1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The War in Europe and the impact on the world

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Mar 3, 2022.

1. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Well, don't withold the fact that germany has control over nuclear weaposn too. Fliegerhorst Büchel – Wikipedia the trick is just that there is a label on them that says "US-Airforce".

2. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So what did the Iraqi people do to the US people (and their allies), so they deserved to be invaded by them and have so many thousands ? Apart from having oil in their soil. Or what did the Serbians do to the European people, so they also got invaded? Or what did to us the numerous African nations that the west has invaded or overthrown their governments?

And it's an interesting path we're following also in the west, with politicians openly suggesting to "not give a space for Russians to tell their fake news", shut down news channels that do not tell the "right" story, shut down accounts of journalists or social media accounts saying something different because they "were telling fake news", while so much official western propaganda has been debunked again and again as being fake news? And I'm not talking only about the war, or even just this war. We're indeed still more free than some other parts of the world, but the way it is heading, I'm not sure this will still last long...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

The USA stores nuclear warheads in Germany.How many exactly is unknown.We have signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

4. cpcdem

Double post

5. McClutch

Oh come on, Büchel is a Luftwaffe base, those 20 B61 bombs in low yield tactical configuration are meant to be carried by Tornado MCR, and in Future, Luftwaffes F-35 Lightning II. The whole Treaty is a HOAX as long as those bombs are practically under controll of the Luftwaffe. It would be something else if Büchel was an US- Airforce base, but it is not. This is just one of the strange things here regarding the NATO and who's really in charge.

and... those bombs just got modernized in 2017.
    Why Luftwaffe jets...? these bombs were always there to be dropped onto german soil to stop sowjet advance in a "Fulda Gap" Scenario.
    The only reason to buy the F35 is it's capability to carry those bombs. The Eurofighter has no compatible centerline pylon.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dady Cairo

I don't see the point in that paragraph.
    Nobody shut down accounts in Germany.Only the "very not so funny anymore russian brainwash comedy channels" like RT and Sputnik are banned -NOW.
    I don't know if it is clear to you that the russian government has banned talk of war, invasion and demonstrations in the streets, threatening their own people with up to 15 years in prison.
    Latest news.
    For paragraph one - yes there was false claims from the USA in that time in relation to war against Sadam Hussein.What the Serbiens/Balkan did you must ask themself...

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Dady Cairo

We can not use them without permisson of the other Nato partners.Strange,where you have that information from.Note. Wikipedia hosts fake news too as everybody can write there with less control of the truth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. cpcdem

I can't talk about Germany, because I don't live there, but banning even "very not so funny anymore russian brainwash comedy channels like RT and Sputnik" still doesn't sound very democratic and pro-free speech, does it?

I'm not defending the Russian government,not at all, although I do not really know what they do, because my only source of information about what they do, is from western channels of information (and misinformation)... But still, demonstrations are getting more and more banned in Europe and the US, too, aren't they? What has happened in the last two years for example, when people were demonstrating against heavy freedom limiting measures? Weren't they met with police brutality almost all over the "free" world? But, yeah, in this case we have the "it's for our health" excuse. What has been happening to people in the west, scientists etc offering a different view of things? Aren't they being threatened with imprisonment for "causing health dangers with their views"?

And false claims from the USA for the Iraqi war...so that was pure propaganda, wasn't it? Very well organized, with showing videos and pictures all over the media taken from whatever locations in any part of the world from natural disasters and presenting them as crimes done by Sadam, right? And that resulted to the death of thousands and thousands of inccocent people due to our invasion, but no western nation sent all that remarkable help also to the invaded Iraqi people, why is that?

About the Serbians, please tell me, what did they do? And when you tell me, I will not necessarily agree or disagree with you, but I will point out, will what you say sound exactly like what Putin is saying today?

And Iraq and Serbia are only two examples, out of the many dozens invasions the western countries have done in the last few decades. Not saying that only western countries do that, but we are simply not "innocent" or the "good guys", the "right part of the story" as we try to present ourselves. The point I am trying to make, is that in my opinion we (western people) are being extremely hypocritical by pointing the finger only to Putin saying he is is the absolute evil (for this war), especially since this war is in part provoked by us and we have done way worse things than him in very recent history.

