1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Marg

Marg Active Member

When F1 classic point system 10(9)-6-4-3-2-1 (and CART's) will be available as a choice in championship menu? Is it so time consuming to make it?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Some teams(McLaren, Benetton, perhaps more) in 1993 had a one button optimal auto-downshift to first or second gear. I wonder if there are any plans to add this.
    Not vital, but would be cool to use.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Would be nice indeed

recently bought an LG 48 4K OLED TV and my rtx3080 is struggling to maintain 90fps in night or rain conditions

4. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

We need a flagman and it has to be the best one: Glen Dix
    Glen Dix 2.png

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Faures

Faures New Member

Hello, Automobilista 2 community,

I hope everyone is having a great time on the track! I'd like to share an idea that, in my opinion, could significantly enhance our simulation experience, especially for Formula 1 enthusiasts.

Currently, in Automobilista 2, we are fortunate to enjoy an exceptional simulation, but I believe there's a small improvement that could make races even more immersive. I've noticed that the rearview mirror view doesn't always accurately reflect what we would see in reality.

Specifically, taking the example of Formula 1 cars, it would be fantastic to have the option to see our rear wing and wheels in the rearview mirrors. This would add an extra dimension to the simulation, allowing drivers to better understand their position on the track and make more informed decisions in intense racing situations.

Furthermore, why not extend this feature to all the cars available in the game? Imagine being able to see the rear part of our car, as in reality, in the rearview mirrors. This could add an incredible touch of realism to our experience, whether we're driving a Formula 1 car, a touring car, or any other vehicle.

I propose adding an option in the graphics settings that would allow players to choose a "Realistic Rearview Mirror View." This would give everyone the ability to customize their experience according to their preferences, without compromising realism for those who enjoy the pure simulation aspect.

What do you think, fellow drivers? Does this seem like an interesting improvement for Automobilista 2? I'd love to hear your opinions, and perhaps, if it garners enough support, the developers might consider implementing it in a future update.

Let's make our favorite simulation even better together!

Safe travels, everyone!
    Mikoul

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. TomLehockySVK

I find it super weird not seeing my own car in the mirrors as it would alos give me a much better understanding of the position of my car on the track when opponents are near. And like you mentioned there should just be a graphical option for it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Faures

Faures New Member

Hello, Automobilista 2 community,

I want to share an idea that, in my opinion, could significantly enhance our simulation experience: the integration of real-time weather into the game.

Currently, we have the privilege of racing on incredibly detailed circuits, but imagine if we could also experience real weather conditions during our races. Numerous weather APIs are available for free, providing players with the opportunity to experience authentic weather conditions on their chosen circuit.

Adding an option to use current weather data on the selected circuit would be a fantastic innovation. This would mean that rain, sun, snow, or other weather conditions in the game would reflect what is currently happening on the real circuit. Not only would this increase the realism of our races, but it would also add an interesting strategic layer to our decisions regarding tires and race strategy.

What do you think, virtual drivers? Would this be an enhancement you would like to see in Automobilista 2? If you agree, perhaps we could encourage the developers to explore the possibility of integrating this feature into a future update.

Share your thoughts and let's discuss how this could make our simulation even more immersive!

Safe travels, everyone!

Mikoul

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. TomLehockySVK

Track selection having images?
    So people that do not know the tracks / are introduced to them for the very first time will know what to expect, or even those of us who know them can have a memory refresh.
    6546.jpg

5456551_1.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Steve G

Steve G New Member

The ability to add/remove sessions, like removing the 2nd Race or adding Practices to emulate specific series...Formula 1...over a racing weekend would be a nice feature.

10. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

• Disabled gear shift animations when car is set with automatic shifts in either or both directions.
    Please, reverse this decision, it seems strange and pointless to remove the animation just for using automatic shift.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Doyle

Doyle New Member

This isn’t talking about the driver assist, it’s talking about the actual real life feature on the Formula Hitech cars which had the option to shift manually or automatically.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

It's animation in general, not just one category. You can check this by changing the manual mode to automatic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. tabs

tabs New Member

In VR let us have an option to have mirrors be a unique view per eye so they look like mirrors and not television screens, and with the aforementioned car and driver as optional additions to the reflection. A good example would be custom shader patch vr mirrors in Assetto Corsa which even tracks head movement in them. This would necessitate being able to adjust the mirror angles.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Malaman

Malaman New Member

Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but it would be nice to be able to set a minimun pit stop time. Specially useful for endurance races.

I.E: 5 minutes pit stop so you have to wait 5 minutos to leave the pits even if your team has already finished the job.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Possibillity to save opponents settings ai strength and aggression for each category of cars..

16. Egor

Egor New Member

Dear Reiza, please add more slots for the championships (at the moment it is possible to host only 4 championships at the same time). You also need the ability to edit the preset championships that you have created.

• Like Like x 2
  17. _Was

_Was Member

We need this

marshall.PNG

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Agreed, the physical marshals are already there on the circuits, just standing there folding their arms and looking around. Make them earn their salary, by having them hold out or wave the required flag colour when required.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Virindi

Virindi New Member

I would like to be able to set an exact time for race start instead of just 1 hour increments, or at least 15 min. I love racing at sunrise. :)

Second wish, to have an intensity slider for "godrays"

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Faures

Faures New Member

Hello, Automobilista 2 drivers,

I would like to share an idea that, in my opinion, could add an exciting new dimension to our virtual races: the introduction of random mechanical failures on our vehicles.

Currently, we can feel the impact of damage caused by accidents, but how about adding random mechanical failures to the mix? Issues such as electrical malfunctions, hydraulic pressure failures, or even fuel problems. These incidents could add an element of surprise and strategy to our races, forcing drivers to manage not only the track but also mechanical challenges.

Imagine the additional challenge of dealing with a hydraulic pressure failure mid-race, requiring a quick adaptation of our driving style. This would not only make races more immersive but also encourage the development of race management skills.

I propose exploring the possibility of adding a system of mechanical failures in addition to the existing damage model. This could be optional for those who prefer a more traditional racing experience, but for those seeking maximum immersion, it could be an exciting option.

What do you think, simulation enthusiasts? Would you be interested in incorporating mechanical failures into Automobilista 2? Share your thoughts and let's discuss how this could bring a new depth to our virtual driving experience.

Safe travels, everyone!
    Mikoul