1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Think those are already simulated by the ME

• Like Like x 1
  2. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

cheers
    A boost to these effects is requested then

3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

They probably simulate them the correct amount. Don’t know how you can notice them

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

Game Version: 1.4.8

Can we please get host settings presets that we can customise and save ?
    Cause with the current system, f.e. if you end up as the "admin" or "host" of a race you join via lets say "RCO", it seems to keep these settings if you want to open up a lobby next time.

So either fix that or allow us to save a main baseline setting. Thank you :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Neptune

Neptune New Member AMS2 Club Member

Game Version: 1.4.8
    Request: Quick repair or scalable repair speed option.

Love running shorter online races with damage enabled but it can really ruin someones entire 10-20 min race having to sit in the pit for a few min. Would love the ability to control the speed of repairs similar to that of the damage scale options.

Thanks! love ams2 <3

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. CherryDude

CherryDude New Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, something like how iRacing gives you a quick repair in the rookie series. You still have to pit for repair but you can get back into the action without being completely out of the race.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

I have a serious feature request I have thought for a long time. I don't know exactly how to call it, I'll use the term *standalone sessions*.

Basically the possibility of getting rid of the UI and launching a session configured from CLI arguments and/or config files. Also, some API to get session results/state would accompany this idea.

With that kind of interface the community could develop custom UIs (like the AC CM), career mode apps (that launch sessions and collect the results to compute the progress), and so on and so forth.

8. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Reiza, plox, add this car! It's a Metalmoro chassis with a CBX1000 engine designed for trackday and drag races, it's road legal and it's based 100Km away from your office (Londrina).

[​IMG]

Abração!

9. kmikiwi

kmikiwi Member

Actually you get some info when you're as driver, but when you connect as spectator you don't get any race info to stream o export info, we need slots to can connect race control or spectator with admin rights to control race, that you can disconnect or rejoin without problem and have the admin profile... so we need more detailed info from shared memory or info to export after each race, mainly online races to can create a good results charts for leagues and championships, number of pit stops, pitstop time, number of incidents and points from incidents, wheel and fuel info, detailed laps info.... and need to spectators have this info or receive this info on screen to have a HUD for stream leagues races to can show full drivers and race info stats for live streams, a full and complete HUD with categories, classes, series, pitstops, gaps, laps, drivers number, nation flag, driver photo, car photo, name, track info, penalties info, etc so the spectator can use cameras and race info to can have full info race in streams.
    Love ams2 and hope to be the number one for me, my league and my community. thanks for all your effort!

10. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

I answer myself here. After researching on the shared memory API, I think it is documented well enough. Also the CREST app allows you to access the state from a REST API, which makes it even easier to use if you prefer higher level languages. I'll publish a free (as in freedom) Haskell library to access the shared memory as soon as it is ready.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Arwin98

Arwin98 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Based on Game Build: V1.4.8

Request Title: Improved grid customization

Description: I'd love to be able to select which cars I race and which I won't. (preferably even what exact cars + liveries) Right now it's only possible to race the identical car or an entire class. With the P1 class for example I'd love to race the MetalMoros, but exclude the Ginetta. Or exclude the Fan Car from the Formula Retro Grid.

Benefits: Players get more control over their experience and are able to replicate more types of events accurately.

• Agree Agree x 9
  12. Arwin98

Arwin98 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Based on Game Build: V1.4.8

Request Title: Improved electronics simulation

Description: Sims like ACC and rFactor have really caught on with their electronics simulation over the past years. I'd love to see more customizable TC in the form of TC1 and TC2. One setting for how much slip is needed for the traction control to kick in and the other for how much power is cut.
    I also noticed that the TC lights are on pretty much all the time in-game (even with TC set at 1) while in other games and in real life this is much more rare.

If road cars get an overhaul, it would also be interesting to simulate driving modes and ESP. Right now Beam.NG is the only sim that simulates this.

Benefits: The cars will behave more realistic on the limit, the players get more control over their driving experience and for the road car suggestion: It'll differentiate AMS 2 from the other sims featuring road cars and might draw attention from them. (Especially if a few more of them are added)

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Aspergillo

Aspergillo New Member

Based on Game Build: V1.4.8.1

Request Title: New types of competitions in online multiplayer

Description: Many people do not like normal online multiplayer competitions because of the excessive confusion and the risks of causing accidents.

Therefore, it would be interesting to give players the opportunity to create and set up lobbies for online gaming based on time trial type competitions. In addition to the classic fast lap competitions there could be "virtual races" where the person who makes the lowest total time over a certain number of laps wins.

Benefits: In my opinion, these kinds of competitions would greatly expand the audience of online players.

14. nivekbs

nivekbs New Member

Hi i have also a request/wish for the future.

So AMS2 has allot of good content to offer, but as a "custom championship singleplayer" only guy, i can play only a little bit of it at once.
    So i would really love to see waaaaay more custom championship spot´s in the game.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
  15. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

The dynamic AI commentary used by Straigh4 should be implemented in AMS2 to spice things up.

16. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Isn't it patented by Straight4 to be used only in their game(s) ?

17. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I don't know...I figure since they're partners, Reiza can incorporate some of the assets into their game. Maybe not. But I can't wait what the Straight4 game is going to be like....and how much input do Reiza had in the game. I hope it feels like Automobilista 2 as far as FFB and handling, that's what matter. Every thing else, I am sure Ian and the gangs will do a good job as far as graphics, UI, features, ect..

18. THK84

THK84 New Member

Request Title:
    Showroom:
    1) Default side on livery preview location
    2) Savable presets for location (re-usable on other cars)
    3) Refresh livery button

Description:
    1) Easy consistent preview for skinners, in line with default livery previews. (so without having to do this)
    2) Consistent images to show off liveries
    3) Reloading the livery without having to reload the game

Benefits:
    Quality of life for skinners

Last edited: Jul 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  19. THK84

THK84 New Member

Request Title:
    Alternate key bindings for all controls. If possible not only secondary, but even tertiary.

Description:
    I'd like to have the option to bind more inputs to the same function, so I can use both my wheel rim and other external input devices.
    For instance, wheel rim + Stream Deck (simulated kb input) + button box (simulated kb input).

Benefits:
    Versatility

*if only there was also an auto detect for wheel rims, with the correct configured control scheme applied automatically. We can dream... :)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  20. THK84

THK84 New Member

Request Title:
    Test Day/Track Day opponents

Description:
    I'd like to be able to set up track days/test day with opponents. Basically a test session where cars (from classes you select like for races) move in & out of the pits, do slow & fast laps, etc.

Benefits:
    Sometimes I just like to drive around a bit without being in an actual race event. But just test day without opponents can be a bit boring when not all out hot lapping.
    It's a feature I miss from (an)other racing sim(s)

• Agree Agree x 8