1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The War in Europe and the impact on the world

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Mar 3, 2022.

1. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I disagree, because later all those things are being forgotten and again nobody wants to hear about this. But I think it's important to realize that the world is full of criminal dictators, who also murder opponents and put journalists in prison, and many of those are leading the more powerful countries in the world. Or they just pull the strings on those puppet leaders who then pull their strings on us, turning us one against the other. If we do not realize this and try to change it, stupid terrible wars like this (and so many more that are also happening right now, but we do not hear about them) will never stop happening, also because hate brings hate and that's their game that we are all playing so well for them.

2. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok, you are right, but for now I keep all my positive thoughts for the Ukrainian people, and all my hate for Putin.

• Like Like x 3
  3. cpcdem

Oh, absolutely, it's terrible what happens to the people, also all my positive thoughts to the Ukrainian people and all other nations that are suffering from war (and not only that). And all my disgust for all war mongers in the world.

4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Ukraine: US companies are amazed - programmers just keep working
    In the headquarters of Western technology companies, people are currently rubbing their eyes in amazement. For despite the war in Ukraine, the programmers based there continue to send results of their work.
    In view of the fact that several large cities are repeatedly under fire and well over a million people are already fleeing the Russian attack, it was basically expected that the developers in the country would be busy with other things than continuing to do their work. In many cases, however, that is not the case.

"Yes, our teams are sending work results from a ****ing parking garage in Kharkiv under heavy fire and rifle fire in the area. Amazing people," commented Logan Bender, chief financial officer of a San Francisco-based software licensing company, according to a report by US broadcaster CNBC. Yet, he said, no signals had been sent to the employees in question that this was expected.

Made of different stuff
    On the contrary, "We told them, of course, that all performance claims are off the table. We just wanted to know how we could help them beyond continuing to pay their salaries and helping them with visa applications," Bender said. They even wanted to organise armed protection to get the programmers safely out of the crisis area, but this was not accepted.

Similar reports came from other companies working with Ukrainian developers. "Our senior front-end developer has fled Lviv to his parents' house 40 kilometres outside the city and is still submitting pull requests," said Eric Hovagim, chief executive and founder of Los Angeles-based betting platform Pogbet. "He will return tomorrow morning to continue his work while helping with the fighting."

There are about 200,000 developers working in Ukraine, according to the latest figures. One in five of the world's 500 biggest companies maintains teams of programmers in the country, because they are well-trained and comparatively cheap. And, as it now turns out, even more reliable than might be expected. "These Ukrainians are made of different stuff," Hovagim said. "These people are their own armed guards."

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like Like x 2
  5. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nothing more to say.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey guys, so a good friend of mine has contacts from a ministry/charity he works with in Ukraine. A few of them had been able to escape to Maldova and has been housing fellow refugees on their escape out of the country. One of them wasn't able to get out before the invasion and stayed behind to help. Keep "Z" in your prayers, his apartment got hit with a rocket.
    Screenshot_20220310-123302_Instagram.jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

As a dane Im pretty ashamed that the danish brewery Carlsberg prowdly has announced they have completely stopped producing Carlsberg beer in Russia because of the war.
    But danish newspapers has revealed that this is just some kind of fake Ukraine-washing of Carlsberg.
    Because its only 10% of Carlsbergs Russia-produced beer that is sold in Russia under the name Carlsberg.

90% of Carsbergs Russia-produced beer is still produced and sold in Russia just under other names like Sommersby and Baltika beer.
    A good example of the morale behind closed dors in this company.:cool:

Carlsberg.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Dady Cairo

Look,what my baker sold today,i got me two for my wife and me!
    With vanilla pudding inside.Very sweet. We call it "Berliner" in Germany.
    Delicious...

IMG-20220310-WA0000.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Those are called 'Krapfen' :p And yes, very yummy!

I saw a meme about those some days ago where they were sold for €2,50 a piece. I guess at least part of that went to a charity for a Ukraine help fund.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Edit: Im gonna take another look at this post when i sober up..

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dady Cairo

Peace,all cleared up.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  12. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Due to a unusual hoarding of fuel oil in Germany, Diesel fuel is, for the fist time ever, now even more espensive then Super gasoline.
    The first cargo carrier companies are considering a shutdown of their businesses for the time beeing.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Dady Cairo

Compact and true. I love Arnie!

14. cpcdem

Very well said indeed! But I hope Arnie has said the same things also for the dozens of wars the country in which he was a governor recently started in the last couple decades. Because if he hadn't done that, then I'm afraid he is a pathetic hypocrite IMO. Biggest "other side" crime that he could mention was the assault in the Capitol? Really Arnie?

• Agree Agree x 4