1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Ι wonder why this request is not already implemented ;)

2. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

Start a race session with Practice enabled selecting all classes you want on track. Wait in pits for some cars to leave the pits and enjoy the "track day" experience.

There's no need to proceed to qualifying and you'll achieve roughly the same effect.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. THK84

THK84 New Member

Yes, but you underestimate my laziness and lack of willingness to put in 'that much' effort ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I use to do that, but it ruin the driver's profile stats.

Ok, for now the profile is useless, but Reiza is working on improving the multiplayer and MAYBE, them, to have too much unfinished races will work against us. So, considering that Reiza can take a good time to add a track day mode, would be good to just ask and do the waiting game.

PS: The guy developing the Content Manager said something about developing a launcher for it. Maybe it will be as like the CM for Assetto Corsa that just added the track day option (that is not native to the game) along some other stuff people are asking here (as the option to set the race AI driver by driver, setting the car, skin, ballast and skill individually).

• Like Like x 1
  5. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

It doesn't if you abandon the session before it ends (before next one is loaded). No stats affected :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

As the number of liveries per category is currently set at 40, please consider adding 20 additional liveries to the Carrera Cup. With twenty 3.8 liveries and twenty 4.0 liveries in the category, users would have the option to better simulate either the 2014-16 Porsche Carrera Cup (3.8 Type 991.1) or 2017-19 Porsche Carrera Cup (4.0 Type 991.2) by setting Opponent Field Type to "Individual". With only half of those numbers for the category, it is currently an underwhelming option.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jugulador

Yet, it would be nice to build the "grid" as with the AC's CM. Until them, I will do as you said. Tanks!

8. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

Game Version 1.4.8

Given there is frequent confusion about the way AMS 2 counts finished laps rather then displaying the lap you are currently on (including me and my brother), it would be a nice QoL feature to be able to adjust this to our own liking.

I would also assume it would be on the easier side of things to add.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Please implement flag rules and penalties for the AI. They can drive like maniacs without any consequencies.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 8
  10. THK84

THK84 New Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
  11. SpeedraceHaydo

SpeedraceHaydo New Member

Y
    Yeah, and also, like ACC, add a button assignment option for the rain light too.

12. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

VSS.png Could we please have the option in the UI to select from our various User Control Presets at the Vehicle Selection screen? Just that simple addition at the vehicle screen would let us easily configure a car (before heading to a track) for paddle vs. sequential vs. H-shifter vs. dog-leg transmissions.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. Dhansi09

Dhansi09 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As we now will have cloud of dust on the RX-tracks it could be cool to have this also on other tracks when cars go on the grass (in summer edition/ dry conditions only) or when you drive through a dirt line left by others cars

Even some of the smaller brazilian tracks have a lot of dirt on tracks beside the racing line

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. herakles

herakles Member

Based on Game Build: 1.4.8.1
    Request Title: Blimp view camera angle
    Description: A camera angle from the very top in the sky, that look vertically down onto the vehicle chosen with a definite distance.
    Benefits: See your accurate driving line and check where to push harder towards the edges of the track. A clear and objective visibility of your driving line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jugulador

Like this:

[​IMG]

Or that:
    [​IMG]

I know you asked for the first one, but I think that the second is more useful because you can see a little far away. And it's more related with the little angle than to the distance (I tested both ways with a game prototype I "developed".

• Like Like x 1
  16. herakles

herakles Member

I think, you're right - the second one should be better. I mean, it all depends on how far away the camera is. If it's quite far away even on the first one, you could see more, but still some isometric view could be more beneficial.

Hmmm, on the second thought - I think, it really depends on how far away the camera is. It should be far away enough, but not some vision from the moon. ;):D

17. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

On time dev logs.
    TeeHee, kidding, not really.

Joking aside.
    Trueforce slider options, better native support for logitech direct drive

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. tabs

tabs New Member

Ability to assign buttons for navigating the menu.

If you're lucky enough to have a wheel that is on the recognized list, then things like your dpad and menu select buttons work to control the game menus.

If you have something else (in my case a T818 but will affect any unrecognized device, such as Moza stuff, or any new device) you can't use your wheel to navigate menus any more. Its a real pain in VR to lose that functionality, and I'll assume its a little annoying for others too.

Would be ideal to simply add a few more configurable keybinds to expose these functions that already exist.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

Agreed - im currently using the freeware "Anti Micro X" and experimented with the keyboard navigation in the menu and mapped the wheel buttons as keyboard buttonpresses.
    I can at least navigate through most of them with the wheel now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

The dirty air effect is nice, but it would be even better if the AI also was affected from it.

• Agree Agree x 2