1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Touristenfahrten Thread

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Shriukan, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Flashgod is correct. There is a table of steamids. Whenever you set a new lap, the name associated with your steamid gets updated if you changed it. The website directly fetches the name through steam via the steamids. No IPs are logged. :)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Flashgod

Flashgod New Member AMS2 Club Member

@Shriukan
    Is there an exploit?

diebywurst Porsche 911 GT3 R GT3 04:33:286 1 2020-11-30 16:28:4
    VR StrangeLoop Porsche 911 GT3 R GT3 04:39:218 2 2020-11-30 16:24:46

4:33 that's crazy

3. Shriukan

I am investigating. The issue is that without asking them or reproducing the issue myself, I cannot pass any useful info along to the devs. But yes there is some sort of timing issue coming from the game.

4. Flashgod

Yes, just tested with some friends. One of them has also a failed time in the server list. So it's not an exploit. Sorry diebywurst and VR StrangeLoop, it's all good.

5. Shriukan

How did it happen?

6. Flashgod

Can't tell, just saw it on the recorded lap times server list after we logged out.

StilleQuelle Lotus Type 49C Cosworth F-Vintage_Gen2 06:59:570 1 2020-11-30 18:33:3
    Ingame his time was around 10 min. Maybe you can find something in the logs.

7. Shriukan

Damn. Really need to know what is happening cause removing bugged times on a daily basis will become a chore, especially with those times where you aren't sure can be achieved or not.

8. Flashgod

Smells like an API error. Do you have seperate logfiles for server and API activity?

9. Shriukan

It's a lua addon and it reports no errors. Server doesn't report errors either. :S

10. Flashgod

11. Shriukan

For now, yes, the game is using the same MP netcode and system, minus the skill and safety ranking.

12. pfoetiman76

pfoetiman76 New Member AMS2 Club Member

It just happened again Raptor did a 05:27.948 in the M1 Procar. That's more than 3 minutes faster than ramsayg who is #1 on the leaderboard in TT. He even did not finish a lap. I was also on the server when it happened. I thought my 08:52.338 was a good time. :confused:

Desktop Screenshot 2020.12.01 - 18.18.21.84.png

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  13. Shriukan

Did it randomly happen during the lap or upon crossing the line (whether lapping or when coming out of pits)?

14. pfoetiman76

pfoetiman76 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly I don‘t know because I was on my lap. But I always see who is on a lap or in the pits. It is shown in the HUD.
    I don‘t think raptor was cheating. It is just something that happens. Maybe it is a problem or a bug in the MP. We often had sessions where some sync failures happened. So the 1st became 2nd and the 2nd 1st. But everyone saw the exact finish.
    I hope you can understand my worse english.

15. Shriukan

I don't think people cheat. I am just trying to understand what is happening, how i can reproduce it and how I can pass that info along to the devs to have it eventually fixed.

Considering my experience on pC2, I remember a similar (very possibly the same) issue where you were on a counting lap. Returned to the pits with a still valid lap and going back out. You would complete the outlap and see a huge cumulated time from the outlap, the time in pits and the time of the valid lap until you returned to pits. This wasn't an issue in pC2 because the start line was before any pitbox, so those laps would not cause issues.
    Because the start line in AMS2 is near the end of the pitboxes, the lap trigger activates in the lane.

My theory: You are on a valid lap, return to pits and the server doesn't receive a "lap stopped' trigger from the client (or something bugs around that process) and when you eventually go back out, you cross the start line in the pit lane and a lap complete trigger activates, thus making the game and addon register the lap.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Flashgod

I tried to replicate it yesterday, but no luck. Had a valid time running, returned to the pit and instantly left the box to cross the finish line. Returning to the pit always invalidated the current time correctly.
    Hmmm, speculation: does the bug always shove ~3.5 minutes from the real time?

17. Flashgod

There is one thing that seems to work differently from PC2. If you are leaving the box for the first time, the timer only starts after you finished the first round and crossed the finish line. If you immediately return to the box and leave it again, the timer will start during leaving the box and passing the height of the finish line.

18. Shriukan

No idea.

That is the same as pC2 actually. Difference is that in pc2 Nords, the start line is before the first pitbox xD

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  19. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If I remember correctly it also logs non-lapped times. Yesterday I was doing a lap or 2. 9.20 in the 620r, but some dude did a 8.00. After I checked his timings it was a non-lapped timing or a timing where the racedirector cancelled it due going offroad.

20. Flashgod

Just a wild guess, but i witnessed something yesterday. A friend arrived in the outer box area in front of his garage, after that he used return to pit box in the menu. I saw how his car was physically moved into the garage. It was not like a respawn, where the gameobject gets destroyed and respawned in the gameworld. Maybe that's how it happens, if you return to the pit while still on track, your car will be moved over the map in a blink of an eye. And if it passes the trigger box at the finish, a valid time will be registered.