1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Micha28

Micha28 New Member

Hello, I would like to be able to see if the running race is ranked or not. Furthermore, it would be nice if the possible settings were retained in the next sessions with a fixed setup.

2. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

As there are no flag rules for the AI, it would be nice if they left the pits in bigger intervals in qualifying in order to avoid them going in packs and building trains all the time.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. hbuzz

hbuzz New Member

I would love a feature similar to the Iracing Active Reset. The feature allows you take a snapshot of the car state anywhere on circuit and repeatedly return to this point to practice repeatedly for those hard to master sections.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. BighGreenHall

BighGreenHall New Member

It would be nice to have an option for 360° steering accuracy on the gamepad for the left thumbstick, which is capable of giving 360° rotational capacity which hasn't been utilized by any sim game I know of. Would be nice to have it in reiza Automobilista 2.
    360 gamepad steering.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Phil Au

Phil Au New Member

I would like Logitech True Force support to be supported.

6. BighGreenHall

BighGreenHall New Member

Thanks for agree! :D

7. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Is there any game where it is used?

8. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd like to see a full track map. The current map is kinda worthless since by the time you see something on it, it's too late.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

The best option currently would be using a Simhub overlay (IMO)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. dryheat94

Thanks, that's what I currently do. I'd like to lose Simhub since the map in AMS2 is the only thing I use it for. Feature request :)

11. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I use it for dashboards, but if we can get the dashboards in AMS2 as an overlay, I would be happy to switch

12. Oleg Kaban

Oleg Kaban New Member

man, that's a thing in at least one game?! Wow!! I was just thinking the other day that it would be cool to have such a thing, didn't know iRacing implemented it. It seems super useful. Less immersive? Probably. But useful.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Screw "immersion" when something like this is proper convenience for practice sessions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. wickfut

wickfut Member

I want to be able to use Photo-Mode filters during gameplay.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. dryheat94

Keybinds for onboard Turbo adjustments

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

543546.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. wickfut

wickfut Member

Thanks. I'm 100% VR so the Nvidia filters don't work. oh well. OpenXR tints it is.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Oleg Kaban

Oleg Kaban New Member

I just realized last week reading other folks comments, how cool it would be to have limited tyre sets. ACC has it, and here it was planned prior to 1.4, but wasn't prioritized it seems.
    Benefits: I think it makes for more challenging qualis, whether you race against AI or other players. In lobbies where tyre deg is on, the ability to have limited flying laps not only due to time constraints, but also knowing you have to spare a set for a race — makes it more challenging to fly, as you have to be even more cautious. Limited tire sets is all I want right now, really. Please!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  19. goldtop

goldtop New Member

This must have been requested before, but personal best times per car, per track with the option to reset following build updates.
    Also dirt build up on AI cars. Looks a bit odd in replays when when the player car is dirty and the AI are all clean.

20. Torrid Snake

Torrid Snake New Member

The comments have pretty much covered the major aspects of feature requests.
    AMS2 is such a beautifully profound and detailed sim that i/we just know you'll continue to deliver and set new benchmarks. I guess for me, personally - replay animation is so crux. AMS2's replay animation is really nice as it is, but if it can continue to be even more immersive, then that's additionally amazing.
    I have to say, i could watch iRacing's replay for literal hours. The detail in the replay animation is exceptional. Watching the replay fully display every significant movement of the car and chassis is ace. Plus, the sway of the track cam is cool, instead of the car being 'glued' to the centre of the screen. I say a little bit of cinematic sway never hurt anyone lol.
    ACC's replay animation on the other hand? - well, the less i say the better!

Either way, outstanding work by Renato and Co. Well deserved accolades for a (ongoing!) job well done

Last edited: Aug 19, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2