where if you press ctrl+k you can move your camera freely and adjust it perfectly to your liking, but the issue is that it resets every time you start a new session. Please make it so you can save your camera view and don't have to adjust it every time .

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Now that AMS2 is reaching quite a nice state of maturity, my suggestion/request would be to revisit some of the older cars and tracks to bring them up to the standard of the newer content, so the likes of the old AMS1 cars, which drive very nicely indeed, could have some more detailed 3D models, new liveries etc
    As for tracks, I think a look at the overall pitlane detail and number of scenery models would really enhance that part of the sim. I can see that in 2015 we needed to keep details like that in check, but hardware is a bit more capable these days, so an extra level of pitlane track detail would be most welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Can you give an example?

4. Tex

Tex New Member

Option to disable or move the chat, on a single monitor with correct fov its constantly blocking the apexes on left handers.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is the sort of thing I'm thinking. Early/AMS1 car:
    ss211858.jpg
    ss212003.jpg
    Compared to more recent content
    ss213012.jpg
    ss213058.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Deano

Deano New Member AMS2 Club Member

Feature: Add Ignition State to Shared Memory.

Hi, now that there's manual engine start support from the pits (turn on ignition, then start the car). Would it be possible to please add the ignition state to the shared memory?
    We could then have better control of dashboards / overlays and button box lighting etc via Simhub, to know if the cars ignition is on or off. :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Simhub has a calculated EnginIgnitionOn value that I was using, but it seems to have stopped working.
    In shared memory, one of the bits in CarFlags is CAR_ENGINE_ACTIVE, but this seems to be permanently set.
    The value I would like to see also shared is the Game time of day.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. ChasteWand

ChasteWand Member

Game time of day must be assessable somewhere as the Z1 software can display it on dashboards.

9. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I totally agree, but I can't find it anywhere.

I ran a real time 24hr race, and it was a real problem not actually knowing what time of day it was unless I paused the game.

10. omni

omni New Member

Sorry if it was already demanded before, but very userfull feature will be 2 race top 8 reverse grid format. Race07 has it aswell as Raceroom. It's so cool for not so long races with AI aswell for Multiplayer. It motivates to fight hard for higher place as you can in 1st race, and in second race you should try hard too, because you can get some overal points at the total table.
    In public lobbies folks moustly playing short races from 5 to 10 laps 90% of the time. So if, for example, you was crashed by somebody and often have no chance to get good place. With this system you will be motivated to continue racing to get good result. I think 2 race 5 laps will be much more interesting and fun than 10 laps 1 race.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Artem Kiriakin

Artem Kiriakin New Member

Wrong branch, sorry

12. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Randomized start coordinates.

Currently all cars start in a perfectly straight line. This looks a bit odd during replays and would look more realistic if the x and y positions were varied slightly for every car, just like they would be in a multiplayer race with a manual grid formation.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. jandrovi

jandrovi New Member

I donĀ“t know if it has been requested earlier, but would be great to have a benchmark test (gameplay controlled by AI), to test different graphical settings in the same conditions so we can adjust all parameters and see how FPS is affected.

Just like Assetto Corsa has with Content Manager.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

"Time scale" increasing should have easy to understand examples. I had to write down my own math to understand how much time would pass in the race itself. Examples:

15 minute event, 10x speed, dividided by 60 minutes = 2,5 hours in-game time
    30 minute event, 60x speed, dividided by 60 minutes = 30 hours in-game time
    45 minute event, 10x speed, dividided by 60 minutes = 7,5 hours in-game time
    45 minute event, 30x speed, divided by 60 minutes = 22,5 hours in-game time
    60 minute event, 25x speed, divided by 60 minutes = 25 hours in-game time
    60 minute event, 30x speed, divided by 60 minutes = 30 hours in-game time
    120 minute event, 10x speed, divided by 60 minutes = 20 hours in-game time
    120 minute event, 15x speed, divided by 60 minutes = 30 hours in-game time

Or if that would be too many numbers make the game have an in-game calculator which will tell you "At this setting X amount of in-game hours will pass"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Rather than remove - IMPROVE IT ! There should be lower clouds but they need to be done properly, not spinning so weirdly around the player position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. projupiter

projupiter Member AMS2 Club Member

When selecting start date\time of race, it should show you roughly the position of the sun, eg sunrise, sunset etc maybe 3 or 4 different icons. Sometimes I want to start a race at dawn or sunset but never no what the time is.

Or probably better, just display sunrise and sunset times for location\date.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  17. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Request Title: Remove possibility to use a SteamID whitelist in the server browser
    Description: CO.R.6437 racecraft.online Race server is visible WITHOUT a password in the server list(no lock). But when I try to join it, it gives an error that I cannot join it because I am not in the "steamid whitelist". It's been there for days/a week or something and it never works so it really ruins the server browser. This option should not be possible, so that they can just add an password
    Benefits: A clean/correct server list. Clear what server is possible to join and what server isn't possible to join(lock or no lock), now it's completely unclear.

18. TurboHenk

IF they are able to get it done properly/repaired. It's better to remove them until there have a idea to fix it! Because it indeed looks insanely stupid these rotating clouds in VR. They really ruin the immersion.

Same for metal sparks. They simply don't render correctly in VR, they look horrible in VR. It's been reported many times but Reiza doesn't seem to be able to fix it. So it would be GREAT to have it as an option under the performance settings: Disable metal sparks. So that people can choose it. The same could be done for the strange rotation clouds: optional or removed UNTIL fixed/done better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. TurboHenk

Fully agree. Other extra suggestion about the chat: To make the chat SMALLER. So movable; yes indeed but that it's also taking notice of the HUD ini tweaks that's currently working for the rest of the HUD(I have a really small hud, and moved downwards so that it's out of the visual area in VR, I look down to see the HUD, it works great except the chat indeed).

20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Default Setups:
    Now, as there will be a major physics update in V 1.5, it would be the time to have a rework on the default setups.
    In many cars, they just do not fit and the driving experience can be very strange. It often needs just a few small adjustments and driving feels completely different and much more enjoyable.

I am writing this, because the usual suspects on YT still complain about the feeling of the cars, while most of them roll out with default setups, being too lazy to adjust them.
    But many of those guys have thousands of followers who believe every word they say and then step back from buying AMS 2.
    With a rework of the setups you might get more customers and less negative reviews on platforms like Twitch or YT.

• Agree Agree x 3