The Future of AMS2 - MP an LFM?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Robert Gerke, Jan 6, 2024.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Conserning unstable MP then this is the only game where I frequently have this in SP.
    I have a pretty stable cabled connection and other games are able to keep the connection all the time.
    But AMS2 is able to cut it.
    Not all the time - but almost :rolleyes:

disconnect again again.png

2. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow, I don't think I have ever seen this message 1,500 hours I've played this game.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. BrunoB

Congretulations. Then you probably wont get any problems at all running AMS2 in MP mode.

4. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think I've only disconnected twice, and both times it happened was when almost everyone else was as well.

I think this is one of the reasons trying to fault find the MP side of things is tricky, what causes you to have so many issues and I don't? It does seem that certain people have constant issues with MP connections.

5. BrunoB

My completely unqualified guess is there are some hidden connection issues in the Madness online engine AND then when it get connected to client servers with small individual "anomalies" then in certain situations the combi creates an issue.
    In my situation the connection led on my cable router is lighting up a few mm beside my monitor.
    And even if the connection was only lost a few ms I would immediately se it blinking.