1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. wickfut

wickfut Member

Physics and Simhub haptic FFB for collisions.
    I can hit a blade of grass and have my wheel and body shake like hell but I hit another car doing 130mph and I just "doink" off like I hit a fly?

Ability to press "exit" on my wheel buttons on action replay pages

Quick exit to main menu page from offline race pause menu.

Ability to race reversed tracks

Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  2. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

There’s a chance this has been asked multiple times in this thread alone, so I’m really sorry if it has, but… are there any plans to simplify weather or have the option to not need it attached to a date? This is usually an issue for me personally when I do quick races back to back in different hemispheres - whoops, I forgot that European Summer is Brazilian Winter, now my tires are ice and I have to exit the race. It is also a bit of an issue with custom championships as finding the right time of year, even with weather set to sunny, takes a ton of trial and error.
    Don’t get me wrong, i don’t think you should take away the ability to recreate weather conditions from actual races, that’s one of the neatest aspects of this sim, but I do think choosing a flat temperature or temperature range would be great too.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. wowbagger

wowbagger Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would desperately love a favourites screen that can be the default when selecting a car. As awesome as all the content is, it has become seriously onerous to keep flipping through page after page trying to find the car you want to drive, every single time you drive.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

And track layout

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

Would it be possible to set the minimum opponents in the class you're driving to 0 rather than 1?
    Sometimes I just want to be silly and be in a Formula Ultimate Gen 2 while everyone else is in a go-kart, and not have someone else in my class. It doesn't stop people doing serious multi-class racing, and it doesn't have to be the default, but it'd be fun to be able to be the ONLY car in a given class...

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. andy_east123

andy_east123 Member

Hello all,
    Would it be possible to add a night-time running option to the jcw mini?
    I know the real cars do not have this option, but they are such amazing cars to drive and this would be the sweetest and most amazing icing on the best cake ever made for me.

I hope enough people agree with this for you guys to invest the time into making it a reality.

I’ll keep enjoying the gift you have already given me in the meantime and hope for the best

Cheers
    Andy

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Maybe an eventual option to add "Auxiliary lights" for cars that don't normally race at night. o_O:)

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

upload_2023-10-26_22-1-10.jpeg
    let’s add these lights on the F1 cars

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

Title:
    More QoL for private session QoL

It would be great if the game could stop broadcasting positional data of other cars on track via shared memory or udp if one is in a private session.

Crewchief etc. is still calling out car to the left etc. which can be quite distracting.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

Setting UDP frequency to Off doesn't help?

• Like Like x 1
  11. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

You can switch off spotter in Crew Chief.

Open the software, switch to "Properties" and set the filter to "Spotter"; there, you can switch off the spotter. Then, you only get the messages from Crew Chief without this car left/car right-thing.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2023
  12. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd love to hear from the devs @Renato Simioni @CrimsonEminence @steelreserv (if they have time, know you're V busy) if this could even be possible to impliment?

13. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Would be amazing if they add slides to every AI skill possible as baking, cornering, out of corners acceleration, tendency to two/three/four/etc-wide, and whatever.

14. Lord Razz

Lord Razz New Member

Would be great if there was more integration with the Ranked Driving Multiplayer system RaceCraft Online. Reiza support could help move sales as more people might play AMS2 with a ranked online racing system like RCO

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. MONCHY

MONCHY New Member

Vous avez développé avec succès la physique 1.5, je trouve dommage de garder pour une simulation l’option aide : ON, OFF, AUTHENTIC dans l’onglet réaliste. La seule que l’on devrait avoir dans le jeu pour être tous au même niveau est AUTHENTIC. C’est plus juste pour tout le monde

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Jugulador

Would be nice to set a different point system to each race in a custom championship. As happen with F1, that the sprint has its own point system and the race another.

Abração!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Please add the option to make comments on the car classes in the selection screen in the user interface.
    For example, I would like to add the year of each F1 class and see it when I select the car.
    And make it tagable as well.

• Like Like x 3
  18. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

This is my biggest dream. Probably impossible.

Mods of rfactor2 as f1 60s /70s where you build your car from predefined pieces is also nice. This is probably doable with mods but a huge effort. Perhaps in some years from now with more mature modding tools and support.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Jugulador

I believe that what can really make that request impossible is that AMS2 engine is licensed and now under EA control, what would be a huge issue for something like that. Would be a dream not only for AMS2 players, but for Automation folks also.

20. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Little request:

Could we have the driver's inertia inside the cockpit?
    Seeing him bounce, move in the curves would give the replay an extra value.
    Thx
    :)

• Agree Agree x 1