1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 'What Are You Currently Doing in AMS2?' Thread (Discussion of Most Fun Ways to Play AMS2)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Chip, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

With the vast range of content, and almost limitless ways to customize races, I think it would be great if people were willing to share what they are currently enjoying the most in AMS2, and update this thread as they experience and discover new fun ways to play. Feel free to make your posts as detailed or general as you'd like. Are you racing using a third-party career mode apps such as Abesto's Career Site or Racing Life App? Are you setting up historical races? If so, which ones? Are you trying to beat time trial records? If so, which tracks/cars? Even if you only have time to share the car/s you are currently driving the most, please take a moment to share!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Just MP racing, and laughing whenever I start last in a non-ranked lobby and see the grid crash, or swear when it happens to me in a ranked-lobby while I am at Pole or so, hehehe. Fun games! <3

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Solely TTstuff.
    Because of things like mentioned in the post above :D
    And ofcourse because of the tecnical state of MP in AMS2:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

After 2500 hours in AMS2 I bought finally a VR headset and currently I am looking for the right settings. If the settings are good it's really next level. So much more consistency to drive a lap in 3D! In 2D I hardly did any open wheelers, but in VR open wheelers are so much fun. But as I said, still puzzling with the settings.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BrunoB

What headset?
    Because Im still sitting on the sidefence waiting for next gen VR kits.
    Hehe and a modern PC:p

6. Wilfred de Ruijter

The Pico 4. Since it is new there are quite some things to find out. But it's light and it has the same resolution as the HP Reverb G2 and inside out tracking. So you don't need a base station (or lighthouse).

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

After taking a deep dive into the AI and what they are capable of I've switched to being an alpha tester for the MP experience but I tend to steer clear of the boring servers... Aids, default set ups, no damage, AI...

Really getting into the Group A and Prototype experience in AMS2... The Prototype classes aren't balanced at all but damn they are fun... Of course my regular diet of GT1s, Group C and JCW Minis get their fair share of run anytime I see a server with them...

• Like Like x 1
  8. BrunoB

Thanks.
    I just checked the price out - pretty reasonable(IMO).
    I have been tempted to take the plunge since the start of commercial VR sets.
    But its not until recently the resolution (taken from reviews) is close to my personal minimum.
    Im watching the progres of the Pimax Crystal but because of the Pimax company I dont really know if I dare to get onboard such a lousy company :rolleyes:
    But among other things the FOV and resolution of the Crystal sounds pretty reasonable.

9. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mostly one-off 30 mins races with time acceleration (usually x5 or x10 with matching fuel consumption acceleration), a few weather slots, full damage, varied dates of year and time of day. I'm slowly moving into a bit longer races and varied reasons to do pitstops.
    And experimenting with settings I did not try before. Recently: historic weather, mandatory pit stops, fuel consumption acceleration, race starting at night and extending to the morning or starting late in the afternoon and extending to night.
    AMS2 is a huge sandbox with zillion combinations possible.
    For example some slower single seaters (such as P4) are really fun on short circuit layouts variants (especially at night) people probably rarely use.
    There is a lot of experimentation possible but it requires a bit of special mindset.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Wilfred de Ruijter

I was also watching at Pimax for it's FOV. The Pico has 104 degrees and it's a lot less than triple monitors! I used to see every car coming from behind, but with VR I really need CrewChief and the radar. But racing in 3D is worth it, although it feels like you are racing through binoculairs:).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Setting up a DTM league that starts this Saturday, crossing fingers that we won't find too serious issues.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Scar666

Are you talking Group A?

If so, I'm definitely keen!

13. Chip

How are you finding the AI behavior given the time acceleration paired with multiple weather spots? In the past, I found they are pretty quick to switch tires back and forth quickly at the first sight of rain, resulting in many pit stops when none were really required.

14. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

upload_2023-2-9_0-9-18.png

• Like Like x 1
  15. Scar666

16. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Check your PMs :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Coldsalmon

Coldsalmon Member AMS2 Club Member

I like doing multiclass races with cars I think look cool. I was recently using this setup:
    P1, P4, GT3/4, M1, GT Classics, Copa Classics FL, Copa Fusca or Opala 79

I can set the AI a bit too fast for me to keep up, because they are not very good at overtaking slower cars. So the races end up being very dramatic with me overtaking in traffic, and then having to fight to keep my position, and often losing it, when the track opens up.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Chip

Bump for hopefully more responses! What is the most fun thing you've done recently in AMS2?

19. Coldsalmon

Coldsalmon Member AMS2 Club Member

Lately I'm racing on racecraft.online. It's fun because there are races every 30 minutes, it fills out the grid with AI, and it tracks all of your stats and has competitive series standings. It's great for working on clean racing because it has an automated safety rating system and there are no restarts.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Scar666

Bathurst 1983... In ANYTHING!!!

But mainly still catching out a lot of bugs in the MP and having the fun inbetween that can be had...

I've also been testing some mods and poking around to see what is possible within the engine...

• Like Like x 2