This war is absolutely terrible. All war is actually terrible, including all the ones that we have started and/or provoked ourselves.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. McClutch

This post contained too much personal information!

10. Dady Cairo

1.In relation to the complex theme of Jugoslawian multi-ethnic state wars, i can only refer to Wikepedia:
    Jugoslawienkriege – Wikipedia
    Much too complex for my brain.Maybe Tito has something to do with it.
    2.You are right with the Iraq war.But that was another government at these days.
    3.Putin was a East-German KGB Agent in the DDR.He didn't like what Gorbatschow did 1991.
    He had a good job in East-Germany with everything you could imagine.After that he had to go back to russia and is angry about it till today.And he is a clever one.We all trusted his words.He did the same with Georgia (my wife comes from there).
    4.We can not argue about things done in the past as everything changes faster since
    the "web" was invented.The world is in constant change.
    Otherwise explain to me what the Ukrainian (also slavonic) did to russia? Nothing.
    I's all about land gain,economy for his for his conception of a great russian empire like it was 1917.
    Same as Hitler has done in WW2.Exactly.Good for him as there was no internet.;)

11. cpcdem

I agree it's all about money and powerplay. As are all the wars we westerns (and eastern nations of course) have started or provoked very recently or in the past. And the wars we westerns continue to participate in even right now in various parts of the world, killing lots of people everyday with our weapons. I don't get the argument why we should not discuss war crimes we have committed in the previous years because "it was another government", but even so, please do a google search for active wars in the world in 2022, it's an interesting read.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dady Cairo

We can of course but it might get too complex,you know.I'm german i know much about WW2,i know our own faults.Let us not loose the focus here.:)

13. cpcdem

Well, I'm not talking about as far as 100 years ago, if I did that I'd need to talk also about 2000 years ago and speak also about our own crimes (yeah, now giving even more personal information :))!

But we are supposed post WW2 to have learned from our mistakes and established a world or prosper with respect to everybody else, with freedom, equality etc etc and we are "the good guys"! And in the very recent years we've started ourselves so much numerous wars that it is difficult to enumerate them, we have been killing thousands and thousands of innocent people directly or indirectly (and we are still doing that right now), but for some reason almost nobody cares about those people or offers to help or support them.

It's only now that for some reason the whole western world has been worrying about what's happening in Ukraine and giving their support. And that's an extremely good thing of course, because the Ukranian people need all the help and support we can give them. But the only reason why this is happening now, is because those who rule our world want us to care and help this one time, while they did not want us to care for other nations suffering in the past (or the present). We are simply puppets in their very dangerous power play.

14. Dady Cairo

Russia restricts access to BBC

According to a media report, the Russian media regulator is restricting access to the BBC's Russian offerings. This also affects Radio Liberty and the news portal Meduza, the RIA news agency reports. The Russian Foreign Ministry had said Thursday that the BBC was being used to undermine Russia's domestic politics and security.

Edit:

Putin, in turn, has shut down Echo Moscow, one of the few independent radio stations in Russia critical of Putin. In return, the EU banned RT and Sputnik on Wednesday.

15. Dady Cairo

Some more,some less...:rolleyes:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. McClutch

more, not less. I'm a Bundeswehr Reservist, I'am nervous.

• Like Like x 2
  17. MJV_1973

MJV_1973 finnish ed AMS2 Club Member

18. McClutch

The only way is up! 2199.JPG I still rember the days when there was ZERO in the first digit.

19. Roland Van de Walle

Roland Van de Walle Member

Don't use wikipedia to investigate war, anyone can change info on there.
    Nato played a dirty roll in that yuguslavian war with their bombings and also in srebrenica - dutchbat
    Plenty to find on it on youtube , google, ... of all the parties involved.
    Perhaps not the best channel but ...
    Operation "Merciful Angel" NATO's war on Civilians - YouTube Operation allied force
    Stoltenberg has only recently apologized for this.
    Camp bondsteel is also something thats worth investigating.
    What has the Ukranian done to Russia , hmm.
    Sevastopol lease comes to my mind.
    Ukraine - Russia’s Black Sea fleet in Sevastopol (diploweb.com)
    Not defending Russia by the way, all i am saying is that our media is not telling the whole story.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Dady Cairo

I am aware of that.:)