1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Can you take away the barriers on Runaway 10/28 of Galeão Airport track?

I used that track to high speed tests, but now can't do it.

This track used to be pretty open and nice to some freeroaming, but now it also have some invisible barriers. I didn't understand why to do it since that was a fun thing to do with AMS2 and didn't seems to mess with the game the way it was.

Other solution is to add a variant of this track without any of the racing adaptations, without AI, just for fun (same can be done with Cleveland). I believe that it's not hard to do.

And talking about variants. Both Nurburgring and Silverstone have some small inner tracks that weren't delivered. As these are paid DLC, would be nice to have all of it's variations.

Abração!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

Hi! Would it be possible to add some feature to the game for those of us who use a controller? to be able to drive in the rain and not be spinning or crashing into walls. It is really impossible to race in the rain, because the controller has no handle force feedback (obviously) to control the car in the wet.
    Please:( :hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

People have been asking for proper controller haptic feedback for 3+ years, nothing so far, so I wouldn't count on Reiza implementing that anytime soon.

4. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can we have a track category in the track selection menu for "Oval", please?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. alexandre fonseca

alexandre fonseca Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like to have an option to make the driver's body invisible. When I move the camera back, his headless body appears.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Dosda Pierrick

Dosda Pierrick Active Member AMS2 Club Member

just select animated wheel (cockpit wheel/driver) in display options

7. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I`m using this set for a long time and the body didn`t disappear, maybe I`m doing something wrong.

8. Dosda Pierrick

9. Dosda Pierrick

Well honestly if you see the driver body it means that you have a bad seating position, but for me when the setting is set to animated or static wheel i can't see the driver body at all

10. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It is FOV related so I second to be able to remove driver body.
    On my 23" triples (in some cars not all the cars) I must move seat back to see at least part of the dashboard.
    PS: My eyes are 58 cm to the screen.

11. Jugulador

I use the default camera ("R" to reset it) and can see the driver's jaw on McLaren GT4 every time that I break harder.

Probably it's the only car that the default camera is at a bad seating position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

5 second time penalty when not yielding for a blue flag after a few warnings.

But then compared to now the distance at which the blue flag appears should be adjusted, as currently it appears way too soon to the driver who is about to go a lap down.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 6
  13. dst

dst Member

Functioning Time Trials?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Not yet

15. Jugulador

Capo, please... lol

16. Doyle

Doyle New Member

I assume somebody has asked about this already, ages ago most likely, but I’m mostly curious if it’s a limitation of the engine - reflections of the car in the mirrors.

It’s a very good way to get to grips with where your car is relative to the walls, circuit edge, and other cars, plus since the suspension damage system is so robust, in an open wheeler it can be a great way to check your damage (I often find myself pausing the game and turning around in my chair so my VR lets me see the damage if I’ve smacked the wall with the rear).

Would also be very cool to have some sort of actual pit board - even if it’s one where we have to actually read it in real time as we pass. Rudimentary is fine, gap ahead/gap behind/position/lap and maybe last lap time is all that’s really necessary.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Member

Bathurst 1983 is an amazing track, as an Aussie I really appreciate the inclusion of another historic Australian track, but there's essentially no appropriate cars to race on this track. I wanted to suggest the idea of adding the 2 most prominent Aussie cars from the 1983 ATCC season to the game, the Holden Commodore VH and Ford Falcon XE.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Pubert

Pubert New Member

Playing exclusively in VR the UI/controls could be optimized:

Please support fully(!) controllable UI with Wheel/Gamepad.
    Main Menu -> Options -> Controls -> "Edit Assignments":
    How do i get to the "2nd tab row" with Motion/Vehicle/Assistance etc. with my wheel (and without 3rd party apps)?
    With XBOX-Controller this works with LT/LB/RT/RB.
    I have a Logitech G PRO Wheel with plenty of buttons/levers. It would be nice to use the handbrake/clutch levers for navigation as well...

Main screen: How do i get to the buttons at the top (replay, credits, user profile) - without a mouse?
    Inside replays: How can i get to the "Photo"-Button or the "Exit Replay"-button?

When playing with a VR headset, it's incredibly annoying that some UI elements are on the left side of the screen, but the confirmation box appears on the right side (e.g. EXIT Button on the left, yes/no on the right side). You have to move your head every time to see the relevant fields (unless you have a 200° FOV).

I know there is gaze control in VR, but I would prefer control using the steering wheel buttons/levers).

Otherwise: Very good game... uh, simulation

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Now that it seems EA WRC is going to be pretty much DR 2 on a new engine, I would like to see AMS 2 add some rally tracks and cars and show Codemasters how a rally car should actually feel and drive. Would be a perfect companion to the Time Trials and draw a huge rally base from a 20+ year old sim they are hanging onto, simply because no one else seems to be able to do it right.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Only if they add snow first

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1